1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2012 9:20 PM by yukmout Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    theatriks

Most likely. But it will come with these current maps. So by the time the Map Pack comes out we'll already have had new maps to play (The other half) and by then we will already be jaded of the first half. :]

• 21. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !

Details on that matter are unknown.  If I had to make a guess though...

If Activision sticks to $15 model (which has been "confirmed" in the latest Elite trailer):

Map Pack = 3 maps / 2 Spec Ops missions

Map Pack = 3 maps / 2 Spec Ops missions

Map Pack = 3 maps / 1 Spec Ops missions / 1 game mode

Map Pack = 3 maps / 1 Spec Ops missions / 1 game mode

or

Map Pack = 4 maps

Map Pack = 4 maps

Map Pack = 4 maps

Map Pack = 6 Spec Ops missions / 2 game modes

Or if Activision goes with a $20 map pack:

Map Pack #1 = 4 maps / 2 Spec Ops missions

Map Pack #2 = 4 maps / 2 Spec Ops missions / 1 game mode

Map Pack #3 = 4 maps / 2 Spec Ops missions / 1 game mode

• 22. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    MrFelon

so you'd rather go out and pay $60 - $90 for the future DLC content rather than save money and just get elite for the cheap price of $49.99 . you do the math

-map packs cost $15

-4 map packs

-4 x 15 = 60

- so you'd be saving at least $10

these people are just ignorant to the value of what they are purchasing . i'm happy i paid for elite , cuz i have the maps right now while others who are cheap don't. but still end up paying more than we did for the maps , guess i made a smart purchase

• 23. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    sweatyclam

I just think everyone would benefit more if all players had access, there would be more gamemodes available, more players available etc.

I also don't like being forced into paying up front for all the content, especially as I don't know what this content will be, just to play the new maps a bit earlier.

This model only benefit's Elite, there is no upside for consumer.

I agree Elite users do deserve the maps early as they have been clearly ripped off, but apart from making them feel special, it means nothing.

• 24. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !

this is the lowest thing I've seen in my 15 years of online gaming.  I'll never support such a greedy corporation again.  The fact they are pushing elite and doing nothing to fix the terrible online lag is just proof that they don't care about anything other than their profits.

• 25. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !

(Directed at people saying "you save $10")

What if you don't want ALL the DLC. 

For example,  the last Black Ops DLC was all zombies.  I don't play zombies therefor I did not purchase the final map pack, thus saving $15. 

They were extremely vague about what the "20 pieces of DLC" would include.  It could be 10 maps and 10 other things I deem useless.   By not purchasing ELITE,  I reserve the right to choose which DLC I want to purchase.  Which by the way will be none of it.  I already have 16 poorly built maps,  why would I want to pay for more? 

• 26. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    zxera

Mom wont pay for Elite premium? poor thing.

• 27. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    zxera

Mat2202 wrote:

No I´m very strict in those thing. I had a Problem with Battlefield and I promised not to buy Battlefield 3. Most of my friends bought it again - but I will never buy a Battlefield again. This series is dead for me forever ! And Call of Duty will be the same if nothing happens. In my firendlist there are 6 people who don´t buy Battlefield 3 because of bad things in previous Battlefield games.

You have to think about, that not all people write in Forums like this. An Game Companys often don´t understand why people don´t buy their games. If the map pack thing isn´t changed this Company will not get 1 cent from me in the future.

We will miss you

• 28. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !

Such a stupid thread. The map packs are pretty much on schedule to be released the same time as previous years. All elite does is give the people who pay for it a chance to play them in advance, after a few months when there's enough maps out to create a pack it's released for sale.

If you want to play on the maps early then buy Elite, if not then wait until they are released as map packs..

Also if you want the maps so bad and was going to buy them anyway why didn't you purchase elite..? I know most of the people on this forum who have elite will tell you they bought it to get the maps.

• 29. Re: map packs for "normal" users  - my last call of duty !
    Hookz

lol stop bieing a cheep ass and buy elite  u will save $$ this way in the long run + u will get the maps b4 regular members.

i dont understand why people cry about it  think for elite u spend

4000 msps

each map pack cost 1200 ( buying a 1400 Card x3 = 4200

u get to save ur self 200 msps + u get the option to do clan challanges ( when they come out ) and lone wolf challanges - to get a chance to win prizes.

suck it up buttercup save up ur $ ur parents give u and buy elite

AND THE MAPS ARE NOT FREE WHEN U OWN FULL VERSION OF ELITE  ( THEY ARE PAID FOR WITH THE SUBSCRIPTION )