1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 127 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 11:22 AM by Nubdub Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    That5What5Up

Gotta agree with nubdub here...theres no point in arguing numerical semantics; what does it matter if theres hundreds or thousands of ppl screwed by the lag comp?  The point is its much more of a problem than it was in mw2/blops, and you have to admit thats the general consensus around here, and pretty much the point of this thread

• 51. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Arq0s

maccabi you are really starting to annoy me. i work in IT .. i know networking. i am a logical thinker. I solve problems on a daily basis. I may not have the programming / networking experience you do but you are impossible to deal with this on this matter it seems...

Explain to me why MW3 has these issues and other games dont ? you never replied to my post when i explained to you what type of lag i am experiencing.

fact this you put in mw2 it wont lag . you put mw3 in it will lag for the most part especially when you party up. I think part of this has to do with the host disadvantage.

• 52. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    Nubdub

I think it's bad matchmaking coupled with over blown lag comp. Both should be easy to repair..

• 53. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    coolwhhhip

I dont think he is trying to say that problems dont exist, just correcting the misnomers about the causes of the problems. I think the main thing that gets people in trouble is relying on the killcams to support their arguments and they really are not meant to be accurate. Everyone knows when the game screws them over, which is certainly a lot with this one, but the killcams are not the proof of this. Also people's blanket statements of just getting rid of lag compensation altogether needs to be corrected.

• 54. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    starbuckfrack

Nubdub wrote:

What was broke? the "sign here if you frequently feel handicapped by lag compensation" post has over 1000 signatures by itself. That does not include the 1000's of other threads that have been started on the subject.

And how many "signatures" are those that are repeated over and over and over.

The OP alone has posted his signature almost twice pper page. One guy posted 6 times in a row.

• 55. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    starbuckfrack

Arq0s wrote:

maccabi you are really starting to annoy me. i work in IT .. i know networking. i am a logical thinker. I solve problems on a daily basis. I may not have the programming / networking experience you do but you are impossible to deal with this on this matter it seems...

Explain to me why MW3 has these issues and other games dont ? you never replied to my post when i explained to you what type of lag i am experiencing.

fact this you put in mw2 it wont lag . you put mw3 in it will lag for the most part especially when you party up. I think part of this has to do with the host disadvantage.

Contradiction there ?

So you are telling me that Homefront runs perfect ? How about the complaints all over the Gears3 forum ? So your telling me that MW3 is the only game with complaints all over about lag ? You are less than two pages from the Black Ops forum and the WaW forums and I bet your going to see threads full of people complaining about lag there too.

If you are a logical thinker then why cant you figure the numbers of human nature and complaints vs non complaints ? The "forum" factor. The other facts about fast paced games verses slower paced games and the perception and issues of lag .

So lets here your technical advice in detail on this issue and how things work instead of the standard "the game is broken" issue. I mean seriously if you are an IT person lets hear details instead of just outright contadictions.

At what point did all the other games succeed where you think this one failed ?

Lets see something like 5 to 10 paragraphs in detail like Mac has taken the time to do.

I would like to see some pure facts with links and quotes and some backup references.

• 56. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement

After 20 calls of dealing with it they probably caved in. It cost more than 50 bucks of their time to listen to you

Tuesday will reveal if they locked it or not. But the relocking Elite Premium or Marketplace content part was what I said was impossible.

All the rest of the post was about stories of some person whose name I hinted on telling outright lies throughout different posts.

On YOUR story I could believe it can happen since knowing you post history.

BTW if that is your GT as well you still got the green skull

nah 1 call did it... the tip is to be professional and polite... i said that i bought the service from the marketplace.. and it was now 2 months and nothing i bought it for was available..

he came back on the line and said that his supervisor OK'd it because i have been a gold member for 4 years and they want to make sure im happy (good CS btw...)

i heard about that other guy tho... UK laws are different but i know there isnt much chance to return a opened game... but Elite was a seperate marketplace item.. Xbox has some responsibility for what they sell there..

but no...and i dont know why you would think this.. My elite has been reverted to standard.... i believe things like emblems and my founder status will stay because they likely dont have a real mechanism for dealing with returns.... im 100% certain DLC will not be available to me... Elite wants me to upgrade when i log in... they have full control over membership... does elite work if the site is down? no... its a server based service, nothing offline... i dont know where you get this "they cant lock memberships or content"

• 57. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    maccabi

Arq0s wrote:

theres no point you have a fixed skewed perception of things, the fact you constantly say no other games "lags" for you is proof of that, and you arent describing lag you are describing the effects everyone expereinces with a lag comp system that uses rewind.

instead of getting annoyed at me why not actually read some of the numerous explaniations ive posted over the months. never know you might learn something.

you arent skipping all over the place, nor are you claiming players are skipping, or bungee jumping around the screen, nor are you saying your game freezes for a split second then starts again.. that would be "lag"

sorry but anyone who claims they have never expereinced problems on any other online game is frankly talking out of an area best served as a sitting implement

• 58. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement
    starbuckfrack

TurdFerguson00

But elite premium as other things are just Marketplace content. So they would have to manually go into your account if possible to "re lock" your DLC portion so you have no access to it.

When you bought Elite Premium you unlocked the DLC maps. Not talking about the extra video slots, blah blah, blah.

Kind of like you said they dont have a mechanism or procedure for dealing with Xbox Live Marketplace Reurns. The only way they could possibly do it it to go in and modify your account manually to before you purchased Elite Premium.

So basically tommorrow will tell if they actually removed the "purchase history" from your account.

Such as if you bought the sonic Game for 400 points. But of course that is different because you dont get peices of it at different times. But with Sonic they also would be forced to take away any acheivements you got in that game as well.

Elite Premium is not JUST an online web page full of data, it is also a "tangible" product as well which includes the maps that start coming out tommorrow, which ar both offline and online products. It also includes a free token and XP points that you most likely used around Xmas time.

for example they cannot possibly take back any of what you did with the token or the XP  unless they actually reset your stats back to what they were on Dec 23rd. Because everything you earned due to the free token and the XP points AFTER Xmas would be based off of when you earned with those.

sorry if this is out of order with the statements. I gotta leave soon anyway to go to a clients house.

PS not argueing with you, just in a rush.

• 59. Re: 2.5 months and still no lag improvement

The amount of people who are affected by the broken lag compensation is obviously much greater than the amount of people who complain about it here. Even if you only count the ones who are negatively affected by it as I'm sure only a fraction of us are here complaining about it.

You also have to take into account the people who get an advantage because of it. They're also affected by it. If I appear to get 1-shot by an SMG, I was basically a free kill for the opponent. Surely he doesn't come complaining about how he's getting kills way too easily, probably doesn't even realize it. Even if he does realize that something's not right, he likely isn't going to complain. He might even go as far as coming into these threads and claiming that there's no problem with the lag compensation and that the problem is on our end / in our heads.

This is a major issue with the game as it's makes it completely unfair. If I'm the host and I get 1-shot by a weapon that should've killed me in 4 hits, the only explanation is that the netcode is very much broken. The devs needs to take this matter seriously and you kids need to stop trying to diminish the importance of this issue.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next