17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 3:20 PM by me262 RSS

Identity Crisis

McZOMBI

Am I hallucinating or do enemy players occasionally show the names of friendlies when you hover over them with your crosshairs?

• Re: Identity Crisis

Uhhhhhhh... no idea.

McZOMBI

It's usually when you're face to face in a gun fight.

omg happens to me half the time!! i would see their name as friendly but as soon as i run pass them i get shot in the back by them!!! makes me mad cuz i was like WTF!!!!

1. There is a hack that changes the hacker's name to the same color as the opposing team's friendlies. If you want to see the hack in action without dying, make sure you memorize your teammates' names at the start of the match. If you notice that a "friendly" kills you, when you respawn, try to find the same person but instead of engaging him/her, watch the frenemy to see if he/she engages another friendly. If the same thing happens, the occurance is due to a hack.

2. There is also a fairly rare glitch in which the same thing happens, but a) it is corrected the next time you see the same opponent and b) other friendlies do not see the same opponent as a friendly. This glitch is fixed when you look away from the frenemy (either from actually looking away or by you or the frenemy dying and appearing somewhere else).

In my last Seatown match, I had a really cool thing happen. Well, for me, anyway. I came up behind two guys who were supposedly on my team. Then, I saw someone who was running Assassin (not yet Pro) come up on their right and walked past and then in front of them while in ADS. Since I was further back and running Assassin Pro, he did not see me. Neither of my "teammates" killed him or even took a shot. I aimed at the Assassin, and the enemy colored tag popped up. I quickly shot and killed him. My two "teammates" turned around on me but before they were completely turned around, I fired the rest of my clip into them. They both died and I got a triple kill.

What's funny is that after they died and I saw them again, their tags were back to the normal enemy color. I assume that the incident was the glitch since I didn't have time to turn away and back again to check the color.

Convict7

Has happened to me many times, sometimes I'm pretty sure I constantly play with hackers because I could swear that the guy who is the same team runs to me with red name instead of green and kills me... Very strange.

Try turning on colorblind assist...it seems to happen a lot less frequently. Then again, I am colorblind, so maybe it is happening more than I know and I just can't tell.

Convict7

I've used it but it was very disturbing so I put it back the way it was, I'm actually surprised how many things have negative effect on my aim

McZOMBI

I actually use colour blind assist even though I'm not colour blind. Bright orange just sticks out more than dark red whoever you are, I also like the way the choppers strobe on the mini-map as it attracts your attention more.

This happened to me last night. What I thought was a team mate and actually in my party shot me point blank. Was on a headset and asked him how he killed me heck he was on the other side of the map. I went back to where I was shot again and sure enough there was the enemy with team mates name again. Needs patched we just ended up leaving the game.

I use colorblind assit too and it still happens.