1 2 3 Previous Next 63 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2012 7:07 PM by jowoodw RSS

Headsets.

What headset does everyone prefer to wear? I personally use the Turtle Beach XP500's and out of every headset I've every used or tried ( TB, Trition, and Astro ) and to me this headset is the best there is. What is everyone else's view?

• 1. Re: Headsets.

Turtle Beach X12s.

I always used to wear Skullcandy earbuds or on-ear headphone, but I wanted a gaming headset that way I didn't need to wear the crappy Xbox headset and another pair of headphones. The X12s were cheap, and they get the job done.

• 2. Re: Headsets.

Ya having a good headset helps a ton, and they are worth every penny!

• 3. Re: Headsets.

How much were the XP500s?

I have Tritton 720s

I wouldn't say they are all worth every penny.  IMO unless you are playing professionally there is no reason for a headset that is upwards of 200 dollars.

That's just my opinion though.

• 4. Re: Headsets.

Ive had Astros, as well as numerous sets of TB's, currently have TB x41 and x31(backups) that I use. I like the wireless sets, just use rechargeable batteries and recharge between uses. Agreed though, a good headset helps loads.

• 5. Re: Headsets.
    robrod

I have the wired Turttle Beaches, dont know model, but every kind of TB Ive seen or used seem to be awesome. I went wired so I would never have to worry about charging or anything, pluse I use them for my laptop music too so battery powered didnt seem to be the logical choice.

• 6. Re: Headsets.

It depends on personal preference.

Sound quality, Astro Mixamp + HPX/PC350/PC360/SteelSeeries V2/Razer  Carcharias

Comfort, PC360/V2/Carcharias

Total Functions, TB PX5/XP500

Overall: Comfort + Astro Mixamp/5.8 is the best set-up currently possible @ sound quality + price.

• 7. Re: Headsets.

They were 269.99. After tax and all i can't remember the exact amount, but its a pricey headset but I make sure it gets its use in

• 8. Re: Headsets.

perhaps the x11s? I had a set of those before I switched over to wireless. I like to be able to go get a drink from the kitchen, or a snack, or whatever without having to take off the headset.

• 9. Re: Headsets.
    kholland65

I used the astros A40's for about 3 years. Super comfortable and the sound quality is insanely good. They just cost a pretty penny. Its about $250 for the headset and all its accessories. You do get a lot of stuff with it though. 

1 2 3 Previous Next