18 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 4:42 AM by starbuckfrack RSS

I'm going to keep playing MW3!!!!!!

It seems like multiple times each day a thread is posted by someone "swearing off CoD altogether, FOREVER" and returning to Halo.  Yet they still post threads in the MW3 forums, just to let everyone know they are over this game.

I thought I would start an honest thread.  I'm going to keep playing MW3.

There are glitches, exploits, modifications, cheaters, and other things that upset me.  It's not enough to completely ruin a franchise for me, though.  When people mod, I either still win in the game, or realize that they have truly won anyway, because they cheated.  They will be caught and banned one day, but until then, I will avoid them.

Too many threads about nerfing and buffing guns left and right.  This one is too powerful, this one is too weak.  To me, it doesn't matter what the weapon system is.  With practice you can make it work, and it really just depends what an individual prefers.  So the stiker can kill from too great a distance, I can still beat that guy with my FAD, or my P90, or the RSASS.  Big deal.  If you think someone beat you strictly because they used a certain weapon that is unfair, then use that weapon.

Elite.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to use everything that was advertised.  Specifically clan operations and challenges.  Because I am a founder, I will be getting DLC on Tuesday as opposed to March like everyone else.  That is worth the money.  That fact cannot be disputed.  If you buy premium Elite, the DLC's will cost less as a whole than if you don't.  Simple.

I would like to see more productive forums, instead of trollers who are clearly only fooling themselves.  No one really believes that you are putting the game down for good.  Otherwise, you wouldn't feel the need to start a discussion in here.

• Re: I'm going to keep playing MW3!!!!!!

andddd AMEN ^

Agreed

The constant nerfing and buffing complaining really annoys me since there really is no way for there to be perfect balance.

Nubdub

keep telling yourself that long enough and you might believe it.

TL_Bare_B_V2

Same here. yes it has it's faults but what game doesn't? Don't forget to post your good times!

New Community Success Storys

bo2000

Yeah I keep playing it. Everytime a new hotfix or update hits xbl. After about thirty minutes I switch off since nothing is fixed. Gonna check the new maps in fa few days since I was trusting enough to buy hardened. What a waste until now.

lilbaily2

I'm going to keep playing to....

Don't worry about the whiners like the guy above me.  I can bet money he started playing BLOPS as his first CoD...Only people that complain just started CoD with BLOPS

bo2000

you need to seriously STFU since I played every COD they ever made, smarthead

esmorgue

lilbaily2 wrote:

I'm going to keep playing to....

Don't worry about the whiners like the guy above me.  I can bet money he started playing BLOPS as his first CoD...Only people that complain just started CoD with BLOPS

Much like yourself, or let me guess you started playing when we couldnt stomach what was happening to MW2 anymore. So you stayed and got in your Challenge lobby, stole everything we achieved, killed for. Anybody that thinks this game runs fine started playing CoD with Black Ops and do not know that things were better performing before.

natimusmaximus

No lie, I am having fun with MW3. I have played COD since the first COD. All of them have their positives and negatives if you want to pull out the magnafine glass. I for one just want to play and have a good time with my buddies, which I do. So right on! Thanks for a positive thread.

zero7272

100% agreed lets face it guys it is fun to play at times, and lets say the majority of the time you win but there will be some instances were you you will lose i have come to terms with that. The lag can really act up at times but for the most part, speaking for my self i always put the lag Comp back in its place always end up in the top 4 of a game session, mostly go positive and on occassions break even in my element, but for the rest i mean come on I am sure that everyone in here has those One man army moments, Or Okay you want some come and get it moments, it has happened to all of us dont get down on the game when its not in your favor all the time.

ill keep killing until there is no one left

esmorgue

natimusmaximus wrote:

No lie, I am having fun with MW3. I have played COD since the first COD. All of them have their positives and negatives if you want to pull out the magnafine glass. I for one just want to play and have a good time with my buddies, which I do. So right on! Thanks for a positive thread.

I doubt very seriously you did, because if you did you would know how to spell MAGNIFYING.

gallp13

Me too positives outweigh negatives.

starbuckfrack

There are negativs ???

I mean they are so small I dont even notice them.

Seriously, I think its funny the people who "are going to take it back to Gamestop if ..." and months later they are here still complaining on their Don Quixote crusade to know down that windmill that keeps bugging them.

Especially the ones that "have gone thru their fourth disk in a month". What did they do ? Buy 5 copies just in case ???

True story coming up....Mostly posted for reference to this topic of "gonna take it back" failure to follow thru.

First let me say Saints row 1 and 2 are fun even though they are buggy, especially 1. But some will agree the drasticly half finished game that number 3 REALLY did become. If you want my honest opinion look at my review on Amazon of SR3 down at 1 star. It shows the details that others helped me compare in the differences.

Saints Row 3 sucked badly for me and I bought the Season pass and game for both me and my wife. That was 180 dollars to me going to waste. But me wife does love the game. It sat on the shelf after the first week.

When the first DLC just came out and I played it for 5 minutes I could tell it was STILL crap. The DLC meant nothing to make up for the game.

First chance I could return it was three hours later. So what did I do ? I posted on the forum and asked people what they thought about the game WITHOUT going into a tirade publicly. I asked them what their opinions were.

I then got 30 bucks for it off of Gamestop and used that money to buy something else. The only reason I went back to those forums is to read the responses and thank people for their opinions.

Now that history of that game for me is gone and It will take me alot to go back and buy the next one. I may borrow my wifes copy to play the future DLC .

BTW in my own home the only person who saw my frustration was my wife and the dogs. No public outburst needed over a video game.

Some people are a man of their word .

and to SHANK this is not pointing at YOU because I didnt realize you bought the 100 dollar package of MW3. I wouldnt blame you for holding up to see how it goes like I did with SR3.

obzi

I'm really positive too, I've had some cracking games recently.