19 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 12:01 PM by Lunartrick79 RSS

DEMOLITION:why did the spawns change

hello fellow cod players....

i logged on to play MW3 this morning and notice that the demolition game type hade changed a big deal

demo is the only game type i play becuse of the spawns i hate all other game types becuse people spawn all over the place insted of on their side of the map like demo once was i am realy ticked off about this and may be returning my copy of mw3 asap this is unacceptable on their part how could thay mess up such a good game type their has not been any changes to demolition in the last 3 cods but i notice that trayarc did change the spawns on black ops for jungle as well demo is too much like team D now cant stand the fact that the enemy can spawn behind me at any moment demo is never going to be the same and it sucks. domation may be the only game type were you willl have a clue were your enemy spawns... im sure people were complaining about being spawn killed but it would be reasonable if you have only changed the spawns on DOME since this is were all the spawn killing is done.

dose anyone feel the way i do about this ordeal and is their a disscution about changing demolition spawns if so were can i find them?

• Re: DEMOLITION:why did the spawns change

I noticed it too and was about to make a forum about it lol I'm extremely upset about it, I also only play demolition i'm ranked 3500 on the leaderboards in demo and i'm also seriously considering not playing anymore even though i just prestiged to 10.  Here's why, if you play demolition and you want your team to defend the 2 bombs, but 2 of the enemy team members runs into your spawn (on bootleg for instance) you start spawning on the other side 30 miles away from the B bomb, there goes the game for your team.  Say im in my spawn and I wanna drop a care package because i feel "safe," someone from the other team spawns next to you, kills you, and takes it.  It's getting really annoyed at how they are trying to cater to the not-so-good people on this game i.e. spawn timers, death streaks, support strike package, lag compensation, etc.  I've been a COD enthusiast since Modern Warfare, and all this "fairness" and "balance" is ruining my Call of Duty experience.  Let me get my kills dang it!!!

Completely ruined this game. What game type are they gonna give the users who liked no respawn times and sided spawns?

YA DEMOLITION RUINED...JUST PUT IT THE WAY IT WAS

yes since they changed the spawns in demo i havent had a game where it didnt end in overtime. since who ever is defending gets screwed beyond belief when ever one opponent gets in their spawn. this is bullshit demo is the only game type i play, i play because the spawns arent ****** up and they have two sides. now im stuck waiting for them to fix it god knows when that will be, and i cant sell it cause i bought elite which the only reason i did was for clan events which still arent out. im so glad they know what the hell  their doing.

Just wated to thank Activision for ruining the only gae mode me and my clan play.  I noticed the changes last night when me and my clan played.  We tried to see what we could do but the game mode is screwed....  very very disapointing.  Why would you change a game mode that has been the same for years.................  Change it back!!!!

From my experiences I am a spawn trapper myself, but I do it solo.  When there are clans who have 3 people sitting in each spawn aiming down their sights that is not very skillful.  If the players who talk about being the best are truly the best they will be able to adjust and learn the schematics of the new spawn systems.

sevillanico94

is true, herself is a F. .. but should not be so because I am Spanish and they have done is ruin the CoDmw3.

I completely agree. The whole spawnkilling problem is so exaggerated. Getting spawn-trapped is your own fault and a result of great teamwork of the opposite team(its not that easy to do!) and if you get spawn trapped you could easily leave the game. It is not like every server is filled with well organized six-men-party's who like to spawntrap. People who lack the skill not to get spawntrapped should just leave the game and enter another(i very rarely enter the same game twice in a row!). 

The current demolition spawnsystem is confusing and unfair!

Confusing since nobody knows on what side their on. I confused myself for being a defender because i spawned on that side while actually i was on the attacking side.

Unfair because attacking team now has a spawn-advantage in almost every map. Just running into defender base is enough to send the defending team away from their targets making it able for the attackers to easily take out the objectives while defenders make their way back to their base.

I seriously never got spawntrapped before the patch and i never even heard of other people that they experienced such thing. I absolutely see no purpose to change the old system into the crappy new one for such a rare 'problem' of just being the victim of superior enemy teamwork.

They changed it because of the spawn boosters.  They finally realized how little skill it takes to find the spawn points then block them off the entire game leaving the other team to respawn and die as soon as they appear.  The new spawns are exactly as they should've always been.

Its all ******* DOMES fault, why cant they just change the spawns on DOME or get rid of the ******* map, few months back i was playing against a clan and they asked me to play with them, all they did was wait until they got DOME as a map choice vote for it and spawn camp the other team, its people like this who ruined demolition for everybody. Now maps like Lockdown are ruined because you go to plant A and your defending on the stairs and then the whole damn team is behind you its impossible to constintly your 12 your 6 your 9 and your 3 i get fuckin dizzy trying to watch my ass. Defendings ruined too, the other team plants and then your spawned in the opposite corner and then there goes the damn match might as well chalk up a fuckin loss. Rant Over.

trialstardragon

It was changed to prevent spawn camp/trapping and make players have to actually try and play the game mode and not just rack of kill streaks to pad their k/dr with.

It's unplayable now.  It doesn't matter who's winning, since whoever is losing will start spawning on the objective, basically ensuring the game will go into OT.

In fact, I don't think I've had a game of Demo that HASN'T gone into OT since the patch.  I've noticed a lot of players have realized this as well, and have stopped playing the objective during the initial two rounds to build up killstreak rewards to use during OT.

trialstardragon

I have played several games and not had any go in to OT. And the enmy will only spawn at the OBJ if there is no one near to guard it to force them to spawn further away from it.

I think the random spawns is better than the old way, the only thing they should do is disable spawns at the obj for either team. Make all players spawn away from the obj by at least 100 ft or more after the first game spawn at match start.

opb81

another I agree post demo has become terrible to play since they changed the spawns

bring the old spawn system back, all my clanmembers are considering going back to black ops because of this.

Use to only play demolition, and have been a loyal cod fan since cod4! However this is the worst thing they have done. Call of Duty has gone way done and too bad now. Since MW3, with elite, and all the changes. Utter crap.Off to battlefield.

Wahh i cant spawn trap for moabs wahhhhhh. That is all you had to say.

Lunartrick79

I dont like the spawns but it gets rid of the spawn trapping.Also your ranked 3500 for demolition? im ranked 407 on xbox demolition.And if you have team mates that rush there spawn there will spawn right behind you.How do you fix this? play with a full 6 man squad and dont take 1 step into there spawn its not hard.Quit complaining and learn how to play the new demolition set up on mw3.