14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 3:30 PM by a.d.p.alien RSS

New maps if your not an elite sub

vineuk

So when will the new maps be available to people who were not fooled into buying the travesty they called elite ? Any one got any idea, a google search didn't show any dates.

• Re: New maps if your not an elite sub

I think march

And travesty? sure you go ahead and spend over 600+ bucks on DLC, while me on the other hand since i payed 50 for a sub, i really only payed 3$ per dlc

every single map counts as 1DLC, so Xbox premium has DLC worth of €6,-

MUPHinATHONG

600+ dollars? No way man... EDIT: There will be 3 map packs for non-premium users. $15 per DLC equals $45. Personally, I wish I would've went that route. Elite really has been nothing but a let down...

And from my understanding, there will be 3 releases for premium members (4 maps) in 3 months, and on the 3rd month (March) the map packs will be available for non-premium members. Then there will be 3 more months of DLC (4 maps) available in June. Then 3 more months of DLC (4 maps) available in September. Then it's all done. Really, the only thing that Elite gets extra are a couple of game modes, and a couple of Spec Ops missions. Neither of which matter to me.

that6uy420

meanwhile those who were fooled are playing those maps you are waiting for

vineuk

YES they were fooled because apart from the maps Elite is just a wast of cash. I can't believe they released this crap when they new it didn't even work.

I don't have to buy the maps and as I've just read you can't play either as FFA, I wont now purchase them. So not only did that save me £50 it saved me your estimated £600.

Where did you got £600 from is beyound my understanding. BO released 4 or 5 maps at a time for about £15, so how you think buyign 2 at a time will cost more is past my understanding. I exspect about £10 a time for 2 maps and over the year I expect it will cost about £100 at max. Yes Elite saved you half that but then why do I care about maps I can't play in the modes I like. If I only buy the maps I can Play FFA in there's a good chance I'll pay about the same as you. Why Do I care if I have maps on my profile I'm never going to us.

obzi

I paid just £65 for my Elite on launch night and as I always buy the DLCs it works out very good value.  The first DLC yesterday went (on the whole) very smooth, quick download and playable instantly which is far better than some in the past so the limited availability and modes was probably done for a reason, other modes such FFA will come soon enough.

I for one bought the Elite Premium for the DLC, as I buy all the DLC's and its a way to save by paying upfront and getting them earlier. Now while the actual Elite has been a very big disapointment and needs to be fixed, I am still getting the DLC's free and ealier than anyone else. Im happy with the money I spent on Elite

The jan and fed drops for premium will be avaliable in march for non premiums.

MUPHinATHONG wrote:

600+ dollars? No way man... EDIT: There will be 3 map packs for non-premium users. $15 per DLC equals $45. Personally, I wish I would've went that route. Elite really has been nothing but a let down...

And from my understanding, there will be 3 releases for premium members (4 maps) in 3 months, and on the 3rd month (March) the map packs will be available for non-premium members. Then there will be 3 more months of DLC (4 maps) available in June. Then 3 more months of DLC (4 maps) available in September. Then it's all done. Really, the only thing that Elite gets extra are a couple of game modes, and a couple of Spec Ops missions. Neither of which matter to me.

Theres's the possiblity of Activision charging $20 for each map pack...

Three map packs with four maps each (and Spec Ops and/or game types sprinkled in) sounds like a good way to justify a price increase.

My theory is also helped by the fact that Activision stated non-premium members will be paying $60 for all the content.  $60 divided by three (total estimated map packs) equals $20.