1 9 10 11 12 13 Previous Next 122 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2012 3:50 AM by indy56 Go to original post RSS
  • 110. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

jimbodredd

I do get your point but for example if my wife wanted to play BF3 she still would have to buy the online pass (if used) and she still would have to buy the DLC for it(not counting the limited edition special). And that is if she wanted to play against me. I have no idea if the DLC would work just for her in BF3 but the online pass definitely wont. That issue is because there is no split screening in BF3 for one thing.

But pretty much with her account I expect her to pay for everything, and if it comes out she does I am prepared. Good thing she likes MW3 instead of BF3.

I also see where you are coming from too. So far this seems to be a "non Premium member" scenario until March swings around. Some people are assuming its permanent after March. So at least wait and see on that.

If after March they still have to buy it at least you can prepare for it mentally.

• 111. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    rankismet

trialstardragon wrote:

No, it is about elite. You get the map packs earlier because of the elite service. So each account has to be an elite premium service account to acces them.

The issue is how the DRM is being mishandled.

• 112. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

We understand that ELITE Premium Members on Xbox Live who purchased the latest DLC Content Drop for Modern Warfare 3 are unable to access that content while signed into other profiles on the same console that originally downloaded the content. This is unintentional and we will work to get an update out as soon as possible that corrects this issue and allows you to continue to enjoy the new maps.

• 113. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

fourzerotwo wrote:

We understand that ELITE Premium Members on Xbox Live who purchased the latest DLC Content Drop for Modern Warfare 3 are unable to access that content while signed into other profiles on the same console that originally downloaded the content. This is unintentional and we will work to get an update out as soon as possible that corrects this issue and allows you to continue to enjoy the new maps.

Two posts in one day? New record for you.

• 114. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    shonk

More like Activision where geting flack for it

You really should look after your userbase

not try pulling stunts like this

but either way a good result

• 115. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

starbuckfrack wrote:

jimbodredd

I do get your point but for example if my wife wanted to play BF3 she still would have to buy the online pass (if used) and she still would have to buy the DLC for it(not counting the limited edition special). And that is if she wanted to play against me. I have no idea if the DLC would work just for her in BF3 but the online pass definitely wont. That issue is because there is no split screening in BF3 for one thing.

But pretty much with her account I expect her to pay for everything, and if it comes out she does I am prepared. Good thing she likes MW3 instead of BF3.

I also see where you are coming from too. So far this seems to be a "non Premium member" scenario until March swings around. Some people are assuming its permanent after March. So at least wait and see on that.

If after March they still have to buy it at least you can prepare for it mentally.

From what I have read elsewhere the online pass for EA games is a file downloaded to your console hard drive. If that is the DRM holding console for the account that downloaded the pass then any Gamertag on that console should be able to access BF3 online or Bad Company 2 etc. I am going to test this out tonight. I've not bothered until now because none of my family tends to be fussed about EA online games.

I was reading about this at the weekend and I understand is this correct for PS3 as well - Any account on the PS3 with the online pass on it can play BF3 multiplayer.

I was looking into this because I own BF3 on PC and Xbox, and wanted to know if I bought a pre-owned ps3 copy I would still have to buy a PS3 online pass.

I am adamant that your Mrs should be able to play all of your XBL Marketplace on your console.

• 116. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

starbuckfrack wrote:

bigbangbazinga wrote:

Tut tut tut Mattireland...

This game is a 18+ and youve just admited letting your "kids" play it

Most ppl seem to forget that kids should not be on this game and this is probably the reason for this thread....

If you are old enough to play this game then you shouldnt be needing to share an xbox and thats the truth of the matter...end of discussion

There is no ruling that says kids cannot play this game. Its called parental choice. If some parent lets his kid play a game then they can play. Even the MS Terms state kids can play with any game on XBL with parental consent and/ or supervision.

If you dont want your kids play this game then thats fine too, but you cant tell a parent how to raise their own kid.

Unless you buy an EA online game (FIFA, Need for Speed), in which case EA's terms say that a child under the age of 12 or 13 cannot play online on their servers and they enforce this by checking the DOB on the XBL Gamertag. Theres no way around it unless you lie about the childs age on the Gamertag.

Its up to them obviously, if it is their servers, but ultimately I pay for my childs Gold subscription for online access - you are absolutely right - I'll decide what the kids can play and I'll decide if they can play that online or not.

After spending hours trying to get my sons FIFA 12 account online without success I have decided it would be better to never buy a new EA game ever again. I really should cancel my SWTOR account too...

• 117. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    starbuckfrack

http://help.ea.com/article/will-i-need-a-second-online-pass

Only one gamertag. Plus it says so on the back of BF3 for example.

On the back it does say you must be 13 to register BUT I found this

"In order for children 12 years old and under in such jurisdictions to participate in online activities that require registration, we require prior written permission or other verifiable consent from a parent or guardian. In other jurisdictions, prior written permission or other verifiable consent may be required from a parent or guardian for children under 14 or 18 years of age. Upon registration, the appropriate permission form will be made available. This form must be signed by the child's parent or guardian and returned to Electronic Arts by fax or mail to the Privacy Policy Administrator in the relevant country. Children 12 and under may not participate on certain of our sites. In some cases, we may not permit children under 14 or 18 years of age to participate in certain of our sites."

Too bad no matter what you type in the EA support page, it still doesnt work right. I am not going to waste 3 hours looking thru every page.

Its redicolous that every online pass faq doesnt have the Frequently asked Questions people ask.

BTW the EA Terms dont have age limitations. It says as long as you have parental consent you can use the online features. Too many contradictions.

• 118. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?
    SalemInChains

If IW reallys had an "awesome dialog" with its community like you claim, instead of hiding behind 120 characters or less on twitter, this kind of crap would never happen.

Instead of being pro-active and resolving issues before they explode, we get this along with lack of HC options, OP weapons, poor spawns, lack of dbl xp weekends, horrible communication, colored clan tag glitches, under map glitches, ect....

I guess IW will never learn from MW1, MW2......

Maybe its time IW was replaced by a dev studio who apprciates its custoemr base and doesnt just blow smoke up thier butts 3 months before release and disappear and act like its such a tuff job listening to the customers who just broke tons of sales records for you.

Ya crazy idea I know.

• 119. Re: elite content on 360 not available to other profiles?

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

The TU for Xbox 360 was an emergency fix to allow all player profiles on a console to access the Elite playlist if a player on that console was an Elite Premium Member and had downloaded the DLC.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

http://community.callofduty.com/message/205373264#205373264