10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2012 11:40 AM by bonfire5 RSS

Do gamers use PS3 modded controllers with inbuilt rapid fire mode ?

sachinvats

Do gamers use PS3 modded controllers with inbuilt rapid fire mode

1. is it legit
  2. How does it help
  3. What are the various modded controllers available for PS3
  4. which is the best PS3 modded controller
  5. Do you get banned for using it
  • Re: Do gamers use PS3 modded controllers with inbuilt rapid fire mode ?
    RAMBONER

I dont know about modded but aftermarket controllers have terrible dead spots on the stick and might help occasionally but throughout the course of a game they would get the worse end of it.  The only gun it would help with is the M14 honestly.

kylet345

If you look at the Call of Duty online conduct thread, you would see that it actually says you can banned for the use of things like modded controllers. I don't really understand why you would need one. Most Semi-Automatics with the exception of the MK14 have no fire cap at all and can be fired as fast as any Fully-Automatic gun with a good trigger finger.

deadimpact

I don't know Infinity Ward's stance on this, but I have been in one game where someone was obviously using a controller like that. At the end, a few people said they reported the person for cheating. I don't know if anything happened as a result, but you certainly run the risk of being reported and banned.

sachinvats

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Recently, I played a game where I did see some using MK14 like fully automatic.

I was surprised, i googled and learnt about modded controllers. I checked few previous threads and it was not clear from those threads what is Activision/IW view on this.

I am pretty happy with PS3 dual shock controller, but as I am not a beast player....It is good to know sometimes what players do online.

I play for fun and stay away from using glitches and mod stuff. But it is good to know about it once a while, So you know if someone is not playing fare and it can be reported.

The Mk14 does have a rapid fire option to unlock,could it have just been that????

thehunan

When in the store and see someone looking at them to buy one or hear about them having one standing in line on release nights i make sure to let everyone know in the gereral area (loud comments) how much of a peice of crap they are. and point it out to everyone i can that they openly say they have and use one. Kinda funny to see them walk away and try to get lost in the croud after that.

I have a rapid fire controller and I bought it from game, I never use it online it's just a spare controller I have incase my main one breaks or if my kids play racing games together,

I have used it on zombies though and it's ok but crap on 3 shot burst guns but it's great for pistols and rifles that are one shots,

Thing is I bought that controller legally an have not modded anything so how can they ban me for using a controller that any one can buy legally from any game-game stop store???

To be completely honest though I prefer the real playstation controllers over any other cheaper controller on the market, as most seem clumpy or stiff when aiming and don't have the same touch/sensitivity as a real controller,

But they are great for racing games

They cannot ban 3rd party macro controllers. Sony has given a few companies rights to make 3rd party controllers to give consumers a cheaper option. Some like Mad Catz make Macro controllers with rapid fire. This is perfrectly legal. I have played a few games that actualy disable the rapid firesetting on them, becasue it is written in the code. I do not know if MW3 has that for online play.

Pure Modded controllers on the other hand is a different story. Last I heard it was illegal to do this to both consoles controllers, but people are selling them on net. So much for that Idea.

I do know that a mdded controller on XBOX will land you a ban, Just ask my cousin, but Microsoft does not have 3rd party controllers for the 360 last I check so it is easy to find these people. I know PS3 Forums not 360.

bonfire5

I have a controller with Dual Triggers and use Default Alt for firing, but I'm not sure if this is the Mod you mean. Either way, I have a decent enough trigger finger to fire a 1911 or Five-seveN fast enough to beat an AR 6/10 times.