13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 2:25 PM by CowboySr RSS

Heres an idea!

Instead of 'nerfing' a few good guns.
Why not amp up all the other guns
Great idea i know, hold your applause

• Re: Heres an idea!
    CowboySr

or....they could just stop f'ing with them and make people adapt and use the best weaps.

yeah this was more or less aimed toward the people who cry "op gunz" on every cod that they release. i do agree with your reply good sir

CowboySr

I hate people screaming OP. If something is OP by all means prove it and use it. Thats what Ive always done. Just like my WAW MP40!

9blackguys

That quote just screams one of my friend's attitude toward the T-95, he thinks its cheap as hell and its funny to watch him berserk over dying by it.

i honestly think 'most' guns have their ups and downs. Good example is i love the scar, but more people seem to like the acr. both are good, but i like the scar more. Its not the guns that are the problems, its the players.

c4rl

Boy oh boy that sounds like fun. I can't wait to stare at the t95 and akimbo fmgs all year... Derp. Are you kidding? Variety is the spice of life, and mw3 is really close to making it viable to use all the guns and remain competitive. Why would you not want to help work towards that?

No lol the guns in MW3 already kill insanely fast.

Some guns really are "OP"

The akimbo machine pistols should not be that dead accurate or have damage that high.

The Type 95 is strong but it's also a three round burst guns requiring some sort of accuracy so eh.

The Striker isn't "OP" but the thing is it's so much better than the other shotguns that in its class it really should be considered "OP" because there's no reason to use any shotgun BUT the striker. You can't say that about any other weapon class.

The MP40 outclassed all guns in the game. Add ext mags, juggo and steady aim, there's no reason not to use it. That gun is one of three guns I'd place the "OP" title on lol

MP40

Pre patch 1887s

Akimbo FMGs

To say those guns aren't a tad bit "OP" probably just means you're missing a few brain cells.

Most of the times I hear people whine OP it's usually because they died. Hell, I've heard people call the AA12 and FAD OP. That's just ridiculous.

i liked most the shottys on mw2. i wouldnt mind the mw2 spaz, that thing kicked ass, along with the aa12,. both great guns, but had thier own advantages. Shotguns could use a lil bit of a damage boost, but im indifferent. WaW's guns ALL sucked, except the mp40. I stayed on cod4 til mw2 honestly lol.

CowboySr

So if its OP, and you both use it, its no longer OP.  Why wouldnt you use whatever the best gun is in the game? You can debate all day long over which is the best. Use your best gun! I dont feel sorry for these little kiddies that cry cause they got killed by a type95 when they were running around trying to QS for their montage.  No such thing as OP anything. If its good , use it, and stop making IW mess with the guns. Id like to see them fix the lag and get a clan challenge together by the end of the year instead.

With that mentality you might as well give everyone one gun and one set of perks.

The point of having so many guns is to give us variety. If one gun outclasses all others that gun should be looked at.

All guns are meant to perform within certain boundaries. When one gun transcends those boundaries it starts being looked at as "OP". The FMGs are secondary machine pistols, but they're often used as primaries and can outperform all SMGs even though they're not supposed to. FMGs can outperform ARs in some cases. They out class all shotguns. Hell, when one set of guns can take out a juggo in one clip there is definitely some balance issues. Not a single assault rifle can take out a juggo in one clip. There is no reason why a secondary should be stronger than the majority of primaries. If you can't see why the FMGs are "OP" there is something wrong with you.

No one should be forced to play one way simply because it's the best. I personally don't die to FMGs often because I keep my distance, but it's painfully obvious that they're way too good. The obvious counter to FMGs is a slower distanced playstyle, but if everyone adapted this then you'd be on here whining about how slow the game plays.

By the way, don't group all players together. I don't QS, hell I can't stand snipers in general. They hardly ever contribute to the team and I'm big on team work.

As for the T95 and Striker, I can see where people come from but I don't believe either of them are "OP". The Striker is "OP" within its class, but not when compared to the rest of the guns.

CowboySr

@Missing Snorlax- well if you make all the guns the same power, then it might as well be the same gun. We can go around and around forever, but the guns all act differently at different ranges. They have a diff mobility. Im sure if we took 30 guns in real life and had 100000 people run around that one particular gun would prevail. I know Id want the best gun there too. in the end the best person wins cause they give themselves the best possibility to have an advantage against their enemy. Its a shooting competition. Would you wear your construction boots in the 100 meter dash?

Yea the FAD is my gun of choice next to the MK14. I have heard people telling me that I was a camper, glitching, aim botting, and a host of other hilarious monickers. I can't help I have better aim than them. I usually have to put 2-3 bullets in some one with MK14 and with the FAD it's at least half a clip unless I get a head shot. Neither of these guns are overpowered. I would say the range on some of the shot guns are ridiculous though. The striker and 1887 have ridiculous killing power. I have been at least 50 ft away and died. It seems to resemble the shotgun attachment for AR's in BLOP's.

9blackguys

I remember when someone said (pre-patch) that my AA-12 was "hacked" and that it's overpowered.

Like someone else said, most people will complain about anything they die by, especially if they die by it repeatedly.