21 Replies Latest reply: Feb 3, 2012 5:47 PM by trialstardragon RSS

dumbing down guns???? WTF

how about you fix the problem with glare on the hybrid sight insted of screwing with and continuing to under power the weapons... if you keep geting killed maybe this isnt the game for you!

• Re: dumbing down guns???? WTF
    trialstardragon

You mean the bloom effect when looking in the direction of a light source?

technical

I don't know what are you talking about. Currently, the shotguns are getting overbuffed. Couple this with tiny maps, we're going to get about 75% shotgunners every game.

I use shotguns a lot. They're fine. SPAS-12 is almost all time one-hit kill.

anoreo

Overbuffed? Pfffffft. Say that to my FMG9 akimbo. I think he wants to have a few words with you. They're the primary reason shotguns will never have an advantage over snipers and LMG users-they just whip them out and they are now suddenly on par with shotguns. In CoD 4 and WaW, you had to rely on Overkill for a good automatic secondary.

trialstardragon

LOL, shotguns can easily outclass the fmg's if used correctly. the fmg does have a weakness.

trialstardragon

Yes I am serious, but I guess you never learned that simple fact. The fmg's are not all powerful and they can be beat even in short range by other weapons. So no they are not OP and never were. Just very easy to use and that does not make them OP.

fantasmo

I really am just shaking my head at your recent post, they are clearly OP, the devs know it and talk BS about nerfing them. They destroy anything close range, even striker spammers can barely compete and you have to have atleast 2 shots pumped into them.

I don't understand what logic you funtion off, your posts are just idiotic (began with the AK-47 isnt weak)

trialstardragon

You are just idiotic and have no learning ability if you can not understand that the guns are not OP just easy to use and they can be beat by any other gun in game if the player has the right abilities and uses the gun as it can be used.

anoreo

"LOL, shotguns can easily outclass the fmg's if used correctly. the fmg does have a weakness."

Okay, I'll flip this around on you. The FMG9 easily outclasses the shotguns if used correctly. If I applied the same amount of skill and care to the FMG and a shotgun, they are almost equals.

trialstardragon

If used correctly yes. and that is the key point of issue. Not everyone has the ability to use shotguns as they are meant to be used in this game. The fmg's are just easy to use, not OP. And it is not the FMG that is the problem but how akimbo gives bonuses to 'any' weapon in this game that is akimboed.

I can spam out akimbo pistols and kill people with them at close range faster then the shotguns can. So I guess akimbo pistols are OP then too.

The akimbo shotguns in BO were the same way. They killed faster then the singles did, and they should. Any akimbo weapon should kill faster then any single weapon in the game. Because they fire out twice as many rounds so do twice the damage in the same time period. And that does not make them OP. Just easy to use.

iamhollywood5

trialstardragon wrote:

if used correctly.

if I had a dime for every time you used that phrase....

oh well, it's just an over-used phrase, not an over-powered phrase.

iamhollywood5

EDGEKRUSHER wrote:

how about you fix the problem with glare on the hybrid sight insted of screwing with and continuing to under power the weapons... if you keep geting killed maybe this isnt the game for you!

wait.... say that again?

Exactly what weapons have been "under powered"?

Not a single gun has been nerfed in MW3 yet.  Certain things have been tweaked, but nothing has been changed enough to be considered a nerf.

the MK14 has been strait screwed with, and if ur running a supresser.... come on... even the MSR if you get a head or chest shot they should be a kill but i have been having to dump 4+ shots for a kill and on top of that (given, I dont know if its a lag problem or not) I had to dump a full can on the MK46 and it didnt kill,,, you cant tell me that they are not nerfing... you can almost see the roung come out of the supresser and fall out of the end!

anoreo

No nerfs? What about the Striker? It went from 9 pellets to 6. Granted, it hasn't done much to it.

iamhollywood5

Stiker was not nerfed.  It always shot 6 pellets.  The extended mags glitch made it shoot 9, but that was a glitch that worked for all shotguns and it is now removed, leaving the Striker exactly as it was before the patch without extended mags glitch.  Nothing else was changed on it.