9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 2:20 PM by r8edtripx RSS

Deranked do to corruption?

r8edtripx

First of all, I've done absolutely NOTHING that would merit deranking. So somehow the system deranked me because of some kind of corruption.

What I don't understand is that COD Elite has a PERFECT record of the games I played, which includes XP earned, on what map and what level I was at. How is this possible?

Here's a link to a response from Activision Customer Support someone posted on a thread a while back:

http://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_ faqid=77716

The link shows a pretty generic response.

Here's a novel idea: If the automatic system sensed corruption and rolled back your level, a message should be sent to the email account linked to your console. Is that so crazy? It doesn't sound like it would be too difficult to set up.

While they're at it, an email should be sent if your account is rolled back for ANY reason. Kind of in the same vein as the United States constitution's 6th amendment:

"In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."

• Re: Deranked do to corruption?

Couldnt agree more ,also the generic responces on all their tech help sections are annoying to say the least.

Your not the only 1 suffering this .

it happen to me at least 6 times 3 times randomly 3 times back 2 back

yellowman7884

I deranked and lost 24 hours of stats. Only noticed because i was trying to get gold MP5 and realised i;d lost previous days weapon rank and challenges. Activsion tried to claim that this was because of a connection error and i should have went back to main menu before continuing playing. This DID NOT happen and was not the cause. I was told it could not be reset and got no further reponse

gavinpoo

I've had this happen to me before too but thankfully it only dropped me back 4 levels (although I was in the 70s so was pretty annoying). I'm surprised to hear anybody say that Elite has a 'PERFECT' record of the games played - I reckon only about 1 in 4 games I play actually has the number of kills and deaths that I've achieved recorded correctly, nevermind the XP acquired and everybody else's results. Maybe the developers share the same distrust in the Elite service that we as customers generally do and that's why they are reluctant to use tracked game data to reinstate stats that are lost due to corruption.

r8edtripx

gavinpoo wrote:

I've had this happen to me before too but thankfully it only dropped me back 4 levels (although I was in the 70s so was pretty annoying). I'm surprised to hear anybody say that Elite has a 'PERFECT' record of the games played - I reckon only about 1 in 4 games I play actually has the number of kills and deaths that I've achieved recorded correctly, nevermind the XP acquired and everybody else's results. Maybe the developers share the same distrust in the Elite service that we as customers generally do and that's why they are reluctant to use tracked game data to reinstate stats that are lost due to corruption.

Maybe "PERFECT" was too strong a word. I've had instances where the Elite stats are off by 1 kill or 1 death, but for the purpose of keeping track of what my level was, Elite had all the necessary stat history.

I'm sure if there was some kind of stat cross-checking between the game and Elite, you wouldn't have lost your 4 levels. (at least not for long.)