46 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 8:43 PM by rainmaker6 RSS

Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

It is ridiculous that a whole perk that has more benefits than every other perk in the game gets to cancel out killstreaks(counter UAV-EMP, UAV), attachments(HB sensor and PR which should go to dead silence or blind eye) and Marksman. Now this is what im going to hear now

 

" Use your eyes and ears you have them for a reason" I beleive marksman was made for a reason and you can't use your ears when people using dead silence.

 

"Stop playing pac-man and chasing red dots" if you see a red dot right beside you your saying you won't go there yourself to kill the man? Radar is there for a reason

 

" I like using assasin cause I suck when im on a radar and can't stay in my spot for long" Stop talking about how skilled you are. You rely on invisible perks to help yourself do good in a game smh.

 

Now im just expressing myself about marksman as it kind of shows the general area of where people are and does help out sniping. Now if people jsut sue this crap, they pop up behind you but since  we don't have eyes at the back of our heads, we can't protect ourselfs from that.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

    100% agreed.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

      One more thing is when people say

       

      "Use Recon or Recon Drome"- I have recon pro, it helps but its not the absolute counter to it. You want me to stand in 1 place and spray anywhere with an M60E4 so i can see people on a radar? If a person uses a recon drone sure it helps but thats until the person effected dies then they have to be tagged again and it gets destroyed easily or by 1 emp grenade. It also haves a 5 on 6 since 1 person isnt moving and that could help a person get like a pred missle or even worse an osprey.

       

      " you would be giving up quickdraw and hardline"- its called specialist? id give up perks so I could be behind the whole team without them noticing and there you go an easy killstreak

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        nuttin2say

        Hey! The PacMan quote is originally from me!

         

        Back on topic, though ...

         

        Let's see ... think Assassin Pro should be changed because it is a counter to "everything" ...

         

        But you counter the Recon suggestion because it is not an absolute counter?

         

        That means you want a perk that counters everything, including Assassin Pro.

         

        Yep. That's definitely what you are wanting, something that tells you where everyone on the other team is full time. I quote you ...

        If a person uses a recon drone sure it helps but thats until the person effected dies then they have to be tagged again

         

        You may be tired of hearing it, but the reality is that if there is one element of the game that's ruining you from being an 3l33t3 30:1 KDR player, then changing the perk is not going to help you. The Striker having a range of 4 miles and FMGs popping up around every corner I admit are annoying as hell ... but they aren't worth me getting on here hoping they change up the game.

         

        Besides that, Assassin isn't even the first OR second most used Tier 2 perk.

         

        Learn to deal with it.

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

          I think i might have sounded like I wanted the aboslute thing to counter it but i meant like something that can last more than 6 seconds..... but i dont care bout popping up on radar right now

           

          Mainly I just meant marksman should bypass this perk which has so many benefits as it says in the topic of the thread............

           

          I here what you are saying though and really do make sense unlike these mindless 11 yr olds who say the same thing in every post as I quoted above

           

          Im not that type of person to kind of deal with things... if I get constantly killed from behind and its by the same perk, I try to do things to stop that like put on recon by i only have 2 flash bangs or id just throw one every where I go so I kno its safe.

          • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
            nuttin2say

            Nice response. You're being rational. At least, you're trying to be and that's as good as actually being rational, IMO.

             

            You know, I've noticed that people that complain about Assassin do something that is exactly opposite of people that don't have a problem with Assassin.

             

            Before I explain what that habit is, let me tell you the two times I will cross through the middle of a map ...

             

            1 - when the other team sucks so bad there is literally nothing I can do wrong. In those situations, I throw all caution into the wind and search out opponents as fast as I can by cutting across maps.

             

            2 - When the other team seems to have a section of the map hunkered down. Usually teams that "camp" will be holding down two different approaches. To camp effectively, you really need to minimize the routes of approach. There's not a single map where you can force the opposing team to approach you from one direction. In fact, most maps have at least three different ways to approach every zone (including the bunker on Outpost). When they have two areas nailed down really good, it's time to break their focus by trying a third route - which usually means crossing the middle of the map. Almost always doing this will fail in its direct attack ... but it will divert attention from one of the other two approaches ... which is generally all that needs to happen in order to let your team break the strong-hold the other team has on the zone they are holding.

             

            Long explanation, I know.

             

            But it should help identify the habit I see in the two types of Assassin philosophies.

             

            Those that have a problem are often in the middle of the map.

             

            Those that don't are usually on the outter edges of the map.

             

            Circle the outside of the map. This minimizes the areas you need to check for corner campers. Most map edges also have medium to long lines of sight. Yes, there is sometimes clutter, but the odds are in your favor that the camper is going to fire a shot or make a move before you get to the spot where they are hiding. You probably won't be able to make a kill before the "camper" takes cover again. That's fine. You don't have to just yet. But what you can do is get close enough to him that you have multiple options like using a flash bang, a grenade (I prefer frags. Frags bounce and you can reflect them off walls or window sills or door jams right to where the camper is - and you can cook frags. Most players use Semtex because its cool to get a sticky kill. Do you want to get one cool kill out of ten while dying 15 times? Or do you want to get 25 kills and only die 10 times?)

             

            Circle the outside edges of the map, making inward excursions ONLY when the kill toward the inside of the map is easy ... or if you have no other route to go in order to escape someone that has a 1v1 advantage (like when you're out of ammo and you need to get somewhere that you can get an easy knife kill).

             

            Players that are "good" but hate Assassin tend to be players rushing the middle of the map. Bad move.

             

            And if you think this doesn't work with objective games, like domination, you're wrong. Cap A or C then when the going is good, hit B hard ... then clear out of dodge back to the point you've capped once already. Don't worry about a third cap. That's usually how teams lose.

             

            Hope this helps.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    dlundebjerg28

    I thought about this as well for a while, but this would make Marksman a bit unfair. My reasoning behind this is that there is no perk that cancels out an ability of another perk. Assasain Pro let's your name not show up over your head, and by canceling that out with Marksman it seems a bit unfair. It's like having Dead Silence users footsteps make noise to a SitRep Pro user, just doesn't make sense. Decent idea and I like the fact you aren't whining about Assasain, but no perk should give you the ability to cancel out another perk

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    Snipingdbag

    So you can kill long range easily without effort 24/7? Marksman pro is the Uber "noob" perk of the game, as is all this uav spam, stop spamming uavs and use your eyes / surroundings for kills for a while, instead of wanting to be baby spoon-fed kills constantly with people lighting up like xmas trees. Play barebones for a while. You will start to only use the uav as an indication in other game modes and never think about assassin again.

     

    Btw, seriously first learn to spell assassin correctly, then make a nick about it and possible thread.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

      yep, marksman would be overpowered if assassin didn't have "non-name mark" to make it a little more balanced, they should make "no target name' on like blast shield or overkill 

       

      this way people will still get killed off assassin and have to switch it up...

       

      alot of assassin users lately...................but still nooblar's on small maps..

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

      oh yes heres 1 ignorant fool fool who assumes I run into the middle of the map and expect people to bow down to me as I kill them. To be honest, I hate instigators like you who think everyone is the same when they talk about something similar to others and use the same blasted copy/paste argument as everyone else. If I didn't use my eyes my KD wouldn't be 1.40 ahlie? You don't buy my internet every month I will post whatever I feel like you ingrateful moron. I'll play barebones when I feel like it cause I bought my $67.79 with my own money and not your mothers. Clearly you didn't read my topic as I am talking about marksman and not the UAV you blind bat.

       

      Noob perk? assassin is more of a noob perk but i don't wanna get into that.

      Lighting up like X-mas trees? you act like you can shoot someone from across the map back to a wall to the other side with a type 95, ACR, G36C etc but you can't cause there are obstacles.

       

      Marksman doesn't gurantee you kills, you have to shoot your gun as well if you didn't know that szeen? Yes I am from Toronto.

       

      Oh boo hoo I missed 1 s on assassin, cry me you river this is the internet not English Major you grammar police.

       

      whats your psn and gamertag please?

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        rankismet

        AntiAssasinPro wrote:

         

        oh yes heres 1 ignorant fool fool who assumes I run into the middle of the map and expect people to bow down to me as I kill them. To be honest, I hate instigators like you who think everyone is the same when they talk about something similar to others and use the same blasted copy/paste argument as everyone else. If I didn't use my eyes my KD wouldn't be 1.40 ahlie? You don't buy my internet every month I will post whatever I feel like you ingrateful moron. I'll play barebones when I feel like it cause I bought my $67.79 with my own money and not your mothers. Clearly you didn't read my topic as I am talking about marksman and not the UAV you blind bat.

         

        Noob perk? assassin is more of a noob perk but i don't wanna get into that.

        Lighting up like X-mas trees? you act like you can shoot someone from across the map back to a wall to the other side with a type 95, ACR, G36C etc but you can't cause there are obstacles.

         

        Marksman doesn't gurantee you kills, you have to shoot your gun as well if you didn't know that szeen? Yes I am from Toronto.

         

        Oh boo hoo I missed 1 s on assassin, cry me you river this is the internet not English Major you grammar police.

         

        whats your psn and gamertag please?

         

        Listen, Ms. Pacman... Assassin is easily countered by...

         

        ... eyes.

        ... experience.

        ... communication.

        ... common sense.

         

        All of which are always on.

        None of which require the game to do anything for you.

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

          Ms. Pacman..... thats funny cause I'm not even talking about red dots........

           

          eyes.... if i didn't have eyes I wouldn't be on a computer or playing said MW3.  if there is a perk that lets you have eyes at the back of your head id be glad to hear about it

           

          experience.. I have been playing since MW2 I have plenty.

           

          communication.... I play in a party sometimes but doesn't mean that every peson on my team is right beside me to tell me if someone is near me or behind me watching me with their ACR crosshairs or red dot.

           

          common sense... If I didn't have any.. my KD would be negative.

          • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
            nuttin2say

            AntiAssasinPro wrote:

              if there is a perk that lets you have eyes at the back of your head id be glad to hear about it

             

            experience.. I have been playing since MW2 I have plenty.

             

             

            I've got a lot experience, as well. At one point I was in the top 4000 of all time kills in the original MW  (and would still be ranked that high or higher were it not for the bogus leaderboard hackers) ... I have a lot of kills in MW2 and Black Ops, as well.

             

            So with that experience, let me tell you of a perk that will give you "eyes in the back of your head."

             

            Get a good headset. I use Turtlebeach X3s. Best $120 I ever spent on gaming. Crank it up about half way ... and use the Dead Silence perk.

             

            You'll be accused of using an aim bot regularly.

             

            And it does not matter that an opponent is also using Dead Silence. As someone else posted, your footsteps are silent ... but your movement is not. I hear people walk through grass, try to hide in bushes as they approach, brush up against fences and everything else all the time.

             

            Oh, and get accustome to a high sensitivity setting on your controller. Mine is at 8 right now, but I run it at 9 and 10 regularly.

             

            Even though opponents have an advantage because I have my back to them, the speed with  which I 180 usually surprises them and delays their reaction (for pulling their trigger) just long enough for me to take them out.

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        nuttin2say

        A - KDR does not identify a "good" player  from a bad one.

         

        B - 1.4 is good that you are positive, but I have a 1.6 and don't have a problem going up against Assassin users. Does that prove anything? Probably not.

         

        There's some great domination players out there with negative KDRs.

         

        In any case, the entire point of those that defend Assassin is real simple ...

         

        Having Assassin set up any different than it is now will result in every opposing player showing up as a red dot full time. At that point, the game would not be fun. Especially in a game where the maps are all relatively small.

         

        Part of the fun of the game is hearing that someone is approaching, ducking behind a crate and waiting for them to pass so you can knife them.

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        Snipingdbag

        Lmao, you mad? I'm not the one who looks like an idiot to himself every time he logs in... btw there is a difference between a spelling and grammar mistake.

         

        Why does everybody want to know my psn? I'll make an account where I average a 3 k/d killwhoring and dashboarding to please you people, if this continues.

         

        My current psn is; AssasinisspelledAssasinApparentlyYouMadBro?

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    Thesandman

    Cant beat them? join them. Because you think somethings wrong,you want the whole make up of the game changed?

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    WiseguyFTL

    Yeah I agree. I don't think there's anything wrong with assassin users as long as they don't camp, in fact it's a great Rushing / flanking perk. But it needs a counter which it doesn't have. It should counter killstreaks like UAV, CUAV and EMP because those are spammed by support noobs in this game (not saying everyone running support is a noob, but it is annoying) and it simply needs a counter. But it shouldn't counter other perks like Marksman. And I agree it shouldn't counter both noob sensors and PR's. It should only counter the sensor attachment, and not the portable radar. That would be an effective counter and the portable radar wouldn't be as underused as it is now.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      nuttin2say

      The Portable Radar is a camping tool. Just like the Trophy System.

       

      To argue that it is not a camping tool is the same as arguing that the Sentry Gun or SAM Turret are portable - because you can move those, too.

       

      So don't argue that camping tools should counter a "camping" perk.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    rainmaker6

    AntiAssasinPro wrote:

     

    " I like using assasin cause I suck when im on a radar and can't stay in my spot for long" Stop talking about how skilled you are. You rely on invisible perks to help yourself do good in a game smh.

     

     

    Is "extreme" camping a problem, yes but some of you expect everyone to constantly run around the map because you do. These maps are small with tons of debris limiting the lines of sight. Very few areas have 1 approach. Players can only take one claymore or betty. You have absurdly effective akimbo weapons. How many advatages do you need to be effective?

     

    Are there extreme campers, yes. The occasional corner camper but more often a group that defends a small area of the map is annoying. The latter is the bigger problem and the rest does not warrant the amount of complaining.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      nuttin2say

      I agree and disagree with you, rainmaker.

       

      "Extreme" campers are annoying, true. I had one the other day that really gave me a hard time. Everything in my arsenal was coming up useless.

       

      But I learned from the experience and that's why I disagree with you.

       

      There is nothing that can be done to this game to prevent people from "camping."

       

      Unless you make it so that the characters literally never stop moving.

       

      Is that what people want?

       

      The reality is that most of the time the people camping are people brand new to the game. Who can blame them for camping? They need to get a fee for how the game flows, learn to recognize uniforms, how different guns perform, and the list goes on.

       

      I get killed by them regularly because I start thinking, "Oh, these noobs are going to get wasted!" And I forget they are just new enough and smart enough to hide in a corner taking the rare kill instead of running out like they know what they are doing only to get slaughtered.

       

      Camping is not the issue. Neither is Assassin.

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        rainmaker6

        Not all of them are new to the game. I played 2 players last night, one IIRC at 10th prestige. K/D ratios both about 2.75. They clearly were playing together as they never were put on separate teams. They would hide at the openings to choke points and wait, covering each other and rarley moving, unless to regroup if one or both were killed. I also played a clan on resistance. They never (with the exception of 1 player one time) moved beyond the middle building. As i said the occasional corner camper is a problem which does not warrant the amount of complaining we see here.

         

        Theoretically in TDM , since there are no objectives, each side should initiate the engaments 50% of the time. There is no objective you need to defend. With all the headless rushers, that's really theoretical only. But if you expect the other team to initiate the engaments all the time, you are an extreme camper, and if you do it as a team that's lame.

         

        Do people call others campers too often, yes. But that doesn't mean there aren't real campers or teams of campers. After I kill a camper my favorate thing to do is to place a claymore in his camping spot. If it actually kills him before I die he has got to know he is just camping.

         

        Do I run around the map with akimbo weapons, no. Nor do I use extreme conditioning as my default perk and run around the map non-stop. I play how the game dictates to be the most effective. And when the connection lets me, more aggressively. And of the way too many games I have played, I too have been called a camper on the very rare occasion. So when I say there are camping teams that are a problem it's coming from someone that doesn't run around like a headless chicken. Campers will camp and I do think teams that do it are lame. That doesn't mean I want assasin changed because of it.

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
          nuttin2say

          I hear what you're saying rainmaker.

           

          For the most part, I agree with what you're saying.

           

          I'm just saying that I learn from the extreme campers. There's ALWAYS a way to beat them. The team of randoms you're on may not work with you to make it happen, but that doesn't mean there's not a way to beat them.

           

          I don't like running a Support Class because I don't want to switch to an Assault Class to overcome something half way to activating my juggernaut. But if I have to, I will. I just don't like doing it and I especially don't like doing it when winning team (mine or the other one) has a score of 5000. Odds are, I'm not going to activate the tool actually needed to overcome the extreme camper team.

           

          But I did it earlier today. I went up against a team that kept holding down one part of the map, match after match. So the 4th or 5th match, I started out with my Anti-Air class.

           

          That class runs PKCheng (or whatever it is) with a silencer, kick, Blind Eye, Assassin, Steady Aim, Stinger, Trophy, and Betty. For Support kill streaks I run SAM, Stealth Bomber, and Juggernaut.

           

          We were losing when the Juggernaut activated. But I had waited to call the Bomber until the Juggernaut activated. Boom - bomber got i think three kills. Now, I have to admit they took me down pretty fast in spite of the juggernaut armor ... but I still got five or six kills before that happened. In the mean time, while their whole team was worried about me, the rest of my team was able to get in some kills, as well.

           

          We won - even though the other team was hard camping.

          • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
            rainmaker6

            You know I have noticed a lot more spawn camping teams of late. Although many may disagree, I think they need to keep some of the old spawn mechanisms in the game because it seems with the recent modifications, teams feel much too comfortable guarding a fixed perimeter. The game should limit the time a team can spawn on one side of the map regardless of where their team is. If the next time you kill somone they may spawn behind you that makes you less likely to stay in one location indefinetly.  

            • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
              nuttin2say

              rainmaker6 wrote:

               

              You know I have noticed a lot more spawn camping teams of late. Although many may disagree, I think they need to keep some of the old spawn mechanisms in the game because it seems with the recent modifications, teams feel much too comfortable guarding a fixed perimeter. The game should limit the time a team can spawn on one side of the map regardless of where their team is. If the next time you kill somone they may spawn behind you that makes you less likely to stay in one location indefinetly.  

               

              Sigh.

               

              Sigh again.

               

              The spawn system in MW3 works almost exactly the way it did in all previous COD games. It is dynamic, not static.

               

              That means that the spawns not only change, but they do not change from Point A to Point B. Rather, the latest spawn can be anywhere on the map ... depending on a couple of things.

               

              For starters, if the fighting becomes so intense that you can not get a clear view, due to other gunfire, smoke, flashes, and player movement, the spawn system will "clear the air" so that everyone can regain their bearings.

               

              It does this by first trying to respawn you near the player on your team that has the least amount of damage in relation to how long he has been alive. That's why sometimes you have a guy on your team that's 15-0 but no one on your team is spawning near him: he's been taking a lot of damage but pulling through somehow.

               

              If doing this does not slow down the pace of deaths on your team, the system will spawn you to an area of the map where there is no one around. Usually this means the spawns have "flipped."

               

              Regardless of what level of action the system is taking, with each new death the system starts calculating fresh. Thus, if there is an intense battle and there are suddenly 8 deaths involving all six members of your team, the middle of those 8 deaths may spawn "on the other side of the map" and the next couple of spawns are right in the same area where the intense battle was taking place. Why? Because the middle respawns have made their way back to the intense battle area.

               

              Trust me: the spawn system may have a different formula, but the end result of where you will respawn is the same throughout COD since COD4. It is exactly the same in every game since then.

               

              Now, I know there was the situation where people were literally spawning in front of each other. That has been patched and fixed. Nonetheless, the primary reason it was happening is because the maps, overall, are pretty small in MW3. Arkaden is the only map where I saw this happening on a noticeable scale.

               

              I did see it happen on two other maps, one time each. On Intersection I saw it happen and on Fallen.

               

              In BOTH situations players for both teams were spread all over the maps and the distribution was fairly even throughout.

               

              IMO, someone left out part of the code that was supposed to recognize that an opposing player was in the area. Minor bug, easy fix.

               

              I have not once seen odd-ball spawning since the patch for it.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    tedge

    AntiAssasinPro wrote:

     

    " Use your eyes and ears you have them for a reason" I beleive marksman was made for a reason and you can't use your ears when people using dead silence.

     

    People still make a sound when passing through grass, around bushes, etc. For instance, when people walk under the bridge by B on Village, you can hear what sounds like birds flying off. There are places where this doesn't happen, but that's always in the wide open areas.

     

    "Stop playing pac-man and chasing red dots" if you see a red dot right beside you your saying you won't go there yourself to kill the man? Radar is there for a reason

     

    Yes, as a crutch for core players. Hardcore players manage just fine without glowing red people all of the place.

     

    " I like using assasin cause I suck when im on a radar and can't stay in my spot for long" Stop talking about how skilled you are. You rely on invisible perks to help yourself do good in a game smh.

     

    So you relying on people glowing red is different than them relying on not being seen? Got it.

     

    Now im just expressing myself about marksman as it kind of shows the general area of where people are and does help out sniping. Now if people jsut sue this crap, they pop up behind you but since  we don't have eyes at the back of our heads, we can't protect ourselfs from that.

     

    A lot of times you can protect yourself from that. Play with friends who are competent enough to watch each other's back. Stick to the outside of the map. Listen to the sounds I mentioned earlier.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    bubbacake

    You know, I've noticed that recent trend when it comes to Assassin controversy that Assassin users say you just should stop relying on you radar. That is not going to solve the problem. You know why?

     

    In Call of Duty,a game where you're dead in a tenth of a second, information is everything.

     

    The minimap is the most important part of your screen. If you want to win, you're going to have to accept that. Is it possible for me to win without looking at my radar? Sure, just like it's possible for me to win with my whole team using the Riot Shield. Even most Touch Football gametypes are dominated by radar advantage, and players not using the information available to you (whether that means not looking at the radar or not using HBS/portables) is playing suboptimally. A team all using Assassin and HBS is going to have a profound advantage over anybody not using Assassin.

     

    How about this for balancing out Assassin? If you equip Assassin..

    (drum roll)

    your radar is taken away?

     

    I assume any of these "Stop using your radar" guys would be fine with it since that's their argument for Assassin. So they should have no problem not having any radar for them available.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

      someone give this man a medal most sensible comment of the day

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        bubbacake

        Telling a Call of Duty player to not use their radar is like telling Spider-Man to not use his Spider Sense.

         

        There are other games where not looking at your radar might be better, but Call of Duty is vastly different from other FPS. The spawns are crazy, enemies kill you VERY quickly, it's all about being a lone gunmen. That's why information is so vitally important in Call of Duty.

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
          tedge

          Different strokes, I suppose. To me giving someone the constant radar is like giving someone a wheelchair that has no problems walking. I mean sure, you can actually walk, but  that requires work.

           

          You could rely on radar, or you can learn to pay attention to what's going on. My eyes are crap. I'm 32 years old and I have glaucoma. My vision is something like 20/200 (can only see the big "E" without my glasses), yet I have no problem seeing someone on my screen. What's your excuse?

          • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
            bubbacake

            I never said rely, I said use. There's a difference. If I'm using my radar, then that means that I try and get a general feel for where the enemy team is if I see an unsilenced weapon. If a UAV goes up, then I stop for a second, see the dots, and then figure out a route from there.

             

            If I'm just relying on my UAV, then that means that I have my eyes glued to the radar 24/7 and never bother to look at the front of my screen. That itself is very silly and not something I do.

             

            Do you assume that because I use the radar, I whore the radar?

            • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
              nuttin2say

              bubbacake wrote:

               

              I never said rely, I said use. There's a difference. If I'm using my radar, then that means that I try and get a general feel for where the enemy team is if I see an unsilenced weapon. If a UAV goes up, then I stop for a second, see the dots, and then figure out a route from there.

               

              If I'm just relying on my UAV, then that means that I have my eyes glued to the radar 24/7 and never bother to look at the front of my screen. That itself is very silly and not something I do.

               

              Do you assume that because I use the radar, I whore the radar?

               

              Yeah, bubbacake, that's what you are implying.

               

              How do we know that you didn't get killed by an Assassin user when you were not looking at the radar?

               

              Seriously, people. If ONE perk is causing you that much havoc, you've got bigger issues than that one perk.

            • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
              tedge

              bubbacake wrote:

               

              I never said rely, I said use. There's a difference.

              I see

               

               

              bubbacake wrote:

               

              You know, I've noticed that recent trend when it comes to Assassin controversy that Assassin users say you just should stop relying on you radar. That is not going to solve the problem. You know why?

               

              In Call of Duty,a game where you're dead in a tenth of a second, information is everything.

               

              The minimap is the most important part of your screen. If you want to win, you're going to have to accept that.

               

               

              bubbacake wrote:

               

              Telling a Call of Duty player to not use their radar is like telling Spider-Man to not use his Spider Sense.

      • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
        bubbacake

        My main problem with Assassin, though, is that all detection methods are rendered worthless by a single perk.

         

        If I toss up a UAV, AUAV, heartbeat sensor and throw down a portable radar, you're probably a heavy camper, but more importantly, a single perk counters every single one of those. This is unlike Black Ops, where multiple perks were required to go completely undetected.

         

        I liked it in Black Ops how two perks that provided detection resistance were in the same tier. (Ninja and Hacker). You want silent footsteps? Fine, but be ready to be seen on my motion sensor. Stay hidden from motion sensor? Prepare to be heard. However, in MW3 there is no such dilemna. No matter what stealth perk they pick, they will not show up on your equipment and they do so at nearly no loss (in that they needed to select additional perks to gain such, as in MW2 or Black Ops. In MW2, you needed Cold-Blooded and Ninja. In Black Ops, you needed Ghost and Hacker. In MW3, you only need Assassin.

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
          nuttin2say

          bubbacake wrote:

           

          My main problem with Assassin, though, is that all detection methods are rendered worthless by a single perk.

           

           

          Use Recon Drone and/or Recon Pro. Works like a charm.

           

          Also, just a wild thought here.

           

          You do realize that if an area of the map is empty of people on your team, that is the most likely area where the enemy will be spawning, right?

        • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

          dont bother with some of the people bubbacake not all just some lol

           

          They just dont want their precoius invsible perk tweaked so they can't run around the map care free, walkin up behind people undetected by anything that can detect them.

           

          I don't see anything wrong with people seeing your name? oh well whatever helps you sit in corner or especially when they head hide or head glitch w/e

           

          nuttin2say has taught em a few things though

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      rainmaker6

      bubbacake wrote:

       

      How about this for balancing out Assassin? If you equip Assassin..

      (drum roll)

      your radar is taken away?

       

      I assume any of these "Stop using your radar" guys would be fine with it since that's their argument for Assassin. So they should have no problem not having any radar for them available.

      Provided you lose something equivelant for the perk you choose. So with quick draw no attachements, blast sheild no exposives or exposive projectiles, etc etc. Unless it's because you want to disavantage the perks you don't like.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      nuttin2say

      Buuubbacake ...

       

      Such a game mode already exists. In fact, there's an entire lobby for it ... Hardcore.

       

      No one wants to actually try out suggestions to overcome Assassin as it is now in the game. That's problem number one.  As E.King posted - adapt or die!

       

      There are LOTS of ways to overcome Assassin. The best way of all is to get accustomed to ... try this drum roll ... not rely upon your radar.

       

      When people say, "Don't rely on your radar" that doesn't mean never look at it. I means exactly what it says - look at it to get a feel for what's going on ... but do not rely upon it.

       

      To get accustomed to not relying upon it, play an entire prestige in Hardcore.

       

      That is the best thing you can do to learn how to cope with Assassin users, I promise.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

    Adapt or die!

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

    marksman and assassain should cancel eachother out, not have one negate the other one

    so it would be like neither of the people have the perk.

     

    like how stopping power vs juggernaut or danger close vs blast shield cancelled eachother.

     

    not sure if dead silence and sitrep pro cancel each other out in mw3 but in mw2, it was unfair because ninja negated out sitrep pro

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

    So when someone calls in a UAV, if you're using Marksman, people with Assassin show up, but if someone's not using Marksman, the person doesn't show up on the radar? A little complicated.

     

    Why not just make the UAV a 5 or 6 killstreak and completely get rid of perks that hide you from the UAV?

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      nuttin2say

      derp_derp_derp wrote:

       

      So when someone calls in a UAV, if you're using Marksman, people with Assassin show up, but if someone's not using Marksman, the person doesn't show up on the radar? A little complicated.

       

      Why not just make the UAV a 5 or 6 killstreak and completely get rid of perks that hide you from the UAV?

       

      Better yet, why not get rid of the radar?

       

      Then you won't have to worry that an Assassin user is lurking in dark recesses somewhere and Assassin users won't have to worry about hiding from UAVs.

       

      In fact, we could then get rid of all the UAV related kill streaks and lower the amount of kills needed to attain them!

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    Thesandman

    Moan,moan,moan.....................................Yawn. If it annoys you,get even and use it yourself instead of crying. i use assassin and have been "outed" more than once by a recon drone. What gives people the right to think a whole game should be changed just because they dont like a perk??

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
    fantasmo

    Only thing that should be removed from Assassin is the CUAV immunity - absolutely no reason for this. Also just buff the UAV to a 5 KS so it actually has a competitor (Predators, IMS) and in support make it a 6. Do this and you will see a decrease in the use of Assassin which should show more people at longer ranges using the Marksman perk.

  • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin

    I play HC only, so I do not have to worry about some of this.

     

    Most people I see running marksman use it in conjunction with their ACOG or regular scopes. All they do is scan an area and wait for a red name to pop up. You cannot always see the palyer but, with marksman you get a red name when you x-hairs are over them. Center x-hairs on name and go down a little for a headshot. (This seems cheap to me. Can't See him but you ripped his head off.)

     

    I do agree take CUAV and EMP immunity off the Assassin perk. I use it so that might mean something, but I use it to get an edge up on flanking, so the damn UAV doesn't out me. I do not hide or camp I patrol Sections for 2-3 kills then move on, (but i am sure people will still call that camping, and I will get flamed in this thread for it.)

     

    And I ran a similar set up in MW2, With a silenced ACR but nobody complained there. Why are people complaining here about it. Blind EYE, Assassin, Dead Silence, is just as effective as the Stealth class in MW2, but I do not remember complaints about it.

     

    I think the main problem is LAG COMP and overall server lag issues, but We have had 3-4 Months of this on all CODs since MW released so, there should not be any news for anyone there. It will all get forgotten about once they get the next big patch released with the DLC.

    It always does.

    • Re: Make Marksman Pass by Assasin
      lykbutta

      Whats funny is that when Black Ops was out, people were talking hella noise saying when MW3 comes out and people have to split cold blooded between 2 perks that was going to end camping etc etc etc.  Now that I choose those 2 perks to stay off the radar people STILL complain.  I guess people are right, until they come out with flat maps with no cover people are going to complain.  No wait, then it will be, THERE IS NO COVER , THEY SHOOT ME RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING!!!

       

      Dam fools...