43 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2012 9:15 AM by Ebn RSS

High sensitivity question?

Does anyone else think that the control sensitivity should be set to default on MP? I feel that anyone who uses theirs on 10 has an advantage because they have a huge turning advantage. What's your say on this matter?

• Re: High sensitivity question?

Well they get the "advantage" because they changed it and have practiced using it, all you have to do is practice and you will get that said "advantage". I personally play on 8-10 depends wether sniping or not but i dont feel it gives me any GREAT advantage as such...give it a try, come back and let us know...

As said, try using 7-10 sensitivity, you will get used to it after a while.

And when you're used to it you'll have that same advantage.

I play on 10 all the time, have done so ever since COD 4, so about mm 4 years? dunno, i suck at math. XD

High sensitivity is a matter of preference. It can actually be a disadvantage if you are not used to it as well as it may be just as it says in itself ............. too sensitive for most users. There are in fact a lot of "harnened veterans" who refuse to use it. Would it be a good step to level out the playing field............. I personally nelieve so but imagine the uproar it would cause. Not only that but just how many "advantages" are there throughtout the game. For instance I personally snipe and ONLY snipe. That being said every person with an automatic weapon has a huge advantage over me. But Its just what I enjoy. For me, I enjoy the challenge and there is nothing like goin 30-0 K/d with a sniper against all using automatics. ANYONE can get those numbers (well at least a huge K/D ratio) with an automatic but only the few can achieve with a single shot bolt action rifle. Just poniting out an example. So Bluntly to answer your question. I would love to see it happen but then again, I'd love to see everyone have the same loadout. Then again, wheres the fun in that? LMAO

I never thought of it like that........your 1 sniper bullet to my 60 bullet clip gives me the advantage but as you said it's how you want to play the game is what matters. I suppose it comes down to what you prefer.

Exactly!!! Yeah it would def level it out, but I'll be honest, it would DRASTICALLY lower the fun element of the game. To each his own, within reason. As long as you are playing the game as its meant to be played and use tools (i.e. weapons, perks, & advantages) that are availible to all. If I am able to do whatever you are doing I have no right to tell you not to do it. Hacking, and/or cheating is on the other hand an adcantage that you and only you have and that drastically gives you an advantage that no thers have, thus is the bottom of the scum suckers in my book.

Ebn

If one of your sniper bullets equals 25% of my automatic clip then you have the advantage, one on one, deejdave.

With a k/d of 1.01 over 46 hours played in tdm and a win percentage of 26% I'm guessing those 30-0 games don't happen very often. If even ever?

Grab yourself a scar-l mate. I don't think this snipping malarkee is working for you

You might gain turning speed at higher sensitivity but you will be losing precision or accuracy the higher you go, think about it

my classes consist of SMG and AR n when i use my SMG i will turn my sensitivity down one from whatever my AR runs (7 and 8). i use lower for the SMG so i can correct the bounce for longer mid-range shots. if ur gonna increase the sens., try the joystick jiggle until it starts to feel normal. but also take into consideration how well u process the picture when youre playing the game, that will help your ability to acquire targets.

Yeah it all depends on your reaction time and what you're comfortable with.

I play on 5 sensitivity. I'm still able to tun on people at times because I'm used to that sensitivity.

I play on 8-10. Funny how my accuracy is still higher than all my friends, lol. 22%.

I used to have my sensitivity on 4 on black ops but the sensitivity on MW3 seems a lot stiffer and i need to have it on 8 for it to feel roughly the same.

ghamorra

I have some friends who play on 8-10, he let me try to play a match using his sensitivity and it only took a few minutes and several failed attempts to try and leave the spawn for me to just give it back

I used to play on 10 but after switching to 4 more scores went way higher.

Fireman0025

I personally like to play in that middle range (like 5 or so) It gives me that advantage to turn quickly, but any higher I wouldn't be able to use ADS and actually kill someone

theped26 wrote:

Does anyone else think that the control sensitivity should be set to default on MP? I feel that anyone who uses theirs on 10 has an advantage because they have a huge turning advantage. What's your say on this matter?

It is just a matter of putting in the time to get used to that sensitivity to reap any advantage you can from the feature.  But since it is available to everyone, there is no reason to force a certain setting on the whole community.  I mean it would be like saying everyone should be forced to use the same gun, because another player can handle a particular gun better than another.

I recommend turning it 1 up every week or 2 weeks. That way you will slowly get to a higher sensitivity. I did the same and it worked great. I use 5 now and it's perfect.

asasa

Theres a reason MLG players use 2-5

Anything higher is way too hard to be accurate with.

I've played on 10 since COD4. It's just something I'm used too I suppose. I remember trying to play on default when I got the game and it took like 3 seconds to do a 180 LOL.

You just get used to it, doesn't take to long. I guess I can turn around quicker, but It honestly hasn't affected my K/D ratio significantly or anything.

triiviium-

I play on 8 to 10, mainly 10. I don't know how anyone can play on default, I feel like im always stunned. I still die I don't feel that i have an advantage other than maybe one kill a game.

It all depends on your overall reaction time. I have always played on 10 but then again I started out on ten. If I play on anything but 10 it feels stiff and slow. Start with 5 then whenever it feels a bit too easy to move go up a bit. Eventually you'll get to 10.

my classes consist of SMG and AR n when i use my SMG i will turn my sensitivity down one from whatever my AR runs (7 and 8). i use lower for the SMG so i can correct the bounce for longer mid-range shots. if ur gonna increase the sens., try the joystick jiggle until it starts to feel normal. but also take into consideration how well u process the picture when youre playing the game, that will help your ability to acquire targets.

Yes they have an advantage in turning. This really only helps if your aggresive and need to turn and shoot somone you are close to . Ppl with the lower sensativity have an advantage at longer range shots. Its a wash IMO.

No.

ryanjm58

I played 8-9 on MW2 and BLOPS and did fine with it. Once I got to the point where I was comfortable with the maps/guns I'd post consistent upper-20s with some 30- and 40-kill domination rounds. Then last month I read on this forum how the hardcore gamers dial the sensitivity way down (1-4) and tried it at 4. At first it really did feel like I was constantly concussion grenaded. I'm a lot more comfortable with it now, though, and if I'm not on the **** end of the lag comp stick (which I feel like I have been for the majority of the past two weeks), I'll turn in 30-kills on an average domination round or high 20s with a decent KDR in TDM.

I've been using the Model lately, though, so the lower sensitivity really helps. I can't miss a shot or I'm toast (~70% accurate with the 1887 to boot.)

i play on 10 and recommend any1 to try it because u get used it to the only thing that blows is when u get flashed and ur trying to move if ur not careful the second u are not flashed and can move freely u will spin around get confused

dlundebjerg28

I play on a 5 or 6 sensitivity, I can't quite remember. I used to play CoD4 and W@W on a 2 sensitivity and I was extremely accurate, but if it wasn't a head to head gun fight I was ****** because I'd turn so slow. I played MW2 and Black Ops on 8-10 sensitivities. I could turn on guys alot easier but my accuracy took a hit. Now I like to play somewhere in the middle. I still feel like I can turn quick enough when necessary but my aim is easier to keep on target.

It's really a matter if how it feels to you. In general it's easier to be accurate with lower sensitivities but you give up the range of motion. My best advice is to just screw around with your sensitivity and do what your the most comfortable using

i play on 3 or 4 depending on sub or assult. if there was a setting where when your not ads you play on higher then when you ads it goes down to how it was on 3 i would play higher but it feels like when you play higher your flinch is out of control,

no lol...if u have a high sensitivuty u will be able to turn on [people faster but 9 times outta 10, i will have crap accuaracy at a distance..i see alotta kids play on high and i wonder why cuz they aim like poop lol...avg sens for pro gamer is 2-4

I think that the sensitivity is the best by 6-10 try

if ur playing bad kids it doesnt matter the sensitivty to be honest...but at a competitive level, 2-4 is what is usual..

robbierocket

Below are scripts taken from 2 scenes in UNFORGIVEN (1992), a qulity film directed by and starring Clint Eastwood. I believe these are relevant to the stick sensitivity debate.

The script does enough to relay a part of my point.

Mid-film, Gene Hackman's LITTLE BILL talking with Saul Rubinek's BEAUCHAMP.

INT CELL

(BEAUCHAMP is sitting at the table with a writing pad in front of him. LITTLE BILL is sprawled

out on a bench across from him while BOB lies in his cell on the bunk)

BEAUCHAMP

Actually, then, Mr. Corchran was faster on the draw

than The Duck--- than E--English Bob

LITTLE BILL

Faster? Faster was his mistake. If he hadn't been in such a

god damned hurry, he wouldn't have shot himself in the toe

with that first shot, he would have killed ol' Bob.

Look, son, being a good shot, being quick with a pistol,

that don't do no harm, but it don't mean much next to being

cool headed. A man who will keep his head and not get rattled

under fire, like as not, he'll kill you.

BEAUCHAMP

But if the other fella is quicker and fires first---

LITTLE BILL

then he'll be hurrying and he'll miss. Look here

(stands up and pulls his pistol)

That's about as fast as I can draw and aim and hit anything

more than ten feet away, unless it's a barn.

BEAUCHAMP

But if he doesn't miss?

LITTLE BILL

Then he'll kill you.

(laughs)

That's why there's so few dangerous men around like old Bob.

Like me. It ain't so easy to shoot a man anyhow, especially

if the son-of-a-***** is shooting back at you. I mean,

that'll just flat rattle some folks.

(both laugh)

Almost the final scene, Clint Eastwood's MUNNY and Saul Rubinek's BEAUCHAMP.

BEAUCHAMP

(picking up his bag and slinging it over his shoulder)

Who, uh... Who'd you kill first?

MUNNY

Huh?

BEAUCHAMP

When confronted by superior numbers an experienced gunfighter will always fire on

the best shot first.

MUNNY

Is that so.

BEAUCHAMP

Yeah, Little Bill told me that. You probably killed him first, didn't you?

MUNNY

I was lucky in the order, but I've always been lucky when it comes to killing folks.

I use default settings and find that there are several factors that happen before or during engagements that effect the outcome, I work on putting those to my favour and ultimately, survival.

WiseguyFTL

I use 3 sensitivity, I feel like 2 is too low and when I get shot from the back I'm usually dead, with 3 I can turn around and have a chance to kill him. High sensitivities aren't for me, it's hard to get long range SMG shots on a high sensitivity, however I have played on 8 when I used to snipe back in mw2, and for sniping high sensitivity is definitely better, as you need to be faster than the opponent to stand a chance.

If you're already having problems aiming, you should stick to a low (3-4) sensitivity. If you find you get killed from the back too often, use a higher sensitivity (or even better, learn the spawns xD)

carlos.-

I've been playing since CoD 4.. i personally prefer 2 or 3 sensitivity.. When you first use it, it'll be slow as hell but you get used to it.. I have more gun control when I'm using a lower sensitivity.. but thats just me..

Ebn

When I went from CRT TV to a LCD TV I noticed the input lag. This made the response time frustratingly slow and the cause of losing many one on ones. Banging the sensitivity up to 9 compensated for this greatly (10 just seemed too much for me ). If you have the patience stick with it. It'll improve your game. Once you get used to it and reset that old muscle memory.