1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 123 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2012 4:58 PM by RazorliteX Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    MrFelon

multiplayer you can say "works" fine , but we all know over a 3 month period that the staff at COD has neglected their customers .

-hit registration

-spawn system

-failure of bans

-no-lock on with RL

-bad host migration

-bad stat counter

-prestige token glitch not fixed

-elite maps playable by non-elite members

-no penalties for rage quitters

-cheating/boosting in elite tournies

these are all problems plus more

• 51. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    theatriks

Here, here's a big long list of the things they did do.

TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.

TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.

TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.

TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.

TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.

TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat loss when player loses connection from server (internet pull / drop).

TU7: Improvement to address "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Compensation" that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.

TU8: Networking enhancements, Theater improvements and fixes, Further improvements to "Host Disadvantage" / "Lag Comp", Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k, Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate), Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns), Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging, fix stat bug that retains "games played" stat across prestiges.

(Note: TU8 is currently available on Xbox Live and is in certification on Playstation 3. It will be out shortly on all platforms soon.)

Hot Fix Updates (Released):

No Recoil glitch

Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)

Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix

Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies

Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts

FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)

Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)

Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) - Reduce hipspread.

Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun

Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.

Fix map exploits on Dome

PS3 Hitmarker Sound

Adjust direct impact damage a Semtex does to a Juggernaut (No longer 1 hit kill)

Improvements to "weighted matchmaking" to improve games for regions with low populations.

Improvements to the Spawn Logic and Spawn System.

Fix for the any Proficiency on any gun exploit.

• 52. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    mjw3786

thanks for the laugh

i really enjoyed your attempt at civil posting for a few minutes before your first personal attack

• 53. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    avngr9

These posts are ridiculous.  Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't video games considered an artistic medium?  How can you sue somebody because their art didn't make you happy?  Its the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.  It's a video game and it didn't make you happy.  That is why there is an entire industry devoted to giving you game reviews.  Take some personal responsibility and make an informed decision.  I mean come on, this isn't a line a fire detectors that proved faulty or a vehicle part that needs recalling.

I agree with most that you probably have a case with Elite as it is a service for many is not delivering on its promises and apparentely many have successfully been refunded.  But a game?  So I can pretty much go buy any game and if enough people think it sucks we can file a CAL? Give me a break.

• 54. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    xL33ROYJ3NKINSx

I am a 4 year college grad attorney with about 8 class C LawSuits. Sorry my typing is bad I am in a rush because I have to be to work. First there is no grounds for your case, no money was taken from you that was frauded or mis-used. A company such as IW or Microsoft do understand the possibilites that come from releasing a game and not having it up to par, but at no circumstances is IW or Microsoft reliable for a few glitchs in the game progression from launch. You bought a product at the expense that you felt was in no way like this, but you also have to understand that game was only released on Nov 8th, if you understand the basis for which a game is made like say the coding, and the set up of each line of code than you would understand that there will be bugs, glitchs, and loop holes at launch. I wont lie this game was rushed, because Activision is trying to do the year to year, back to back game release, they know Call Of Duty is there cash cow and will continue to sell them as long as you the buyer keep buying them. If there is such a problem with the game then I would suggest maybe moving on to another game until the patchs fix what is wrong. Or try a different game type, I started out playing Core TDM and have moved to HC Team Tac and have not looked back since. So if you want you can file a complaint with this company at the expense that it will cost a fortune to hire a attorney to go to court with this company. Basically you would be attacking a well funded company with very good attorneys that will most likely win the law suit, now in some way shape or form you find this game is causing some form of harm to you pyshically, or mentally than you may and I use May very loosely, may have something to go on, but if you read the back of the book that comes with your game they pretty much explain everything from buying this game. So in my personal and professional opinion you do not have a case. I am sorry for your lose and hope things work out for you...

• 55. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    starbuckfrack

LegalEagle wrote:

Where do you get that long line of BS from? The game on the packet says it supports multiplayer play. There is no time limit either on the back.

ps moron I never mentioned Single Player, that is not the discussion.

You antirely didnt read the part that Activision reserves the right to modify or remove online support at any time without notice ????

some people are beyond being blind.

WOW I wish I was a lawyer so I could take your money.

• 56. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    rankismet

LegalEagle wrote:

As a consumer who has purchased MW3 Elite (and all your other 'CoDs'), I am completely fed up with the Stalinist attidtude towards the gaming community. We have chosen to buy a product on the basis that it would provide entertainment that is completely functional (works) and this MW3 version does not work properly in Multiplayer mode.

''Activision' take our cash but do not provide a product that works properly. Hit detection in multiplayer mode is still a problem and allegedly users with a good connection are still being penalised in game. They even take part of the product away e.g. Drop Zone without any in-game warnings to the user. The Elite component did not work on launch and is very disappointing in its current state, certainly not value for money. I don't see how other manufacturers could get away with what they are doing.

Please can legal professionals advise.

Read the EULA... you have no case.

And keep me the hell out of it.

• 57. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    litegecko2

hey legalegale there is no guranatee on it for online so your boned more or less

• 58. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc
    MakeURageQuit

actually nobody has to give you any kind of a refund
    giving people any kind of a warranty or return/refund policy is optional the law does not dictate that they have to. if in that case you wanted a refund and you were not given one then to get one you would have to take it to court and give a compeling argument as to why you deserve one.

• 59. Re: Class Action Against Activision/Sledgehammer/infityWard Etc

this thread shows many that bought the game are not happy with it.

I am a Xbox user and I will NOT pay up front for maps(elite). If I want them when they come out I will purchase them then. Say no to the crap subscription, say no to pay for elite on xbox

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next