1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 97 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 1:44 AM by pet1555 Go to original post RSS
  • 90. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

dazzinthemix wrote:

1- you cannot get banned for glitching because you are not tampering with the software in any way!

2-this guy has been banned by microsoft not infinityward

3-he obviously has been hacking or tampering, plus it looks like a dummy account

which he has messed up on purpose

4-he is just scare mungering, because the video does not prove he was banned for the token glitch

5-if they don't want you to do it then they will patch it!

6-it is part of the game if there involves not tamping with the system or the svg etc...

You apparently never read the Microsoft Terms of Use and the COC AND the Activision online policy. You apparently never read the Notes with his video below the clip.

You apparently didnt read the other 50 threads here that people got banned AND Activision has stated you will get banned for doing this.

you apparently are blinding yourself to all the evidence around you, including such simple things as people getting banned by Microsoft just for CHEATING in a game.

You would be surprised for what simple things people get banned for in this game.

PS Activision only gives temp bans for doing this type of violation. If Microsoft were to review it he WOULD get permabanned.

• 91. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

but if he is consistantly glitching and cheating he could of got permantly banned for the token glitche as it could of been on his last warning

• 92. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

I didn't do any other glitch or cheat whilst playing MW3 other than the Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch. The only glitch I performed would have to be the Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch. However, I have been suspended from Xbox Live about a year ago for having an inappropriate motto.

• 93. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

pet1555 wrote:

I didn't do any other glitch or cheat whilst playing MW3 or in any other games. The only glitch I performed would have to be the Unlimited Prestige Token Glitch. However, I have been suspended from Xbox Live about a year ago for having an inappropriate motto.

You just contradicted yourself.

You said you didnt do any glitch but meanwhile you said you did the token glitch.

• 94. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    starbuckfrack

AEon_Xao wrote:

Just to clear up a point here.

Users are not banned because they broke an agreement.  Any listing in the terms and conditions that you didn't read are merely simple warnings of things that WILL earn you a ban.

It has nothing to do with what users agree to.  Xbox and even IW have the simple right to deny service for any reason they see fit, just like any other service oriented business within the US.

Sure, there are exceptions, such as race creed and sex, of course, discrimination is not allowed.  It's action based, if you do anything that they don't like(hack, cheat, copyright infringement, harrass or abuse others, or whatever else sane people know better than to do), they have the right to give you the boot, either temporarily or permanently.

That's it.  The terms and conditions are simply a warning of what not to do.  Same as a warning label.  It's there for stupid people, and just about every warning they put there is because some jackhole decided it sounded like a good idea to do just that.

So yeah, you people that get banned, are really no different than people who choke to death on Preperation H because you decided to brush your teeth with it, or let their 2 year old drown in a 5 gallon bucket because it was "harmless" to let them play there, or decide to take a hairdryer into the bathtub to blow bubbles.  You all just Darwined yourselves from the ability to use whatever service you've been banned from.

I never read this til now and it was funny

Hence the reason they should not put warning labels on the toaster saying "dont use in the bathtub". We need to "darwin" the people out of existence. Problem is that all the people in the world would get a demotion at work because someone has to make the fries.

But its not your fault if your bother handed you a toothbrush with Preperation H on it.

PS when that happens your lips get shrunk around the toothbrush and you have to breathe through your nose until the Preperation H wears off. My poor brother had to go to school for three days with a tootbrush stuck in his mouth and had to eat and drink thru his nose

Also any person should know you can blow bubbles in the tub with your body. Its a poor mans bubble bath

• 95. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>
    that6uy420

you must be new to xbox then....  if the glitch is abused enough/ is serious enough then yes, IW/SH can take the appropriate action and THEN MS will get their turn.  You see, cheating is cheating.. it doesn't matter the seriousness.  If you happen to be cheating and it DOES affect other players then you might as well figure on getting yourself a console ban...  Did you even play Black Ops in the last year?

• 96. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Modern warfare 3 online Code of Conduct (How to get banned)

When playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 online, either in multiplayer or Spec Ops mode, we encourage you to play fair, have fun, and be respectful of other online players. To assist us in keeping the online components of Modern Warfare 3 fair, fun, and safe for all players; we regularly monitor stats, review player reports, and take action on player behavior that violates the spirit of the game. Below are examples of what type of behavior could lead to your account being banned from playing, stats reset, wiped or prevented from appearing on the leaderboards, or restricted in other ways from participating in the online components of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Boosting:

Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of organizing cooperative or single game play for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.
           1. First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset.
          2. Second Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset, and a permanent ban from leaderboards.
          3. Third Offense: With proper verification, user is perm banned.

Cheating:

Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of unknown boosting, glitching, hacking or other related offenses for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.
            1. First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset.
           2. Second Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset, and a permanent ban from leaderboards.
    Glitching:

Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of organizing cooperative or single game play for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks. Examples: Exploiting map holes, the javelin glitch, and participating in modded lobbies

Hacking:

Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of modifying the executable or creating infected lobbies with or without the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

1. First Offense: With proper verification, user is console banned.
    Offensive Behavior:

Any player demonstrating in-game verbal abuse, harassing, or other related behavior deemed as universally unacceptable to other players

1. First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 24 hours
    Offensive Gamertag:

Any player demonstrating an offensive in-game gamer tag, to be decided as universally unacceptable to other players.
           1. First Offense: With proper verification, user is reputation banned 5000. A reputation ban that exceeds a certain threshold can lead to bans from playing.

• 97. Re: Banned from Xbox Live Due to Prestige Token Glitch <Video>

Thanks for the information regarding MW3 banning. However, I was banned from Xbox Live, not MW3. I have never been banned/suspended from MW3 because I never boosted or hacked. The only thing I did was the Prestige Token Glitch (Which I think has been patched). So I was banned from XBL for performing that glitch which is against the XBL CoC etc... However, I wasnt console banned, so thankfully I was able to start a new account and enjoy MW3 without performing any glitches . The only thing im slightly annoyed about is that I did spend $60 AUD for Elite Premium on my other account.

Thanks for all the comments regarding this issue. Happy Australia Day to all Aussies !!

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next