1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 123 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 4:58 PM by RazorliteX Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    superjoon

Wouldn't you be better off getting advice from a solicitor rather than on a public forum?

Also which part of Elite doesnt work for you? Can you log in? Does it show you your stats? Your recent games, and custom classes? If the answers are yes, then I'm afraid it works, the multiplayer also works to an extent, you can get on and play, anyway any case wouldn't be based on the multiplayer as the game is actually the single player campaign. The multiplayer is an additional which doesn't have to be offered.

• 31. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    that6uy420

and the nobodies are still correct... opinion=fact in this instance

• 32. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    maccabi

is the op mr felon sure as hell reads like him..

whine whine whine legal action whine whine whine

• 33. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    TehSpeagles

The early CoD games were marketed (as well as in the fine print) as "including multiplayer for free".  In that sense,  you're buying the SP campaign and getting multiplayer as an extra bonus.  You can't sue for something that was free, but I don't know if this clause still exists.

Also, LOL at seriously wanting to take on a mutli-billion dollar company over bad hit detection and no Drop Zone.

Literally laughing out loud right now

• 34. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

Since you are unhappy with every response, why don't you go to a place that is more suited to what you want, such as an attorney's office.  I am sure that there are many lawyers that would be happy to take your money to pursue your case.

• 35. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

Idk if you can do anything about the game. It was released as advertised. They didn't advertise how awesome it would be, they just wrapped it in hype in we all bought it. You would have no case.

HOWEVER, you may want to look into elite if its still having issues. (Didn't buy idk). Selling the product with an age limit to underage minors without any intent of allowing them to use their product is at least unethical, if not illegal. Furthermore, a lot of what they advertised did not function how they said, for ex: clan ops. You would have to look into the details and talk to a lawyer. Like I said, at the very least highly unethical, but there haven't really been any legal cases that involve game companies advertising something and then so blatently ripping people off so you may be in unknown territory as far as that goes. I'd ask a professional though, your not going to get anything particularly helpful in a public forum as you'll either be trolled or have somebody agree with you in an unhelpful way.

• 36. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

You have no case (my family member did law at uni) If you can join a mp match then it does what it says on the tin (box). If you get disconnected from said match then its either your connection or your isp. Infinity ward can change the playlists without notice. Dropzone was only a temperary playlist to test the waters. Its Infected's turn.

Regarding your behaviour on this thread: Treat people with common decency and they will treat you the same, otherwise you will recieve a warning from the forum moderators to desist leading to a ban.

• 37. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    anoreo

You may have a case with ELITE, but not the MP.

~Law student

• 38. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

I was going to and still will put a post on a class action lawsuit against them because I'm an adult over 17 and yet I get put in these matches with kid's, I can tell because they talk over the mic and at the end of the game they have such a bad score it makes Team Death Match worthless in playing! What really get's me is It say Rated M for mature on the packege and there is cursing in the game yet when I go into Team Death Match and through out a swear here and there because I was cought off guard or the match just really sucks because of the lag then what give's some under aged punk to tell me to watch my language or he'll report me and the fact that they give them the option to do so tells me they are catering to under aged kid's and sold me something I thought would have an adult level game play!! If any adult feels the same lets get or money back!!!!

• 39. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    theatriks

Online isn't rated. So the children can play online all they want, they just need someone mature to buy them the game. It'll have been against the reccomended age 'rules' if they played campaign and you caught them. :]

They give the option to report people for language because it's offensive to everyone, not just children.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next