42 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 2:45 PM by PeteyLew RSS

What's with all the asshattery about K/D in objective games?

So much fail is around. FFA and Team Camp Match can be won by hiding in corners, which takes no skill. I only play Dom because to win, you have to get kills, as well as hold the objective. I have a 2.97 K/D and a 93% win ratio, so I must be doing something right to have a high K/D and W/L, as my stats show. People just don't get that to keep someone from capturing a flag or planting a bomb, you have to kill them, and if you're too busy respawning, that won't be happening. Why won't people stop trying fruitlessly argue that K/D shouldn't be in objective games? I don't play Team Camp Match or Camp Confirmed because the game can be won by corner champing, which is only done by the unskilled and doucheful.

• Re: What's with all the asshattery about K/D in objective games?

Too many people dont PTFO, and instead will finish with 10 kills, 2 deaths, 0 caps. How is that helping your team? If you can play the objective, get kills and get the win, I see nothing wrong with that.

People who play KC and either kill someone CQC and dont move the five feet to pick up the tag, or worse the ones who will run PAST tags, are a different story entirely. Your job is to pick up the tags to win. In KC you have to continually play the objective.

That5What5Up

Team camp match?

Camp confirmed?

Dont forget:

campenary

camp for all

campination

camp war

campolition

campotage

headcampers

camp the flag

camp & destroy

and, my favorite,

camp zone

I find it funny that people cry about other people crying.

But seriously. Its not the people who cap a flag, and defend it. Its the people who run past all flags tos et up a spawn trap.

Or my fav (like last night) we won 5 games in a row while one guy on the other team kept saying "I have a beter KD than you whole team". This was teh guy who sat in a corner and went 20-6 with just under 1500 pts while every1 on my team (was only 5 of us) had over 3k and the win.

When we said "This is Dom, not TDM. You lost. Again." he came back with the usual. "Well I dont care, Im just here to finish my guns." Those are the peopel every1 hates. Non team playing jackoffs who dont care about the game but only join for themselves. The people who camp an enemies flag waiting for them to spawn on it while his team has 1 flag and is losing 100-30. Those are the people who are complained about.

Not the people who kill and play the objectives. Nothing wrong with them.

Cheezbrger

You must be really good.

I wish I could be as good as you.

harlemscrippin

Exactly Salemln said, I don't care about people who get lots of kills but aim to win

As I said in my post an hour ago, its the people that only want to take advantage of people trying to win by just sitting in corners not caring about the objective, just as long as they can say to their friends at the end of the night....My K/D ratio is xxx and better than everybody on my list

D4nth3m4n

If you play in a team against randoms all you have to do is cap 2 flags and then camp the objectives or set up a perimeter around the team as the spawns are eaily trapped. You should be then winning 90% of your games and 5 in a row with great k/ds. Randoms dont seem to give a fudge.

Comparing stats playing in a team and playing mercenary is like night and day for obvious reasons.

CODNoob12

I agree with the premise that there are too many people who care more about K/D in objective games rather than securing/defending the objectives themselves. I am, admittedly, new to the game. And when I started playing MW3 and got into Domination, I was confused, since I am a "random" and it seemed that Domination was a fun game, provided you actually played to the spirit of the match type.

The truth is, as I see it, is you need people on every team who know how to get kills. I am not one of them. I have a paltry K/D, so I currently stick to trying to offer support, both literally with my class selection and also with my method of play. That means to secure/defend two objectives and try not to die a million times each match.

However, I do have an issue, a little bit, with being on randomized teams where a fair % of the squad is there just to camp and boost their K/D. I've been on several teams/lobbies where I'll finish something like 12/19 k/d but 2nd or 3rd in points for my team, while the dude with the most kills goes 45/5 and we lose. This seems to happen semi-often, in fact. Objective-based games lend themselves to campers very easily, obviously, since they know a general vicinity where to be. I don't have a problem with that if they are supporting the cause, but too often, they are just parading around the maps looking for kills, securing one objective, the first, and that's it. That I do have an issue with, noob or not.

First off, the title of this post literally made me laugh out loud. The use of the term asshattery is something i'd never heard previously, and find it pretty funny when applied to this situation.

On a serious note, i tend to agree with the OP. People boast about their KDR in objective based games as if its an indicator of skill level of some sort... which is a joke. Anyone can achieve a high KDR with the right amount of camping and disregard for objectives. Only those who truly lack skill come to objective style games to 'kill whore' or w/e its called.

Funny part is, those who talk about their high KDR are usually those who are the losing team and claim having such a high one negates the fact they lost. Personally, ill keep my somewhat decent KD with a high win loss ratio as opposed to the opposite. If i wanted to worry about kill death ratio's i'd be playing TDM.

Bottom line? Those who brag about their KD in objective games fail to understand logic, and more times than not are completely ignorant and therefore useless to reason with. I mute them and thank them for the easy win and go about my day.

Rage at my connection issues has already ruined my W/L. KD is all I have left! Dont take that from me.

MUPHinATHONG

As it has been mentioned already, it isn't the people who finish with a good K/D and the win that pisses domination players off. It's the people who finish with a good K/D, and show no effort to capture an objective. And then back in the lobby they are proclaiming that they are the king of Call of Duty because they have a high K/D and can't win a game.

I play only by myself (or occasionally with 1 or 2 people) because it seems that any time I play with friends, I always run a 2-3 bar connection. When I'm by myself, I run 4 bars. Moving past that, I always finish on 1 or 2 on the scoreboard. I win 60% of my matches and pretty much every time that I lose is because I have 1 or 2 jackasses on my team that are not playing the objective. If I have 22 kills, and I'm scoring higher than the guy with 43 kills, there is something wrong with their playstyle.

Also OP, due to the fact that you only play with a party, it isn't uncommon for you to win 90+% of your matches, and have a high K/D. Not bashing, but next time, you don't have to come on and brag about your K/D and W/L.. Just saying.

jwaller123

MUPHinATHONG wrote:

As it has been mentioned already, it isn't the people who finish with a good K/D and the win that pisses domination players off. It's the people who finish with a good K/D, and show no effort to capture an objective. And then back in the lobby they are proclaiming that they are the king of Call of Duty because they have a high K/D and can't win a game.

Very well said. I run into to many of these players than I care for.

biron_w

Until devs learnt that they need to remove k/d completely from objective games then people are still going to get their k/d up by playing them.

And by completely remove I mean completely. Not even have it count towards their overall k/d.

The problem with this game is that the scoreboards only show k/d rather than captures/bomb plants/bomb defuses etc.

myevo8you

To OP, the people we all complain about are the ones who ENTIRELY ignore any objective in the objective game.

Here is a example so you my TRY to wrap your narrow minded point of view around it

Guy 1 finishes with 7 caps, 5 defends, 15 kills, 9 deaths

Guy 2 finishes with 0 caps, 0 defends, 25 kills, 3 deaths

Which guy is the better OBJECTIVE player? Answer Guy 1.

Guy 2 is a TDM/FFA player playing in a game mode to pad a stat that makes himself feel "better" because his K/D is high.

Guy 2 is USUALLY the type of player that when they do play TDM/FFA they can barely scrape a positive score. They HAVE to go to objective games to make their K/D's look better.

Now my suggestion would be to remove kills/deaths completely from all the objective gamemodes except for search and destroy. You would still get points for kills, but very minimal. Say every kill is 10 points, capping a flag/doing objective is 300 points.

IW/SH failed miserably by not adding the actual objective scores part of the scoreboard in this game. I mean seriously, in Black Ops you could see, in game, who was doing what and plan accordingly.

bo2000

what's ASSHATTERY?

Everything you said in the OP can be applied to domination. Capture the flags, camp. Dont capture the flags, camp. People camp in every game mode, period.

That5What5Up

Listen, as long as fpses like cod, campers will be around.  I've said this before; IW attacked camping like SOPA attacked piracy.  It didnt solve the problem and it introduced a lot more, in the form of shoddy maps and (synonym for bad) spawns.  You cannot kill camping, it is viewed by many (perhaps not by you guys, but by many campers including me) as a legitimate gametype, and we will continue playing this way as long as people try for objectives.

jwaller123

I have seen the OP's Domination stats and must say they are pretty good. He has over 5,400 caps with around 69,000 kills.No, I am not in his clan or on his friends list, He replied to a post that I made yesterday about domination stats, so thats how I know.  I don't think the original post was to stroke his ego. It was simply to state that people should play the objective. At least that's how I read it. I as well as much of the community dislike people who go to domination to kill whore. That is what TDM is for. I will always go for the objective in any game mode. Kill Confirmed.....I will get tags. Team Defender...I try to hold the flag. S & D...you got it...I go for the plant if I have the bomb. Domination....Love this game mode and yes you guessed it...I cap flags. People kill whore more in domination because the game lasts a long time and they can rack up tons of killstreaks. If they had a game mode that catered to this type of play then I think domination would be alot different.

They do its called Headquarters. Too bad core HQ sucks. if all the OP is saying is "capture the objective" then I believe the proper response is "send me 60 bucks and I will play your way for a week."

I also don't know why people think that those who post good stats are only waving their epeen around. People always ask for stats as proof, and then turn around and say that you're just trying to flex on the internet. Kids these days.

jwaller123

Some are only trying to wave their epeen around. I have a .97 k/d and am happy with it. I play the game mode how the game mode is supposed to be played. Judging by your stats in my other post, you do as well. I have no problem with people stating thier K/D's as long as the other stats add up as well. If someone says I play domination 100% of the time and have 5.0 k/d with 200 caps......well.....you get the idea. Lol It's these type of players in domination that get me raging. They expect me to carry them to the win and they yell when no one is capping the flags. I just say...Well sir, come out of your corner and help then. In fact, I played a couple games of dom on Black Ops today and followed a non capper around just shooting periodically. I got him killed quite a bit. He quickly caught on and started capping flags, and viola...no more of me following him around. Lol.

most COD players don't have any skill so they resort to hiding in corners to get easy kills and then they have the nerve to call it skill, lol.  Most are very afraid to hurt their K/D ratio.  Most of the people on my friends list will not play anything other than HC deathmatch because they say playing Dom or HQ or whatever will hurt their K/D, even though as a team together we would win 99% of the time, but they are too scared to hurt their K/D. 

It's pretty pathetic.  Why I hardly ever play this game, well besides the lag, that killed it first.

Just wanted to point out the extreme hypocricy in this thread. OP was reset for boosting.

I assume the archives hold many gem-like threads and posts like this one.

Payback is a b*tch, huh?