19 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 7:52 AM by Work_Hard_Play_Hard RSS

HOSTING STILL SUCKS ON MW3 PS3

For the upteenth time... PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS GETS FIXED IN PATCH 1.08

How many more times must this keep causing a problem...

• Re: HOSTING STILL SUCKS ON MW3 PS3
    XTRMNTR

My game plays like i am host now whether im actually hosting or not! It's just great.

Hosting = Death Sentance full of Stutter,1 second of Lag,Bad hit detection,

Normal Game = Instakill Deaths for me also..

Has there been some sort of secret update there not telling us about that has ruined this game even more for us ? MW3 was 30% acceptable a week ago & now its a Completely bad game..

K1ller_911

I cant even tell who the host is, i know about pressing select and looking at the scoreboard at the start of the match but usually theres 2-3 people that have 4 bars so theres no true way of telling unless someone knows something i dont.

FYI the Xbox already has the patch and the situation is no better than before from what I've seen and heard.

It was especially bad last night for some reason.  When I was host (which is often) I finally just started camping like a little girl.  If I ran out and got into the action, it would start skipping like I was flipping the pages of a book.  I was playing in a full party and didn't want to screw the other members of my team so I just had to sit back and let Activision PENALIZE me while using my good connection for other people's enjoyment (though they were lagging anyway).

K1ller_911

how do you know if your host or not though? blops was easy to tell this sucks, i feel like im host all the time too but wtf? grrr..lol now that i sorted out my connection i have a 25 ping and i connect to 50ms games fast and it finds alot of them but everyone in the game has a 4 bar connection.

Generally you will be the one with 4 bars but you can really tell by how the game plays.

When I am host I have 4 bars but my hits don't register and when the action heats up the frame rate drops and it starts skipping all over the place.  Last night I was having this issue and while changing classes I accidentally left the game (pushing buttons too fast).  When I rejoined, the people in my party said that there was a host migration.  After I left and came back I had a MUCH better game.

crossfire-roadster

Just like on Black Ops I don't think they'll ever be able to fix the host lag issue.  When I'm host I have noticed that at the beginning of the match it runs pretty smooth but a couple of minutes in the stuttering and lag starts to increase making it almost impossible to play at times.  I was in a FFA winning 21 to 5 and the lag kicks in and I was instantly unable to kill anyone.  I got killed 4 times in a row while apparently I was shooting blanks.

One other thing I have noticed is the issue with playing against clans.  I mostly play dom and I assume that when a clan joins the lobby the main clan member that joined the lobby has a <50ms ping but I believe some of the other members don't and I believe this is part of the lag problem.  I have noticed that the lag is worse when I play against clans vs randoms.  I always search for <50ms lobbies so in theory everyone in the lobby should have 4 bars if its based on ping yet I am getting into many lobbies where multiple people have 2 or 3 bars with the rest of us having 4 bars.

Ive noticed the same thing when playing clans i now back out of any game against clans.

I have a less than 30 ping and a few weeks ago I could get into 50 or 75 ping rooms but since the patch and when I and others posted on this forum that if you only went into 50 or 75 ping games you didnt get lag. I now can never get into one of those games, in fact i never see any, and I noticed since then they now have 125 and 150 ping games which I never saw before, the limit i believe then was 100. So in my opinion they tweaked the system and added 125 and 150 games and that has made it worse, far far worse. As I am sure most of you are aware, ping is based on distance as well as your internt connection. You can be at a less than 50 ping when you test on pingtest.net but the reason that is, is because pingtest picks a server within a couple of hundred miles away. But this game does not use a matchmaking system based on location (or if it does its another big fail and is broke) You are in a game with people thousands of miles away and as such your ping will be a dam lot higher than when you test it. So I don't know if we will ever get it fixed.

Host Disadvantage (Lag Compensation my arse!) is the one single reason I will never buy another COD game again. I have spent the last 3 months losing time and time again through no fault of my own and as an average player this is very disheartening indeed. I have got to the point where I no longer wish to play the game as I feel that my abilities no longer have any influence on the match in hand, the game decides whether I can or cannot score points.

The devs in their wisdom have not improved the player experience, they have crippled it for all because even if you are not hosting you have to sit through the host migration screen multiple times as hosts suffer lag and leave. Implementing aggressive lag compensation seems a bonkers idea given the game is supposed to pick players from a similar land mass with a similar ping time, who plays COD on a dial up? There are no 10ms v 300ms games anymore and the advantage of being host has all but diminished from what it was like on Quake Arena for instance. I can't recall screaming at COD4 because the host was a million times better than anyone else. Mind COD4 was developed by the real Infinity Ward wasn't it so maybe that has something to do with it.

It is all well and good the people not experiencing host disadvantage claiming it is just people moaning and being sour at losing but what do they think is going to happen when all the fibre connections with fast pings have dried up? I don't think they understand that being the host will then fall on their shoulders and then we will see who's just been moaning at losing.

K1ller_911

id just like some answers from activision..is that too much to ask? what is going on and what are they doing to fix the problem? The #1 priority should be to fix the lag not nerfing guns or creating more maps or fixing glitches. It should be making the game run correctly in multiplayer matches.

I've played 10 games and quit out of all of them, I couldn't kill **** and that was even on some of the ones I wasn't host. I kept on trying new lobbies but they were all the same, in the end I just turned off my PS3. CoD will never get better imo, I just wish more people would give games like bf3 a chance.

MW3 FACTS.....

If you are host you are screwed.

If the host is on your team you are screwed

If you have a jittery 2/3 bar connection you will destroy everyone with a better connection.

If you get a host migration and the countdown starts from 19. You are either host or the host is on your team. Prepare to bend over if the other team have even anything approaching an average player.

Play split screen, the extra player on your console gives you an advantage... Thats why every other game has split screeners and you always see players standing in a corner doing nothing.

IMO mw3 is the best CoD out there. But host lag has forced me back to blobs and mw2. Host lag is making me crazy. I most say it's not worth it. you can't get your kill skill on. And thats baaaaaaad. So i rather just think... "**** that ****". Even though i think it's the best one. I get host almost every single time. So in mw3 i get my ass kicked. But i mw2 and blobs i'll be killing with no trouble. I love the MW3 so this almost makes me cry. fo'real

pleeeease fix it.

Work_Hard_Play_Hard

I agree MW3 is a great game, but it will never work right.  They would probably have to take offline and reprogram, not going to happen.

In jul / aug this game played perfect for me (bullets killed in 3-4 hits, I even had red hitmarkers when hit), most matches I did not feel I was disadvantaged.  Since Sep and Oct for me every game feels out of sync, prob 20% advantage, 10% ok, 70% disadvantaged.

They tweak and some win and some lose, however if you host you are plain and simply f*cked.