1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 3:50 AM by indy56 Go to original post RSS
  • 80. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    TL_Bare_B_V2

    Well in that case I stand corrected, but still stand by what I said, and believe it should be locked.

  • 81. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    maccabi wrote:

     

    TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

     

    you won't change my view, and I won't change yours so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

     

    @Mac my guess is elite lock was intentional the license agreement was just MS being lazy

    nope someone in actitowers has def screwed up that much is now certain, like i said no one actually knows if the lock is perm or removed once the dlc (4maps) hits..as dlc isnt supposed to be gt locked only console locked (its part of xbls rules and regs)

    Hi Maccabi, can you point us to a source? I do believe you, but I've been looking for an official comment on this whilst whinging about activision all day and not seen anything official out on the interwebs yet. Cheers.

  • 82. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    callmehi

    If you’re having a problem using features or content associated with a Call of Duty ELITE subscription, it may be due to one of the following issues:

     

    • You are not a subscriber to the Call of Duty ELITE service.
    • You have not created or linked your Call of Duty ELITE subscription to an Activision Call of Duty account.
    • You are trying to use Call of Duty ELITE features or content on an account other than the Call of Duty ELITE subscriber gamertag.

     

     

    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/call-of-duty/call-of-duty-elite-content

  • 83. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    maccabi

    well update from actvi.... we been conned yet again dlc is locked to the gt associated with elite, and they dont know if the lock will be removed when the actual dlc hits in march

  • 84. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    shonk wrote:

     

    I suspect its even worse

    what happens when elite runs out next year

    I bet the dlc will no longer work for you either

    so its a rental not you get all dlc packs

    The maps are yours to keep even if you cancel Elite next year. It even says that on the main page.

  • 85. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    I posted this BEFORE readin Macs post. But dont take it like I am sticking up for them.All of the posts right below were ALSO before Mac posted his response.

     

    It does say all users on one console BUT it neither says split screen nor does it say other players can use it WITHOUT the main player being signed in.

     

    As for the son not playing it maybe cheack out the age restrictions.

     

    I am only up to page 3 in this thread so disregard if proven otherwise.

     

    also DLC usage can change. My wife used to be able to use games that I DLed from the marketplace. But once I did a license transfer she lost everything she could play for free. I believe this was changed during the last Xbox Update with the new dashboard.

     

    also its quite possible that if the other gamers are not Elite Premium members then it is very likley they cant access them at all since they are "locked out" til March.

  • 86. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    dstr001 wrote:

     

    As i said before; you wouldn't expect XBL gold to work on multiple accounts would you? ELITE works on the same subscription principal, no one should have expected exclusive content to work on any account.

    Just for your sake you are right. Some companies slip up, like the ones that made that mercury game. My wife could play it on my console. We counted ourselves lucky. But once I transfered my account to another xbox she lost her "free" game.

     

    Am I mad ? No.

     

    Content is not guaranteed to work with all accounts. Even Microsoft says that sometimes you get lucky when DLC works when it shouldnt.

  • 87. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    Clint_Beestwood wrote:

     

    dstr001 wrote:

     

    As i said before; you wouldn't expect XBL gold to work on multiple accounts would you? ELITE works on the same subscription principal, no one should have expected exclusive content to work on any account>

     

    Are you even aware how the Xbox family pack works? Four accounts on one Xbox. Yes that's one subscription with four accounts on one Xbox.

     

    Whether it be two Xbox Gold accounts on one Xbox or the Family pack on one Xbox. In ALL previous COD releases a single download of the map packs by one of the accounts were playable by all account holders provided it was on the same Xbox. The  keyword here, THE SAME XBOX.

     

    And don't confuse this with Elite premium. We are talking map packs alone here. There is nothing exclusive about map packs.

     

    Xbox family plan is $100 for a year. MW3 cost me $60. Elite at $50 for each of the accounts comes to grand total of $360.

     

    $360 so everyone(including myself) can play this stinking video game. Thats one heck of a deal don't you think? By your reasoning thats okay????

    This issue isnt map packs alone. Because a map pack for Non Premium gamers has not been released yet. So they (assuming) 60 percent of people who didnt get Elite Premium have no right to get those maps at all. THAT is why we paid for Elite Premium.

     

    Just think about the lawsuit right here that would come about fron Premium Members. We would ALL want refunds because people who did NOT pay would get those maps two months earlier.

     

    And just because it worked vbefore doesnt mean it is supposed to work now. Consider yourself lucky on those games that no one noticed some people got them free.

     

    I understand your point on the Family Pack and I know how it works but you may want to consider the fact that it may come down to only premium members get these maps. At least until March.

  • 88. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

    jimbodredd wrote:

     

    maccabi wrote:

     

    TL_Bare_B_V2 wrote:

     

    you won't change my view, and I won't change yours so lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

     

    @Mac my guess is elite lock was intentional the license agreement was just MS being lazy

    nope someone in actitowers has def screwed up that much is now certain, like i said no one actually knows if the lock is perm or removed once the dlc (4maps) hits..as dlc isnt supposed to be gt locked only console locked (its part of xbls rules and regs)

    Hi Maccabi, can you point us to a source? I do believe you, but I've been looking for an official comment on this whilst whinging about activision all day and not seen anything official out on the interwebs yet. Cheers.

    I know for a fact that MKPLC content is based on two factors. Its is the Gamertag that Dled it and the console as well that it is locked to. You can chat with a xbox CS and they will tell you that much.

    If he GT has no sign of being on another console then it definitely wont work for others if he is not signed in. BUT it should work on the GTs main console that bought it.

     

    you can look up stuff on xbox.com on license transfers and I believe the faq tells you more on MPlace items.

  • 89. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

    starbuckfrack wrote:

     

     

    Just think about the lawsuit right here that would come about fron Premium Members. We would ALL want refunds because people who did NOT pay would get those maps two months earlier.

     

    And just because it worked vbefore doesnt mean it is supposed to work now. Consider yourself lucky on those games that no one noticed some people got them free.

     

    I understand your point on the Family Pack and I know how it works but you may want to consider the fact that it may come down to only premium members get these maps. At least until March.

    One of the things that many people dont seem to understand is that there is a good chance that people like myself, maccabi and others in the same situation wont get the usage of the map packs on our alternate accounts at all, even when they are released to everyone officially. There is a good chance we will have to shell out more money, by either buying the regular DLC or Elite premium for the all other accunts, (which I refuse to do). In that sense it is just about the map packs.

     

    And you're right, just because they did it before doesn't mean they don't have to now. But, considering the usage restriction disclaimer that maccabi posted as well as the fact that this was never mentioned by anyone at IW/Activision definitely is messed up. And how can I consider myself lucky when every other COD allowed this. Seems like it was supposed to be that way?

     

    If they would just allow us access to the maps when they become available to everyone I would be happy. I have no problem with them remaining exclusive to Elite premium members at the time being.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next