17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 7:02 PM by BB-604 RSS

People are Hacking MW3

realjoker

Okay I am on the ps3 from the United Kingdom and Today i have not been able to play a single game of MW3 especially on Demolition where someone is not hacking, lag switch, or using a modified controller with rapid.

Infinity ward, MW3 is almost becoming like MW2. What do you plan on doing to this people that are using modified controllers especially.

BEACHHEAD are the only people actually doing a very good job of banning people that are cheating or boosting. Infinity ward you are not doing anything. My stats keep going down due to this MADNESS.

• Re: People are Hacking MW3
    james.chastain3

Really??? No Way!!! Sorry, but this is old news. Didn't mean any disrespect. :-)

realjoker

I know but i am more concerned about people using modified ps3 controlllers with rapid. That is one of my major concerns.

james.chastain3

Yea I know, I get pissed too, but what are you going to do when more and more stores and websites are selling them.

I would have thought that Microsoft would have done something, but i can walk into any GameStop and buy a modded controller that ranges anywhere from the same cost as a original Xbox controller upwards to $120.00 US.

I have seen the samething for PS3 also, so that goes on Sony's head.

realjoker

I know even legitimate stores are selling it and they are even half the price of a sony ps3 controller in the UK That is why so many people are buying and using it online but they are not allowed to use it online but only offline.

james.chastain3

Eventually I guess it is going to break down to street racing.

If you have the money to throw into your engine you will win, so if you have the money to buy the controller you will win.

I hate it but that looks like that is were it is heading.

realjoker

Yh i agree. Infinity Ward said that they can detect it and ban people who use it and the retail store are saying that it cannot be detected. It seems to me that since a lot of people re still using it online then Infinity ward cannot detect it. So all legit gamers who do not cheat are pretty much screwed.

Bleak5170

I have one of those modded controllers you can get at Gamestop, Best Buy etc... and it kind of sucks. It's very easy to program which is nice, but the sticks are no good. They just feel kind of unresponsive and they're made of soft rubber so you can't attach FPS Freeks. Plus the directional pad is terrible and hardly works most of the time. I have actually tried more than one and they were all the same.

And besides, out of the few weapons which actually work with a RF controller, most of them become rather erratic and unstable. An MK14 with a modded controller just = running out of ammo more quickly. It's FAR more effective with a regular controller and pulling the trigger manually.

mdm123456789

They cannot detect it sorry to say. All they can do is put a cap on the ROF and even then, people can still get around it with a programmed IC. Asfar as the lag switching, it's not happening. If people lag try to lag switch, the game boots them.

Bleak5170

james,

You don't need lots of money - the modded controller I bought at GS cost LESS than an official Sony one.

people use god mode to make them self invincible because they are **** at playing cod. always get killed, they cant get a UAV, even if they are using hardline. Infinity ward, you dont care about hackers, all you care about is money. beachead are doing so well at banning people, while you focus on getting money. treyarch did a fantastic job at stopping hackers.

people use god mode to make them self invincible because they are **** at playing cod. always get killed, they cant get a UAV, even if they are using hardline. Infinity ward, you dont care about hackers, all you care about is money. beachead are doing so well at banning people, while you focus on getting money. treyarch did a fantastic job at stopping hackers.

Well on 360 i hardly come acorss them, But i don't report them all i do is show them even with their mods they still lose.
    LOL, I just kill them time and time again causing them to rage quit then i follow them and kill them over and over to show them just beacures you have a hack doens't mean i can't kill you.

BanzaiBanana

I think SCUF controllers are a really shitty playstyle, you get drop shotted and panic knifed all the time

CrazyGoose

in black ops they put on a fire rate limit to stop modded controllers

i dont know why they took it off, otherwise modded controllers maybe give them a bit of an advantage it is still about reaction time. lag switches are just stupid and cheating i hate them and there is no way to get round them or stop them.

Things like aimbots & lag switches are one thing, but getting on someone because they happen to use a controller that has a rapid fire function? I honestly don't think that qualifies as "hacking" or doing something that is outside the boundaries of the game's mechanics. There are fire rate limits in place for a reason, if your controller allows you to maximize that limit then yes it can be a slight advantage in your favor, but you're not doing anything the game doesn't allow for. The maximized fire rate that's being achieved is just an oversight on the programmers part.

I agree with the street racing analogy. If you want to go spend money on a RF controller because you want that advantage then you will, and that's that. I can't see how it would even be fair for IW to be attempting to detect them and ban those users. It would be like saying that your SCAR controller is an unfair advantage because you have quick access to buttons that I don't, and therefore it's unfair and you should be banned from playing MW3. Or if you have a nicer TV & headset than mine, which I'm sure you do, should that get you banned because you have an advantage over me?

Surely not.