25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 9:35 PM by carboncopy66609 RSS

There are no over powered guns

For there to be an over powered weapon in these games, it would have to be a weapon that only one or a few players have access to.  Since every gun is available to every player, how can one gun be overpowered compared to all others?  If you feel you have out played someone only to be killed by them soley based on the weapon they used, start using the same weapon.  Apparently you would only have to kill them once and pick up their dropped gun, and they could never kill you again...because they only killed you because of the gun they were using...that was better than the one you had...and now you have it...so it is not overpowered anymore...

Just my opinion on the subject.

• Re: There are no over powered guns

Why do they let derps on here?

markocc

So let me get this straight. If gun A can kill somebody at any range in 1 bullet and every other game takes 10 bullets at every range, then gun A isn't overpowered compared to every other gun because everybody can use it?

Please don't have children.

Duurr Of itz iz cuz u n33dz 2 aimzzz!!!!1

First of all, grow up.  Secondly, my point is that all guns are available to all players.  If you choose not to use those guns, that is no ones fault but your own.  As far as one shot kills at any range, have you tried a barret with an ACOG?

The only reason I posted this is I am sick of all the complaining about guns that the complaining players does not use for whatever reason.

Do you not want me to have children because you don't want half brothers and half sisters?

See I can be a ****, too.

The problem is that we don't want a game where 1 or 2 weapons are used. That would be boring.

JennacydeHq

everyone complains about overpowered guns and I get annoyed because it's always the guns I use that are being complained about like the acr 6.8 and the mp7 in mw2 it was the acr and the tar21....I use these guns because I am good with them I don't see how they are OP because I killed you with it, I feel people say they are OP because they got killed first and they have to rage because they are soooooo good how can anyone kill them...if you want to talk about an OP gun it's the UMP however the gun is true to real life so I can't really complain about it...I'm tired of seeing forums of people complaining about OP guns, just deal with it and move on and once everyone comes to the conclusion that no game will ever be perfect and life is unfair and sometimes people are just a lot better at the game then you, it will get better for those who have to come up with an excuse for why they died

The point that they are making is that the ACR and MP7 kill the 2nd quickest in their respective classes however they have near perfect accuracy. If you use kick on these two guns they have next to no recoil. In that respect they become OP. Fast killing, perfect accuracy? Fast killing should sacrifice accuracy.

I love the fact that when people say there are no OP guns, they never have a backbone to their argument.

JennacydeHq

how is it we have no argument? everyone complains about the guns but they are made to what they are in real life minus the amount of bullets that you shoot at someone in the game...people who say there are OP guns are just making an excuse because they got killed...if you want to complain about the gun use it and if you don't like it then fine but don't rain on my parade because i like a gun and i use it all the time that doesn't make me a tryhard either...this game nor any other game will be perfect for anyone and i think it's time that people start to get used to that

JennacydeHq wrote:

how is it we have no argument? everyone complains about the guns but they are made to what they are in real life minus the amount of bullets that you shoot at someone in the game..

They aren't made to real life.  It would be more accurate to say that they are loosely based on real life.  The devs have already taken plenty of liberties with them, either to improve or weaken them, and probably often both.

They don't even match between MW3 single player and MW3 multiplayer.

Oh look, yet another thread on a redundant topic that has been beaten to death.

If the guns in this game were actually true to life, people would not be running around accurately blasting away with a striker. If they wanted to make that gun more authentic, and less OP'd, everytime you shot the gun - it would almost stop you in your tracks, and you wouldn't be able to keep running. 12 guages kick like a mule. And don't even get me started about running around with a .50 cal. jeez. I'm honestly sick of the fact that LMGs are useless, and I keep seeing people run around with 4 guns. (FMG, Striker, Sniper rifles, and the Type 95.) But hey, it's just a game, and like it's already been said, "If you can't beat em, join em."

opdrams19 wrote:

For there to be an over powered weapon in these games, it would have to be a weapon that only one or a few players have access to.  Since every gun is available to every player, how can one gun be overpowered compared to all others?  If you feel you have out played someone only to be killed by them soley based on the weapon they used, start using the same weapon.  Apparently you would only have to kill them once and pick up their dropped gun, and they could never kill you again...because they only killed you because of the gun they were using...that was better than the one you had...and now you have it...so it is not overpowered anymore...

Just my opinion on the subject.

your definition of overpowered is severely flawed...

if one weapon is clearly the best in its class by a large margin, what is the point of including the other guns? we might as well only have 4 guns in the game..

i dont like to say crap is overpowered... but rather alot of the others are under powered...

If the ACR killed in 1 bullet at all ranges or If there really was any overpowered guns, I still wouldnt think that I would have to try to contact the developers and talk them into changing the game to suit my needs. I would just think thats the way the game is and flank the person using it or use that gun.

Still love the fact this thread is mostly filled with derps.

Your right there are no overpowered guns but there are underskilled players..

carboncopy66609

Hey guys, You missed that sign over there.

It says "Do not feed the Trolls".

You're doing it wrong.