24 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2012 8:12 AM by HardwithStyle RSS

Blind eye seems legit

HardwithStyle

Fix it IW.. I had specalist before it even started shooting at me, then bam im dead? Really..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E6naGz4QuY

• Re: Blind eye seems legit

wtf just happend b.s

robbierocket

Totally disagree that this was an error based on your video footage.

1. Did the chopper shoot at you AFTER you acquired all perks?

- yes, I think you're right, but it's marginally after.

2. Did the chopper acquire you as the NEXT target BEFORE you acquired all perks?

- it must have, in game physics based on a semi-simulation should dictate that the chopper has to acquire you as a target and turn its guns before shooting, this happened moments before it shot.

3. Did the chopper acquire you as a VIABLE target BEFORE you acquired all perks?

- definitely. The picking order of actual targets for a chopper is to do with proximity or threat, and even though it had not shot at you when it first appeared it may have registered you.

In any case you acquired all perks AFTER the chopper arrived. It physically was over your head at a point in time when you had no Blind Eye.

I think that Blind Eye must be in use the whole time from when a chopper approaches the map until when it leaves. I know if it was a manually controlled killstreak, just because the "red box" disappears does not mean that many people would not still see the soldier or fire in that direction, and this is because the red box WAS there. The computer AI should be applauded for following up a red box disappearing.

robbierocket

Oh and your thread title is misleading. I think you mean, "illegitimate" which implies "unauthorised/incorrect".

HardwithStyle

The titles being Kinda sarcastic, most people will know what i mean when i say it lol.

robbierocket

Alright, well I'm just one person and not most people. I'm curious as to what you thought of my response though.

?

HardwithStyle

I was working on that, and im watching it in theater again i want to check one thing, the thing is it Had not started to shoot until i had blind eye, now if it did manage to spot me beforehand, why did it still shoot?

I can still see this as needing to be fixed if thats the case imo, your perk should take immediate effect when you earn it, so i was undectable by air support it shouldnt continue to mow me down seconds after i earn the perk, now if it did lock on beforehand it still makes me wonder, because it had a clear shot on me the entire time i was in the creek, which makes me think, why did it wait till this point in time, after i had blind eye, to shoot me. The fact i earnt blind eye should deter the fact that it "locked on".

You may think im just saying this cause i dont like it but imo the wording of the perk "Undectacable by air support and sentries" Should include the fact you can't be shot while having the perk, Now i know if you run infront of someone being shot by a turret or air support while byou have blind eye it will hit you, but no one was around me, and it had a clear shot from when i just got to the end of the creek as i said, but it didn't take a shot until i had all perks, and was running in a different direction, Maybe it did just lock on beforehand, but i still think it shouldn't be able to kill you if you have aqquired the perk.

robbierocket

It did shoot at you, there's no point adding unnecessary doubts into your post. That is clear. But why did it shoot at you?

You say, the perk acquisition should cancel it's shooting at you.

I say, there must be a point in time that the AI calculates that you are not a target and that time is not instantly as you acquire the perk, but at some point between A and B.

Where A = enemy player flicking control pad button to call in chopper

and B = when you acquire the Blind Eye perk.

i think that if it started to fire, then you acquire the perk, then it stops, that would be silly. I also think that lag could have played a small part. Most of all however I believe in what I said before. If you start from spawn with Blind Eye OR acquire the perk, all enemy air support CALLED IN AFTER spawn with perk OR acquisition of perk should not see you.

Acquiring it in the process of being tracked as you run beneath a chopper which is processing you as a threat, targeting you and about to fire - IN MY OPINION - should not cancel the attack AND that it shoots you dead in this scenario is not a game glitch, error or fail. What it is, is a reason to employ Blind Eye as one of your first 3 perks (or next 3) or suffer the disadvantage of not doing that under someone who does.

Open for discussion, not a total fail.

in my opinion, it's bang on correct.

HardwithStyle

Thing is, it never shot at me until i had the perk in the first place, im not adding unnessacary doubts i'm just pointing out it did not shoot at all, until after i had blind eye.

I think it would be silly too if it fired you got perk and it stopped, but thats not the case here and thats not exactly what i meant, if its in the process of locking on, and you get the perk, it shouldn't lockon. But thats just my opinion. And blind eye isn't really one of the things i would run in the first 3, sometimes i would but usally they enemy team isn't calling in much air support, unless my team sucks lol.

I understand exactly where your coming from, i just don't think it should be able to start shooting, if you have the perk at that point in time, which i did, so iduno everyone will have a different view on this, i just don't think its right to die after earning something that should protect you from what killed you.

Justin_IRE

Sorry to disagree.. but the chopper had you locked before you got the kill for specalist if you pause at 1:03 you'll see you running towards the ememy player, while the chopper is locked onto you.. (thats why the killcam is following you) its the chopper already locked on..

T'was as they say tough luck

damn that would piss me off man, iv been stacking a bunch of fail clips for a failtage this would have been perfect lol

It had targeted you

Your expecting a tiny split second to be recognised ,with a game with so many issues you cant be serious

Thesandman

Not related to this video i know,but i hate it when ive blindeye and a team mate hasnt got it and if he gets shot by airsupport so do i because im close to him, or if im running within the range of a sentry gun and a non blindeye team mate runs between me and sentry gun and i end up being killed. Off topic i know,but thot id share.

i think the attack chopper proberly had already locked on to you before you gained blindeye but i do agree with you when you say it need fixing because i use it all the time and still get killed of sentry guns and attack choppers.