15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 8:53 AM by thetizzleguy RSS

How to Dominate on TDM! (commentary with 45-4 gameplay)

Hello, and welcome! I hope you benefit from the tips and/or enjoy the gameplay!

• Re: How to Dominate on TDM! (commentary with 45-4 gameplay)

I love that map, good video matador

nuttin2say

Excellent point regarding your highest kill streak. A lot of players have a kill streak reward set up that they are not likely to get because they don't want people to think they are a noob. Who cares what others think: know your strengths and weaknesses.

Thank you, and you are correct. It's best just to be realistic and play the game for fun. When you care too much about people's opinions of you in-game, it can render the game laborious rather than good fun.

nuttin2say wrote:

Excellent point regarding your highest kill streak. A lot of players have a kill streak reward set up that they are not likely to get because they don't want people to think they are a noob. Who cares what others think: know your strengths and weaknesses.

I know somebody that does that.  In BO he always set a bunch of high rewards, MW3 he would run assault doing the same thing.  The result is that he rarely gets ANY kill streak rewards.  I tried to explain it to him that he's better off with the lower rewards that he can actually get almost every game but he refused to change it up.

Personally that's why I like the support streaks.  People can call it cheap all they want but while I -am- decent player that will always run a 1.5-1.8:1 ratio in TDM, I have -never- been a long streak type player.  I tend to get 1-5 kills tops before I die, sometimes more but not too often.  Support lets me keep building towards something and I don't mind that most of them aren't 'deadly' rewards.

KTPhoenix

i have to only disagree with the part where you said its not good to play with a party. that is not true. your whole point is because you would be fighting for kills but:

1. its a TDM. this is not a game mode you want for kills cuz the most kills you will get on a regular basis is around 20 or so.

2. if you play with randoms, you dont know how they play so you wont have a general idea of how many kills to expect to get. if you play with a party you know how your friends play and how many kills to expect for yourself.

being in a party is better cuz that helps your chances of winning. carrying the team is not something to be proud of. that just means some people you play with are not that good and its kind of embarrassing as a team if you only have 1 person with that many kills and the rest are not even close.

jamesafc

I think he means TDM is no fun when you play in a full party... Which I agree with, it's nearly impossible to actually lose a match and like he said in the video it just becomes a fight for kills. Good if you want to boost your stats but not so good if you want enjoyable matches that aren't completely one sided.

A good TDM player will average more than 20 kills btw.. From my experience you only really need 2 good players and you will win most matches without it being a complete walkover.

Good video

Yes, this is what I meant. You make good points, Mr Pheonix, but my tip was not to play TDM in large parties (e.g. 4-6 people), because you will find yourself fighting for kills and it can be frustrating. Like Jamesafc has stated, it is best to go in with a person or two that you can rely on to help you win the game, because sometimes when I play alone, I end up losing games even if my K/D is 7 and higher (with 25+ kills).

Thanks btw man

Whats your deal with the cheap drop shot? Almost every kill you make you lie flat out, even if the person has no clue you are there.

Lol, there's always one person who complains about my drop-shotting technique in every video The deal, my friend, is that it has developed into a habit. I do it now when it is not required. I'm sorry that you feel it is a cheap tactic, but I am not going to drop it (=D) because it has saved my life countless times.

With so many challenges in the game, such as bad spawns, lag comp, people who run around with dual-FMGs, people who camp corners, etc... it is vital for aggressive rushers like me to develop maneouvers to avoid bullets as much as possible, otherwise we'd get killed far too easily and would have to slow down our pace. Drop-shotting works best for me, followed closely by strafing.

anoreo

Matador brings a good point. Most of my best TDMs are done when I am in a party of 2-3, not a party of 6. Sure my W/L spikes but when I play in a group of 2-3, that allows some random split screener to go 4-30 which means more kills for me!

I didn't think I'd need to watch a video on TDM(it's a basic gametype) but I did get quite a few things from the video. Good job Matador.

obzi

Great video ElMatadorY, keep it up.

Nice video dude I've spent so long trying to stay off the map with assassin that I didnt think to try and lure people in with the uav spam

Started slowing my game down as I found I was essentially running a relay race some games with the spawns and getting picked off while running around frustrated

will give some of these a go tonight and will use radar for the first time too

keep em coming (great to see a vid without 27 quickscopes and going 27-30 which youtube is plagued with)

thetizzleguy

Awesome vid mate some good tips thereand will deffo be using them in the near future keep the vids coming dude, thanks.