32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2012 10:17 AM by XTC_V3NOM_ RSS

Playing DLC Content with other Profiles on your Xbox 360

We understand that ELITE Premium Members on Xbox Live who purchased the latest DLC Content Drop for Modern Warfare 3 are unable to access that content while signed into other profiles on the same console that originally downloaded the content. This is unintentional and we will work to get an update out as soon as possible that corrects this issue and allows you to continue to enjoy the new maps.

Feedback, questions, updates: Follow @fourzerotwo

• Re: Playing DLC Content with other Profiles on your Xbox 360
    iif0xh0undii

Blue on black is no bueno, jefe.

Also...yay!

z0mg He posted!! GREAT communitcation you have with us.

maccabi

wonder how long it took the bean counters in activision towers to realise people were cancelling elite as a result until they did an about turn on this ...   #justsaying

Appreciate the post, hoping that this is sorted out by the PS3 Elite DLC. Thanks.

bo2000

Wallets have spoken and became an answer. Nice

Another bug, 'ey?

Typical.

Be sure to fix that any any other problem on the Xbox before you release the latest patch to PS3.  We wouldn't want Microsoft getting angry!

We will just be here patiently waiting and wishing for a working Call of Duty game.

Love,

PS3

Harney05

A letter to activsion: Dear Activision,

First of all that calendar was made for advertisement purposes, it advertises call of duty elite all over the place, second, ps3 users are being treated like second class citizens, where are our rights? This is discrimination! Third, we paid the same amount of money as xbox users did, and don't talk to me crap about contracts, because us ps3 players paid equal amount of money for a membership that promised free dlc content, therefore we should get equal time of arrival, the contract should only be for non-elite players. Fourth, why would they tell us in the calendar to go get premium membership to get free DLC NOW!? It says coming soon ps3 only if you click on the video. This crap leads to misleading, they have mislead a lot of users already using this propaganda technique! They know that if they keep doing that, they will keep misleading ps3 users, there are people that don't know that if they get it they will have to wait longer than xbox users! This is called false advertisement!

delde115

I agree the diference is that i am an xbox user but have the same ******* problem. If seen your videos and they are crap . its like"yeah were making call of duty elite for the community" thats bullshit , if you people cared about the community!!!! wicth you losers dont,elite premium or not premium, xbox and PS3 should get the DLC TOGETHER do you know what TOGETHER means becuase it looks to me that you dont.And anyway the people that paid the special eddition, dont you think they have too much: premium elite subscriber till they die free map pack, thats low if this is how all the CoD games are going to be then i want my 80 euros back.

lots of anger, a lost fan.

MrFelon

you bloody wanker , you do know that microsoft and activision signed a deal so all future DLC will come out first for xbox360 , this deal ends at the end of 2012 , deal was signed in 2010 . maybe you little PS3 crybabies will stop crying and go get an xbox 360 if you want the maps first . PS3 online is horrible , worst online gaming in the world . xbox live hasn't been hacked , oh wait PS3's online was , lol alot

NotablePie

so basicly now free users get early acces to the maps aswell, now call me crazy, but i thought was supposed to be an priviledge for premium elite's

so basicly if i dl'd the next maps on my friends xbox he can have them, and i can as i have my own gt and he would be able to acces them early and play online ?

say hello to losing alot of money of people that will be doing friends a favour of free DLC

sure for family's it's annoying, but they could've anticapated this, and you guys could've brought out a ''family premium'' bundle for a slightly higher price so they could tie like 4 gt's to premium

but thanks for the kick after

as that is what it feels like with how great all other services for elite premium members work

[sarcasm] as i love how well the clan ops work

i love how well it keeps track of my stats (there never just disappear kills etc from my game total in elite, nope certainly not)

i love to read up how honest the competitions seems to go

so all by all thanks for this great move[/sarcasm]

maccabi

NotablePie wrote:

so basicly now free users get early acces to the maps aswell, now call me crazy, but i thought was supposed to be an priviledge for premium elite's

so basicly if i dl'd the next maps on my friends xbox he can have them, and i can as i have my own gt and he would be able to acces them early and play online ?

say hello to losing alot of money of people that will be doing friends a favour of free DLC

sure for family's it's annoying, but they could've anticapated this, and you guys could've brought out a ''family premium'' bundle for a slightly higher price so they could tie like 4 gt's to premium

as that is what it feels like with how great all other services for elite premium members work

i love how well it keeps track of my stats (there never just disappear kills etc from my game total in elite, nope certainly not)

cod has always been available to anyone on the console it was downloaded too the usage policy has always locked dlc to the console it was downloaded too NOT the gt.

this was the reason i got my refund from xbl the fact nothing on elite works as advertised and because the dlc was gt locked ..

granted they have now back tracked ..sorry not buying the unintential excuse, Activision confirmed it was locked, when xbl contacted Activision they also were told it was locked to the gt..then suddenly as xbl stated to give people refunds they realised it was unintential..yeah right

@Kroolaid theatre works by basically rendering a text file in the game engine its not actually a video file, until times it a video file is if you upload it to youtube when you do any playback in game its game engine so you need the map to start with

maccabi wrote:

NotablePie wrote:

cod has always been available to anyone on the console it was downloaded too the usage policy has always locked dlc to the console it was downloaded too NOT the gt.

this was the reason i got my refund from xbl the fact nothing on elite works as advertised and because the dlc was gt locked ..

granted they have now back tracked ..sorry not buying the unintential excuse, Activision confirmed it was locked, when xbl contacted Activision they also were told it was locked to the gt..then suddenly as xbl stated to give people refunds they realised it was unintential..yeah right

@Kroolaid theatre works by basically rendering a text file in the game engine its not actually a video file, until times it a video file is if you upload it to youtube when you do any playback in game its game engine so you need the map to start with

maccabi, it truly was unintentional. It contravened Microsoft's DLC policy because of an entitlement validation error in code which we fixed a.s.a.p. We'd have fixed this with or without the understandable public outcry.

That's the truth. People are free to take me at my word or read more into the story as they are entitled.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

maccabi

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

maccabi wrote:

NotablePie wrote:

maccabi, it truly was unintentional. It contravened Microsoft's DLC policy because of a entitlement validation error in code which we fixed a.s.a.p. We'd have fixed this with or without the understandable public outcry.

That's the truth. People are free to take me at my word or read more into the story as they are entitled.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Not doubting your word at all, I only went off what I was told by both activision and Xbl when i made that post, both us and uk activision were telling people it was gt locked for elite only and "might" be unlocked when the actual dlc hit in march. my buddies in Activ twitter cs team actually went off and check for me and got the same confirmation from somewhere deep inside activi towers in santa m too. When I called xbl they contacted activision whilst i was on hold and came back and confirmed the same thing.

Doesn't really matter i figured something was wrong the moment it went live as the usage policy on the d/l was opposite to what it was on the console hence i contacted actvi. end result though whoever messed up thank you as it meant Xbl refunded me and others for elite

maccabi wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

maccabi wrote:

NotablePie wrote:

maccabi, it truly was unintentional. It contravened Microsoft's DLC policy because of a entitlement validation error in code which we fixed a.s.a.p. We'd have fixed this with or without the understandable public outcry.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

Not doubting your word at all, I only went off what I was told by both activision and Xbl when i made that post, both us and uk activision were telling people it was gt locked for elite only and "might" be unlocked when the actual dlc hit in march. my buddies in Activ twitter cs team actually went off and check for me and got the same confirmation from somewhere deep inside activi towers in santa m too. When I called xbl they contacted activision whilst i was on hold and came back and confirmed the same thing.

Doesn't really matter i figured something was wrong the moment it went live as the usage policy on the d/l was opposite to what it was on the console hence i contacted actvi. end result though whoever messed up thank you as it meant Xbl refunded me and others for elite

The Activision mother ship, MS and CS are sometimes a couple of steps behind us when it comes to news. I'm glad the situation worked out to your satisfaction in the end though.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

i posted a game of piazza and a game of liberation to my file share, and when my non-elite friend tried to watch it, it wouldnt let him, saying he didnt have the map. while he obviously doesnt have them, why cant he watch the video? is this intentional ?

I was soooo pissed when the DLC wasn't available to other profiles on my Xbox, that I swore to only buy Black Ops 2 for the PS3 in November.

You'll forgive me if I take a gotta-see-it-to-believe-it attitude. Not getting too happy about this just yet.

MrFelon

yea but do those other profiles have an elite premium membership ? as advertised by ELITE , "NEW MAPS FOR ELITE PREMIUM MEMBERS ONLY"  , no premium membership then no maps

I have Xbox Live Family Pack and I'm able to use any profile I want with the Elite playlist. Originally couldn't, but I'm guessing they fixed it.

but i tried it on ps3 and it doesnt work for me so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me

"DLC content" does not make sense! downloadable content content

It's the same on ps3, I made a new account but when I made it I forgot to change my location to Ireland, and it's stuck on United Kingdom and it won't let me purchase with an Irish addresses credit card. But I didn't see it as much of a problem so I went back to my old account to download it. But now it won't work on my new account!?

Just another little screw up by Activision! STOP CHANGING THINGS!!

It's the same on ps3, I made a new account but when I made it I forgot to change my location to Ireland, and it's stuck on United Kingdom and it won't let me purchase with an Irish addresses credit card. But I didn't see it as much of a problem so I went back to my old account to download it. But now it won't work on my new account!?

Just another little screw up by Activision!