17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 9:43 AM by Izjar11 RSS

Seperating "Good" MW3 Players from "Bad" MW3 Players

I made it to 10th Prestige level 80 in less than 2 months of the release date of Modern Warfare 3. Does that make me a "good" MW3 player? I don't think so. I have a respectable 1.38 KDR and 1.42 WLR. I play mostly Hardcore Kill Confirmed. I don't credit myself with my KD or my WL ratios. I credit my clan with those ratios. Sure I could "camp" and sacrifice my W/L ratio only to better my K/D ratio. But that would not help my team win games. Which is everyones' ambition. WIN. I have a 1.85 KDR in FFA. That does not justify my skills in Team based game modes. I rely on my team a lot for UAVs, Air Support, and Anti-Air Support. As I'm sure they do me as well. But my point is.. There are not truly "Good" or "Bad" player. Only inexperienced. Give and inexperienced "NOOB" enough time to play the game and you may just be surprised at how well he/she does. We have all been inexperienced at whatever online multi player game we started on. Unless of course you are a prodigy. If you agree that's great. If not, agree to disagree.

• Re: Seperating "Good" MW3 Players from "Bad" MW3 Players

....... So this topic was about not calling new players N00BS am i correct?

And could you perhaps split the text so that it's easier to read.

robbierocket

I thought NOOB was taken from newby which means new person/player.

Am I wrong?

As for the whole good/band thing, I will say that in MW3 there is more randomness and less reward for strategy, skill, experience than there was for earlier CODs.

Look, I haven't even mentioned K/D ratio...

(whoops, dang)

As for randomness. Blame that on teammates running into the enemy spawn and causing them to spawn behind you. If you want to play a game mode that awards Strategy, Skill, and Experience then try playing Search and Destroy. That is probably the only team based game mode that one person can apply those three attributes to and win. K/D ratios are fun to look at and another way of showing experience progression but most people seem to undermine W/L ratio compared to K/D ratio. Any skilled/experienced player can have a great K/D ratio but the only way to maintain a great W/L ratio is to play with reliable teammates on a regular basis. < excluding FFA, of course.

lol. no. I could care less if you call new people to MW3 or any Call of Duty franchise a NOOB.

I think all inexperienced players should go through the same hazing everyone has gone

through that was new to an online video game. I just think if you see potential in some one

try to encourage them to keep playing.Haze the noobs,by all means. But don't discredit a nice

shot.Good sportsmanship is a rare occurance is the online community. And we could

always use more encouragement.

robbierocket

Good Sportsmanship is fast-becoming a rare quality in FPS game developing giants.

agreed. If only there were more people that possessed that quality. Good Sportsmanship. I understand getting upset after taking a loss, especially when you feel like you should have won. But if more people were good sportsmen the online community would be a little more bearable. I'm not saying I want it to be rainbows and sunshine, I mean we're playing a game killing each other. It would just be much easier to make friends and less conflicts when someone call you name because you shot them in the head for the game winning kill cam.

Justin_IRE

Completly agree.. very rare to kill someone with "style" and hear them saying.. "oh nice shot" or "class" etc..

And im always the first to admit a decent shot/ or a skill Kill as I call it (yes that me laughing and saying "ha Nice one.." when you kill me)

In a way they should set up beginner lobbies.. or "same class" lobbies to avoid Pro's destroying new players...

(but far to many players love the chance to just go up against new/ inexperienced players just to get that 80-2 k/d)

That would be nice. But there are always people out there that will create new accounts just to feel like a skilled player, just to beat up on inexperienced players. I think MW3 is a great game. It may not be for everyone. It's fast paced and you'll almost always find yourself in a gunfight, which is something I love about it. But there are more than a few people who feel it is a bad game in some way. If most of those people would have started playing online when Call of Duty 4 launched, they may have a different opinion of MW3.

I play for fun and couldnt give a **** about any stats you may or may not have

If i play team games i expect teamwork ,when people dont that pisses me off

only thing that separate's good players and bad players is who the lag wants to let win lol but in my eyes just because sum1 is high prestige does not make them good it just shows u have no life, its like bragging about being on the mw3 leader boards any tard can be first if all they do is put in time in the game, this is not a stab at u for being 10th P. im about to be on 9th so im not far behind lol

dalger22

1.38 is not a respectable k/d....just saying.

dalger22 wrote:

1.38 is not a respectable k/d....just saying.

K/D doesn't mean jack **** in this game. What they need to do is create a skill score, so that the k/d of each weapon is multiplied by the percentage of overall use of the gun....

Right now, I have a 1.24 - A pretty bad K/D according to your standards, right? However I also rarely use good weapons in the game. I recently began using the silenced Spas for gameplays. I run around with pistols.

Trust me - I know that I'm fully capable of holding a high k/d. I used to go to MLG events for CS1.6 and my team was invited onto the circuit. I got burnt out on gaming so I turned down the offer, but trust me. I'm a good player if I go try-hard. Except that it bores me to death.

I'm sure that many are in the same boat. Personally, I don't want to be in a full party using a silenced ACR with kick without moving from the same spot all game. I use guns like the PM9 and if I don't get the Nomad award at the end of a match, I don't consider it upload-worthy.

crossfire-roadster

I'm with you sml, I could care less about my k/d or w/l for that matter.  I've never cared about those stats since COD4.  I play the game, try my best to win and that's it.  I've used all the guns in every COD I've played.

I am not in a clan so I always play with randoms going between domination, mercenary and FFA. My k/d on all cods is usually around 1.3 which is fine with me as long as I'm getting more kills than deaths I'm happy with that.  My w/l is around .40 because I am constantly leaving matches when I'm forced to be the host which is the majority of the time.  I'm constantly leaving and joining new lobbies due to the host issue.

I have gone into FFA since COD4 and screwed around with knifing only, pistol only, throwing knife only, tomahawk only, crossbow only, no-scope only which sometimes turns out pretty bad in regards to my k/d.  But you know what it's fun especially when you have other people in the lobby having fun and laughing about it.

In black ops I did a little experiment, using an old account I equipped the famas and played a little more defensively in domination.  I kept a solid 2.5 k/d with that account.  So you can't tell how good a person is based solely on their overall k/d. 

rwcgillam

As long as the game continues to spawn me in front of 2 or 3 of the enemy players, sometimes right in front of the person that just killed me, AND as long as lag continues to be an issue, I will consider a 1.38 KD to be very respectable. 

Izjar11

I disagree that you and i agree! ? ?? You are a team player and your stats are always positive, so having someone with positive stats is a great thing. Now I've been playing with certain friends since MW and one particular friend just never improved from his 1.15 K/D, we went through MW2, BOPS and now MW3 and still he is the "bad" player.