11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 3:54 PM by atiredoldguy RSS

Does anyone use thermal scope in MW3

sachinvats

Does any one use thermal scope in MW3, if yes which guns are best to use it?

• Re: Does anyone use thermal scope in MW3
    trialstardragon

I love the thermal on my RSASS. Even if a person is using Assasin Pro I can still see them easily because they are now black against the background. Which sticks out just as bad as white does on most maps. And on Outpost an assasin player is even easier to spot at that time then non are with thermal.

Still I wish the thermal was like BF3 thermal where it was orange instead. Would make players even easier to see on many of the maps.

I use it on snipers as a way to get weapon xp. I wish there was a button to turn it on and off like how you switch from the scopes with HAMR scope. I love the therm when I am emp'd.

nuttin2say

I've used it on both the M4A1 and the M16. Its not a scope you want to use regularly on the M4A1. On the M16 it works pretty good ... but it depends on the map. Maps where the view is "foggy?" like Outpost it worked pretty damm good. As weird as this sounds, I liked it with Hardline and an SMG (I like the MP5 - I'm weird that way). The reason is because either Blind Eye or Assassin users (forget which) silhouettes don't light up in the thermal scope. You can still make them out, but not very well. Using HL, if I saw the "ghost" image of one approaching, I'd switch to my second primary real quick.

Summary - Not good on the M4A1 at all ... Pretty good on the M16 on "low vision" maps.

creaper21

Assassin blocks them, so no.

Besides, it feels like it's harder to aim when I have a thermal scope on. I don't know if the scope actually does something to make the aiming more 'rough' or if it's just in my head, but it was the same in MW2 as well.

nuttin2say

creaper21 wrote:

Assassin blocks them, so no.

Besides, it feels like it's harder to aim when I have a thermal scope on. I don't know if the scope actually does something to make the aiming more 'rough' or if it's just in my head, but it was the same in MW2 as well.

I knew one of the two blocked thermal scopes. You can still see the person just like you can see objects in the scope, just not very well. That's why I ran with a Hardline class because trying to pop an Assassin user with the thermal scope was just an effort in futility.

I do agree that aiming with them is harder. Close to medium range? Forget it. The thermal is going to get you spanked hard. Long range, though, the thermal worked pretty good - but only only low visibility maps.

Gerbera

Yeah, I use Thermal primarily as a sniper as well. Sometimes on an Assault Rifle too. Haven't really tried it on other things though.

It also works well on more open maps like Bakaara and such where there are bigger spaces people run through, so even if they're using Assassin (Pro), they stand out easily.

I heard that the L86 with the Thermal is supposed to be awesome or something

lorianguy

I almost religiously use it on my Baratte .50cal.

It's great, and assassins are easy to spot.

atiredoldguy

I have been trying to get 1000 kills with all primaries before I prestige.

I usually pick the thermal last to complete challenges, but then leave it on until I hit level 31.

Almost every ar and lmg make half way decent sniper weapons with a thermal and silencer.

Acogs are ok, but the thermal gives more of an obstructed view in the killcam, alowing you to stay put a little longer.