1 2 3 Previous Next 123 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2012 7:40 AM by SC_ROTIC RSS

Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

maccabi

Right as some of you might not know us.. MHCGM is a group (the term grassroots movement has been used too) comprised of a large cross section of the cod community, our members are individuals, clans representatives, hc fans , a few bigwigs and a few idiots we had to accept as we are related to moms due to a dubious drunken encounter many years previous and yes sorry im part of this one too i know i know im like tribbles i get everywhere..but dont fear i have my happy less sarcastic and arrogant head on when im doing mhcgm stuff . Depending who you ask we either help caused the now infamous hc flags and bombs fiasco on blops or were the main reason for it ..either way fact is we were part of it getting introduced so do know the best ways and means to communicate with the devs to get stuff changed. And it proved that it is possible for major changes to the game are possible if presented the right way,,,

For those that DO know us.. Can i just ask that whatever your past feelings ect we draw a line and just work as a combined voice to get some mother freaking hc lovin in this game.

So first we need a plan of action... as we've noticed theres alot of very grumpy dummy spitting hc fans out there atm

The way i see it and i have read EVERY hc thread recently there are a few main issues we need to have addressed in order of them appearing..

1) Lack of modes

As much as noone wants to hear this there will never be an equal number of playlists for hc as there is for core, its just a fact we have to live with, but if we can come up with a scenerio where the MAJORITY of hc players have something they can live with , we can present it to the devs for their consideration, we have more chance of changes if we can show them we really thought about it, this is why its vital now we have as many hc fans onboard as possible , the more we have the more we speak as a combined single voice.

2) Richochet being introduced

I know some of you are happy about this and i know alot arent, my own personal feelings was it was a knee jerk change that could have been better thought out, i detest richochet in hc it courses more problems that it solves yes tking was a problem but there are much better and viable solutions.

3) Hc issues with elite (stats not recording or being counted and operations)

This i something we need to flesh out with the beachhead team directly especially the hc time not counting in elite,nd lack of hc operations. so really a seperate issue and goal to the above two.

so what do we need well its simple really..

your feedback so we can see where the majority stand and formulate a plan and proposal to present to the devs..and help in getting the message out to the hc community both on fourms , twittter and especially IN GAME so we cover as many possible avenues as possible. (see we learnt from last time older peeps who know us ,

We arent going to agree on everything and from expereince the entitlement stance will no doubt raise its ugly head but we also have to be honest with ourselves, something is better than nothing, if your gamemode can only be included if its in a moshpit with another gamemode whats better nothing or something? the one line you should keep in your head is ...hmmm ok i suppose i could live with that.

Everyone has an equal say and everyones opinion counts be it for or against something, ultimately we all want the same things so theres no point bickering between ourselves and i assure you noone one person or parties agenda will be pushed in whatever we decide.

so heres ya chance .. thoughts?

oh oops forgot to add.. you can follow us on twitter @mhcgm  or on www.facebook.com/mhcgm

and please copy and paste this link to this thread in any hc threads you comment on , in avain attempt to get everyone discussion the same things in one thread..

http://www.callofduty.com/message/205346992

• 1. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore
    bo2000

Count me in

Here's my suggestions:

1.) Remove Riccochet and implement a "3 Strikes you're out" rule including Teamkills and destroying equipment.

2.) Matchmaking has to be superstrict. I might cope with lag in CORE but in HC it's crap if you're not either camping or sprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraying

3.) Reduce damage of explosives or buff Blast Shield.

4.) How many modes HC could possibly get? I would like to see FFA, TDM, Merc, DOM, S&D, HQ Pro, CTF and I really like to see BAREBONES.

Do you guys have a seperate forum as this one is not pretty good with longer discussions.

• 2. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

1; Bring back 3 TK and vote to kick...it means you can get rid of pesky kids or keep your clan mates in if thet have accidenty killed

2; Your own teammates cant destroy your equipment...cant stand this when you're capping and some prick knifes your trophy system and gets you both killed from a nade!

3; Stop with all these stupid core playlists like drop zone and give us HC players CTF, HQ, DOM, DEM, S&D, TDM and FFA..they are all tried and tested and work well so why not give them as an option?

Sick of HC players being singled out from everything and the developers bending over backwards to please the "underage" players! its a joke....

• 3. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore
    rankismet

bigbangbazinga wrote:

1; Bring back 3 TK and vote to kick...it means you can get rid of pesky kids or keep your clan mates in if thet have accidenty killed

2; Your own teammates cant destroy your equipment...cant stand this when you're capping and some prick knifes your trophy system and gets you both killed from a nade!

3; Stop with all these stupid core playlists like drop zone and give us HC players CTF, HQ, DOM, DEM, S&D, TDM and FFA..they are all tried and tested and work well so why not give them as an option?

Sick of HC players being singled out from everything and the developers bending over backwards to please the "underage" players! its a joke....

I would like to see:

1. 8 playlists... TDM, KC, SnD, DOM, HQ, CTF, Team Defender, and FFA.

2. Since I'm sure it's either Ricochet on or Ricochet off... Make SnD Ricochet... put the rest to Ricochet off.

3. BH has said they are workign to address the stats issues in Elite... not much more to do but put pressure to make that sooner versus later.

4. Elite comps for more than just TDM.

• 4. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

Get rid of non lock on launchers.

I don' know if they could do this but find some way to make the uavs harder to get.

And I swear the only reason HCHQ is not stand alone is because SH is trying to spite us.

• 5. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

1. Remove richochet and bring back 3 TK and your done, possibly a option to forgive/kick, but if not possible, then 3 TK and gone, like BO had.

2. Add more game modes, if not possible to give us more playlists, then give us TDM, FFA, and SnD as Standalone, and Moshpit HQ/CTF & KC/Team Defender. I feel like this will

3. It would be awesome to get some sort of line of communication open with Beach Head studios so we could address the problems with Elite and HC.

4. Give Blast Shield a buff. Completely useless perk in HC atm, and would be nice to have a counter to OP explosives besides the trophy system.

Also, I think you may have said somewhere in your post about grumpy HC fans, which is true. Honestly I feel like the only thing IW/SH/Raven/Activision responds to is negativity, so if I have to throw some poo to make a stink in order to get recognized, Im ready.

• 6. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

Please, no HQ and CTF in the same playlist. did'nt work out so well last time.

• 7. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore
    HMrFIGHTS

Yesterday I used the Ask A Question button on Activisions Web site and sent a polite note asking if ricochet could please be removed or give options to play without it.  I also asked if HC could get more game modes added from past COD titles such as FFA, CTF and HQ.  I added in my message that as a long time HC player, ricochet and lack of game modes has made MW3s HC MP experience less enjoyable for myself than all the past CODs.

Customer support sent a response by email in less than 24hrs.  Standard thanks for feedback and suggestions, but it did say my concerns would be forwarded to appropriate parties for review and see about possible implementation.  Ended with no guarantees though.

I feel better doing something other than nothing.  You would be surprised how polite correspondence with a companies Customer support about being dissatified with their product can actually make changes happen.  I didn't rant about their game being garbage and full of glitches or insult the developers intelligence. 

I grew up with Atari games and Astroids, so I have some patience when it comes to game software,  I remember an existence without 3D online multiplayer gaming.  If a game had a glitch, you had to live with it because there were no patches/updates.  Those were called the next game. 

I think the more people that politely nudge the powers that be about our concerns with HC MP and suggestions to make it better, that eventually they will listen.  But like OP said, if changes happen, we should be collectively thankful for something changing even if it doesn't appease everyones wishes.

I say don't be discouraged by the posters saying HC community is too small, that we need to get over the fact there are less HC choices and just stay quiet in the back.  Silence can often be construde as acceptance.  If you want changes, speak up.

• 8. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore

Did you just go to Activisions main site to find the Ask a question button? Im all for using all avenues of discourse with Activison and the respective development studios.

• 9. Re: Attention all hardcore fans ... MHCGM needs your help #MOARhardcore
    maccabi

HMrFIGHTS wrote:

I say don't be discouraged by the posters saying HC community is too small, that we need to get over the fact there are less HC choices and just stay quiet in the back.  Silence can often be construde as acceptance.  If you want changes, speak up.

its ok we know we're old hats at this

1 2 3 Previous Next