1 258 259 260 261 262 Previous Next 12,156 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 5:44 PM by iif0xh0undii Go to original post RSS
  • 2,590. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

bo2000 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Theater shows the exact state of the world that server fram as seen by the server.

This is definitely correct, except your first person view may be local. That's why if you look at theater recordings, it can look as if you missed the shot, but you still get the kill. It's very obvious if you look at sniper kills.

• 2,591. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

You're a PSN moderator? Glad I don't have to play on your network.

Report me and I'll ban you? Really? Somebody's on a power trip.

• 2,592. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

intelitek wrote:

You're a PSN moderator? Glad I don't have to play on your network.

Report me and I'll ban you? Really? Somebody's on a power trip.

He's quoting a message that appeared on his screen while he was playing MW2.

• 2,593. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

gioboom wrote:

bo2000 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Theater shows the exact state of the world that server fram as seen by the server.

This is definitely correct, except your first person view may be local. That's why if you look at theater recordings, it can look as if you missed the shot, but you still get the kill. It's very obvious if you look at sniper kills.

Nope.

Missed sniper shots that actually hit happen because of the HUGE hitboxes for sniper rifles and broken hit detection. You can sweep your crosshairs over the person after taking the shot and that'll cause it to register as a hit.

It's all local. It's the same data you receive while you play, it's just saved on your HDD. So if it appears that I get instantly killed by a PP90M1, the same thing is seen in Theater, no matter if I look it in 1st person, 3rd person or free cam. Killcam is what shows what happened according to the server.

• 2,594. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes

djam, compare footage that was recorded while playing with footage that was recorded from theater. There's a huge difference.

Example of theater recording:

Whenever the target is moving it looks like he has missed.

• 2,595. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

bo2000 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

bo2000 wrote:

G IH A IN ID II wrote:

Theater shows the exact state of the world that server fram as seen by the server. There is no lag 'compensation' at play in theater. lag compensation occcurs when client status updates are received at differrin intervals by the server on client machines.

Cheers,

G IH A IN ID II

so the theater (first person view) is representative for what? my gameplay or my gameplay as perceived by the host? I thought theater is just local recording but if I actually can see host facts I have to go throu a view clips again.

theatre isnt a recording per se,

when you get an update from the host or you input action all that infomation is stored basically as a glorified text file. Easiest way to imagine it is a constantly being written to film script..

when you "play back" a theatre file all your console is doing is acting out the script into the game engine. The only time it actually becomes a real video file is when you then upload it (render) it to youtube .

As what you see on your screen is a result of the various behind the curtain systems used in lag comp everyones "replay" of a certian event will look slightly different the most obvious example being the dreaded killcam isnt the same as what you saw on your screen scenerio.

thanks maccabi but I wrote recording instead of capturing or rendering because it is actually recording the match and I know that those small files are not videostreams but gamedata like vectors and events. I'm also aware that certain physics behave different everytime you play it back. my question remains unanswered as I would like to know if this data represents the game as I seen it while playing or if it represents the game as the host has "seen" it. This would be interesting as it would provide some kind of evidence as opposed to Black Ops theater where we were told it's not representative.

its neither its exactly as ghandi said its what the server saw NOT the host although the hosts console is the server the two are seperate entities, what you have to remember is EVERYONES (player and hosts) gamestate is slightly different .you cannot use theatre as evidence of anything, the only way you could have a video of evidence would be to use a hdpvr

Using my film script anology again.. if you gave the same script to 10 different producers and said make this film you would have 10 different films all showing the basic facts but not always the same way ..theatre in game is the same. test this yourself go into a game with a freind both have theatre on and record the same kill (granted one will be 3rd person) ..but you'll see your two "versions" differ slightly or vastly if you have effecs involved like smoke or flashbangs /explosions ect

• 2,596. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    dirtycallahan

still atleast give people the option to turn it off and let them decide for themselves if it is "too difficult" i didnt think black ops was too hard when i had it turned off.

• 2,597. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

maccabi wrote:

its neither its exactly as ghandi said its what the server saw NOT the host although the hosts console is the server the two are seperate entities, what you have to remember is EVERYONES (player and hosts) gamestate is slightly different .you cannot use theatre as evidence of anything, the only way you could have a video of evidence would be to use a hdpvr

Using my film script anology again.. if you gave the same script to 10 different producers and said make this film you would have 10 different films all showing the basic facts but not always the same way ..theatre in game is the same. test this yourself go into a game with a freind both have theatre on and record the same kill (granted one will be 3rd person) ..but you'll see your two "versions" differ slightly or vastly if you have effecs involved like smoke or flashbangs /explosions ect

but host has to be unique as the server judges over to hot or not to hit. so this compared to each players individual perception which has to be of some use.

• 2,598. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    maccabi

bo2000 wrote:

maccabi wrote:

but host has to be unique as the server judges over to hot or not to hit. so this compared to each players individual perception which has to be of some use.

you need to lose the host=server mindset they aren't equal or the same thing past being both on one console. The host player still has the same rules( want of a better word) placed on it as the other players

• 2,599. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Title Update and Hot Fix Notes
    bo2000

maccabi wrote:

you need to lose the host=server mindset they aren't equal or the same thing past being both on one console. The host player still has the same rules( want of a better word) placed on it as the other players

ok so the host is the 13th player then. still it's the instance watching and judgung the game, right?