1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 118 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2012 9:06 PM by slopingpainter2 Go to original post RSS
  • 110. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    cocky1965
    i guess everybody should stand still out in open with no weapons and let people shoot them.play the game the way you want and stop with the tears and snot bubbles
  • 111. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    booker_64

Jeru_Da_Damaja__ wrote:

simple: stay at the same spot longer then 20 seconds and you'll get blown up. would be a great addition to this game.

This is a step backward, really, forcing everyone to run-and-gun, like it would be the only correct way of play (and it isn't).

If anything, only as an option in a private match setup.
  • 112. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward

Jeru_Da_Damaja__ wrote:

simple: stay at the same spot longer then 20 seconds and you'll get blown up. would be a great addition to this game.

so if im using a killstreak such as a chopper gunner i would be killed?
    if u cant kill the campers u might want to start combat training and pratice on some camping dummies or just stop playing black ops!
    I get the most satisfaction killing campers 
  • 113. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    shunt_king
    Some of the game modes the game wants you to camp.

Headquaters is the best example I can think of.  Team captures the objective....100pts per kill away from the area, 300 for the same kill if your near the objective. And if you think that mode is about the run and gun style of play your probably on the team that at the end of the game as the 0 beside there total and the other team is at 250. Or why the guy with only 20 kills has more points then you do with your 45 kills. Or capture the flag, isn't the whole point of that to stop the other team from getting your flag while trying to get theirs? So that would suggest that at least 1 person stays behind and guards the living hell out of there teams flag?

And as other people have pointed out, to get some of your pro level perks you have to camp.  Example hacker pro, one of the challenges is to kill X number of people close to either a motion sensor or jammer. So I guess no one under your rule would ever have hacker pro...which is really fun when you hack there sentry gun or claymore and they come over to see what happened to gear, or you turn there sam site against there attack helicopter.

As far as I can tell there really isn't that many spot that don't have more then one way to get to them. Classic would be the snipers cliff in jungle, so you can camp there with an assualt rifle but the chances are after a few kills someone is going to pick you off from one of the countless directions they can get to it.

I have a friend that camps hard. Generally I know where he camps and if I feel like playing guess what corner he's in I'll go kill him, if not I just avoid that little area. No biggie.

Some of the killstreaks even require you to try and find a safeish spot to hide while using them. RC-XD, chooper gunner, valkeryie.

Just because you find run n gun as fun, doesn't mean that some folks don't find the challenge of trying to hold a little corner of the map fun. So what if they only go 9-15. The game is about FUN and if thats fun for them so be it.
  • 114. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    xFlyingFishx
    I think that people who run and gun get frustrated when they run the same route and get killed in the same place by the same person the same way. Take a different route and try something different. Both tactics are predicable, and there is a time and place for both. The way these maps are laid out, it is really had to camp a busy area before you get blowd' up. You can camp the edges of the map, but your kills will suffer.
  • 115. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    the_oz
    My biggest problem with camping is that I just can't do it.

I get anxious if I am in one spot for more than 5-10 seconds - just another reason why I have always been a horrible sniper.
    I only really play objective games and I am always trying to do whatever I have to win the game.

There is no problem with camping - "It's a legitimate strategy!!"
    There is no problem with winning objectives - you just have to be smart and check your corners & map glitches as you move forward.

Once in MW2 after a rash of ALL CAMPERS GAMES I decided to hole up at the start of the round.
    After 2 minutes - I hadn't seen a red dot, an enemy or heard ANY GUNFIRE!!  :shock:   If there is a problem with camping it is when you have a game exclusively filled with them.
  • 116. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    Everybody plays to their own strengths, some camp, some co-operate, some are selfish, some use the weapon they feel comfortable with etc. etc. there is NO wrong way of playing this game. There are in a lot of cases smarter approaches to certain game types to emerge as a (team) winner. One of the most obvious examples is the group of people that do not get the fact that domination is an objective based game and getting 50+ kills during a game is not gonna help them. NO there is no nuke in the game anymore that will turn the odds automagically for you. I get it though... it's the competitive nature (read: e-peen). Anyways, I digress.

What amuses me most is that there are a lot of people (ironically enough the younger gamers, the ones that supposed to be more apt at adapting quickly) who do not seem to realize ANY tactic, perk or strategic position can be countered if YOU choose to do so. So instead attacking what is wrong with the world/game embrace new strategies and/or methods that can help you... and you may actually learn something. There's a life's lesson in there somewhere.

Peace,
    your uncle forks
  • 117. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward
    golfercacher
    I am a camper.  I do so out of necessity.  I don't have quick enough reflexes to compete with those who can run and gun.  When I try to run around and shoot I get destroyed.

I have noticed that I was more successful camping in MW2 than BO.  BO has fewer places to camp successfully in my opinion because any place you camp there seems to be 2 or more approaches you can’t cover.
  • 118. Re: anti-camping rule would be a big step forward

I agree. Camping is legit.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next