26 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 12:00 AM by infinitlag RSS

The day COD dies

Lets face it. One day COD Series will die. As a Wii gamer I will have less stress in my life, but the question is, what comes after it?A new revolutionary game or BF will take over. Would you be sad if COD dies?

• Re: The day COD dies

As my experience, I will NOT be sad if COD died. There are other games out there. BUT, I would be sad if GTA died.
    I believe the Battlefield and Halo will take over. Most like Battlefield since it's available in 3 consoles instead of 1.

In my opinion, COD is already on its way out. Up until about 2 years ago, COD was THE first person shooter. It was totally uncontested and in a class of itself. But honestly, COD didn't make a name for itself until Modern Warfare. Call of Duty 1, 2, and 3 were basically the same thing. But Modern Warfare was when the fanfare began. Like I said earlier, COD was in a class of its own until about two years ago. Then the revolutionary Battlefield came out. This game made FPS more realistic while making it more fun. You can do a lot more than just "run and gun" in multiplayer AND campaign. When you think about it, all of the COD campaign mission are the same thing: running and gunning, just through different maps. But with Battlefield, you fly fighters, drive tanks, etc. It changes it up. Many people are discovering Battlefield and leaving COD behind. So, unless the next COD is REVOLUTIONARY, it will not stand a chance against Battlefield. Also, with the new consoles due to be released in the next year or two, the first COD's on these systems will naturally not be the best ever. It will take some time for the developers to get used to the new systems. This will be the same with Battlefield Dev's but people may take the chance to start new and try battlefield on their new systems. Also, COD is plagued with several troubles. The Dev's are now concerned about making money and could care less about the game they make and or support. Plus, there are two different main developers for COD. Treyarch and Infinity Ward switch off every other year. So, with this, you get inconsistency. And lastly, now that they have killed the Modern Warfare series, they're running out of wars and storylines. They've done WWII about thirteen times, the Cold War, and Modern Warfare. They're running out of choices.

In conclusion, I would say we are going to witness the death of COD in the next few years, mostly due to the rise of Battlefield. It would take a complete change in attitude of the developers and a huge revolution in the type of game COD is for it to survive.

I'm sure this will be deleted as I am acknowledging the truth and showing the developers what players really think about their dying game. But at that point, I don't care.

porkins:d

Well in theory the "CoD Killer" is going to be a better game then CoD. I'd love to see an FPS better than CoD. Therefore I would play the CoD Killer and probably even enjoy it. The CoD Killer isn't here yet IMO. The only way the Battlefield series can beat CoD would be on the next generation consoles having... is it 32 vs 32? The game is way to slow as is. (on consoles) Also if BF is going to be the CoD Killer it needs to appeal to CoD gamers who hate campers. So it needs to get the attention of the less hardcore CoD fans... or just noobs if you prefer.

infinitlag

I can't wait until COD dies.

McZOMBI

I'd keep an eye on Respawn Entertainment, the company that all the creatives from IW ended up starting. They could have the next big thing up their sleeves. It'll take a new console to start the next big game so I'm thinking 2013/14 before COD dies.

I hope not...cause all you cod noobs will flood BF then

....Really, do you really have to bring that up again?

What is wrong with you guys and your immature responses?

This is a FORUM, not a kindergarden, we're not 10 years old, well actually the majority of CoD exists of small kids, same with Battlefield TBH.

Anyschwayz, CoD won't die out, since casual people go into the store and think ''oh hey another Call of Duty, i've heard that it's a good shooter''.

PbtTheClan wrote:

....Really, do you really have to bring that up again?

What is wrong with you guys and your immature responses?

This is a FORUM, not a kindergarden, we're not 10 years old, well actually the majority of CoD exists of small kids, same with Battlefield TBH.

Anyschwayz, CoD won't die out, since casual people go into the store and think ''oh hey another Call of Duty, i've heard that it's a good shooter''.

lol

BF is the war documentary

COD is the war cartoon

I have an equal love for both

Google humour, then google lighten up

BF noobs have already flooded our game

ichilenozo

Being a BF purist myself, I don't want COD people coming to it.

I hate that Dice has been trying to appeal their game more and more towards COD-minded people.

I think is because the financial-coorp mentality, they always want to grow and earn more and more at a fast pace, they can't stand steady slow growing (data shows that BF series always gain new costumers, they never undersell).

For me BF has to evolve towards realism and become one day a real battlefield simulator, not a game.

I like COD because of the stats and bragging about it , and the fast paced style. But it is a game.

However I feel more like a real soldier playing BF, specially when I play with objective based allies.

In a real warfare nobody wants to have a face2face gun battle, everyone is camping and using every hiding spot to get "easy" kills and survive.

I have a PC and frostbite 2 engine is amazing, nothing like playing a 64 people battle, and with time we'll get 128, and so on.

Dice should also quit the BF campaign. They didn't need it for BF2 and BF2142, they only do it to challenge COD series and make it more playable to consoles. But if they would offer an awesome online service, 20+ maps, an incredible amount of weapons and vehicles, good content season, etc, fans and newbies would be pretty happy about it.

Can't wait for BF2143 and Titan mode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x9m58Vol1c

Nevermind some of us "CoD scrubs" actually PTFO, support vehicles, change classes accordingly THROW DOWN AMMO or do half the things 60% of even battlefield players neglect to do. People who suck at games have been and always will be around. Just because they've been playing a game longer doesn't always mean they're better at it.

matuzz

Respawn Entertainment Home

That is the company that created CoD and is the one who can also destroy it.

Deservers Activision right!

nintendon't

Does anyone remember the days before Conduit 2 came out and everyone said it was gonna kill COD?

CoD will died but not today so lets just play the game and hope it dose not end soon but I will say that MW3 is bad quite bad and Mw2 was the best game ever by CoD.

CoD will died but not today so lets just play the game and hope it dose not end soon but I will say that MW3 is bad quite bad and Mw2 was the best game ever by CoD.

CoD will died but not today so lets just play the game and hope it dose not end soon but I will say that MW3 is bad quite bad and MW2 was the best game ever by CoD.

Cod will died but not today so lets just play the game and hope it dose not end soon but I will say that MW3 is bad quite bad and MW2 was the best game ever by call Cod