47 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 11:04 AM by mithbtX RSS

Xbox= 2 ps3=0

polisboy22

So heres a load of bull crap i dont fully understand. Xbox will have two content drops BEFORE ps3 gets one dang map. This is a total load of crap. I mean for real. It makes literally no sense. Yet again ps3 gets stomped on. IW and activison need to pull their head out of microsofts and each others arses. This is just wrong.

• Re: Xbox= 2 ps3=0

It's not a surprise that xBox receives content a full months prior to PS3. You're always going to be a month behind and with their content season - they are providing content each month so yes, the xBox will likely receive content prior to PS3 receiving their content for the prior month.  It's schedules, it's going to happen...just going to have to accept it or get an xBox.

This could indicate a good thing, as in their attention to trying to address the numerous issues with lag compensation, spawn points, weapon balancing etc..

YES a MONTH before PS3 as it has always been. EVERYONE knows that. But we are getting the first DLC more than a month after XBOX and they are getting a second DLC less than a month after the first one. If the schedule keeps up like this they will get the next set of 3 maps in march as it has already been stated before we get our second DLC. Leaving them will 6 maps and us with only 3 max. That is bullshit.

like i say it's the only way they can make the schedule fit remember after ELITE comes non ELITE users and again the 2010 agreement comes into play.

i also suspect and this is going to piss you off even more Non Elite Xbox users will get 1ste content collection before ps3 get their 3rd drop in april

TheBeastlyDude

I'll admit, I am kinda annoyed that XBox gets their 3rd (not 2nd) content drop before PS3 even gets their first but I will get over it and not let it ruin my day.

I just can't understand for the life of me why Activision begs the PS3 community to rage. Couldn't anybody from their marketing department forsee this? This just gives the PS3 players more ammunition to come onto these forums and complain about the game.

Imagine being a PS3 user who comes onto this site to research whether they want to buy this game or not. Take one look at the forums and I guarantee they would run for the hills.

All I am saying is that if the XBox contract gets extended past 2012, Activision needs to figure out a way to right the PS3 players. I am not looking for anything in particular, just some way to keep the PS3 players purchasing COD titles. I will keep getting them but I am worried the numbers will dwindle and I will have a harder time getting into games.

maccabi

if it was a normal dlc youd get the dlc a month after 360 same as usual

now the normal dlc is being split into bits ... you get the bits a month later..

nothing has changed apart from peoples perceptions

rlbl

True enough.. but people's perceptions are just getting worse.

I can only imagine it is going to leave even a greater sour taste in the mouths of the PS3 users (as a whole who play COD more than any other game).

But then again.. they could have bought an XBOX if it was that important.

(PS3 fanboy here, who did not buy it just to play COD... but it still does seem wrong to me... but what do I know)

team_explicit

XBOX will get their second delivery of content on Feb 21st (A WHOLE WEEK BEFORE PS3 ELITE GETS THE FIRST ONE). Pretty crappy, if I do say so myself. This is literally a disappointment. I'm a die hard PS3 fan, but FFS... This isn't fair to the PS3 community at all.

Now how will we have cross-platform matches between XBox and PS3?

team_explicit

No, this will never happen, and I'll explain why. Microsoft and PS3 are competitors. If they created cross-platform games (ESPECIALLY best-sellers), there would be no competition. This is why when Steam introduced portal and cross-platform gaming, there was A LOT of controversy over it.

rlbl

I think he was being sarcastic... and good point.

Since when does the XBOX drop dates have any effect on our PS3 gameplay?  I guess if you have friends on XbOx and cannoto stand the "hahas I got it 1st!" chants...

Yes, that was my point.

We PS3 users can't play MW3 matches with our XBox friends, so what does it matter who gets which maps when?

What's going to be more disappointing is when all these Premium Elite members get their maps and then never get to play on them because they have to wait another month or two before everyone else can buy them.

Bleak5170

It sucks but trust me - I've played on both of the new maps and they are truly awful. I think they are both worse than any of the stock maps and I don't even care for most of those.

they could still keep it 1 month released ps3 first drop feb 24th and xbox feb 25th it's doable but the reason behind this is that they need to claw back some time as they released it late they now need to pull back weeks at a time so they can get final ps3 and pc content collection out before COD9.

work the dates from inital dates ps3 would get final drop OCT 28th then non elite xbox would get theirs then non elite ps3 even 1 week between non elite xbox and ps3 based on the original dats would over run the cod9 release.

Activision rep basically tell you to go Buy An Xbox if your not happy

Dan AmrichDan Amrich @OneOfSwords

If you're not happy where you live, consider a move. If you like where you live, stay and enjoy. It's honestly as simple as that.

rankismet

polisboy22 wrote:

So heres a load of bull crap i dont fully understand. Xbox will have two content drops BEFORE ps3 gets one dang map. This is a total load of crap. I mean for real. It makes literally no sense. Yet again ps3 gets stomped on. IW and activison need to pull their head out of microsofts and each others arses. This is just wrong.

Feeling lazy, so I'll just copy my own words...

You can think it all you want...

...and at first glance is it odd DLC 3 comes out a week before the DLC 1-2 drop for PS3...

... but not when you look at a calendar.

* DLC drops on Tuesdays.

* February only has 28 days (29 this year).

* XBOX gets the DLC one month early.

* More DLC comes in March.

So, it makes sense.

Rational thought, I know... you may continue the hyperbole.

That is straight retarded. There is no logical reasoning you can put on them getting another DLC before we get 1. Just because its February doesnt mean they can F with us like that. I paid my $50 just like everyone else. I was "ok" with xbox getting 1 DLC before ps3 but multiple F-THAT

the workable logic is that if they don't move content to the begining of the month they WILL run out of time to get all content to all platforms before COD9

rankismet

USMCHolbrook wrote:

That is straight retarded. There is no logical reasoning you can put on them getting another DLC before we get 1. Just because its February doesnt mean they can F with us like that. I paid my $50 just like everyone else. I was "ok" with xbox getting 1 DLC before ps3 but multiple F-THAT

When did DLC 1-2 drop on XBOX? 01/24.

Four weeks later is 02/21.

In order to meet the one month early contract (and it might be calendar days... I haven't seen the contract, have you?) DLC 1-2 need to drop for PS3 02/28 or the March DLC  for PS3 will be pushed out.

Stop being retarded and learn to use a calendar.

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

In order to meet the one month early contract (and it might be calendar days... I haven't seen the contract, have you?) DLC 1-2 need to drop for PS3 02/28 or the March DLC  for PS3 will be pushed out.

I'm proud of you...you passed the 1st grade...Now pull ur head outta your *** and look at what you just said. Fing moron.

rankismet

USMCHolbrook wrote:

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

I'm proud of you...you passed the 1st grade...Now pull ur head outta your *** and look at what you just said. Fing moron.

Listen, Jarhead... you should go find an E9 to do your thinking for you.

It's quite obvious the Gregorian Calendar is a few levels above your pay grade.

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

It is obvious you are 12 and trying to be a BIG dog. I got news for you boy your not and I'm done arguing with a child. Go do your homework and go to bed little boy!

rlbl

Actually... looking at a calendar that does make perfect sense.

We could not get the DLC before the 24th (which would have been the 21st assuming that PS3 DLC will be dropped on a Tuesday)

So we had to get it the following Tuesday (the 28th)

Whether the Xbox got it the 21st, or the 24th... it would still have been earlier than the 28th (for us)

Yep. Makes sense.

rankismet

USMCHolbrook wrote:

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

rankismet wrote:

USMCHolbrook wrote:

It is obvious you are 12 and trying to be a BIG dog. I got news for you boy your not and I'm done arguing with a child. Go do your homework and go to bed little boy!

Yeah... I'm "12" but not in the age department... and I also understand how a freakin' calendar works. What does that say for you there, neighbor?

... and who's arguing... I was educating a brick wall. You were simply being the brick wall.

expand that theory to the rest of the calender and tell me if content will be released to all platforms on time and before cod9 usually nov 9th

rankismet

cprl.rst wrote:

expand that theory to the rest of the calender and tell me if content will be released to all platforms on time and before cod9 usually nov 9th

Sorry... but you can do that yourself.

I have and it doesn't fit which is why i said for you to do it also so you can see for yourself

rankismet

cprl.rst wrote:

I have and it doesn't fit which is why i said for you to do it also so you can see for yourself

What doesn't fit?

http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

DLC for XBOX stops in September... pretty freakin' sure the next month is October... also pretty freakin' sure that's before November.

In other words... I'm pretty freakin' sure PS3 will get all of the content before the next COD.

Is it a requirement to be calendar challenged in order to play COD on PS3?

you are right and then you have non ELITE to go after that and non ELITE ps3 and pc get it After non ELITE XBox so they will run out of time if they don't try to adjust dates to gain more

as i stated in my orginal post and i was being meek with 1 week between non ELITE Xbox And ps3

rankismet wrote:

Is it a requirement to be calendar challenged in order to play COD on PS3?

No, but I think being an impatient chicken little might be a requirement for posting on the forums.

"We're not gonna get our content before November! XBox gets theirs first! We need those horribly designed maps, and we need them NOW! The CoD franchise is doomed! DOOMED, I tell you!"

s7even_uk

And this is why, once my elite is up (which I only got through buying the hardened edition) I will be cancelling, both for my ps3 and Xbox, to be honest I'd rather wait and see the quality of the DLC first.  Someone else mentioned that the 2 new maps suck and he is absolutely spot on; they don't really fit and of the current game modes and are worse than any of the stock maps.

u guys stop complainin not only is iw at fault but so are u for buying the crap they are selling

rlbl

Actually it is our own fault for misinterpreting what was said (one could easily argue that the PR was so vague it could have easily been misinterpreted though)

straight up BS.. LOL i just did a post about this aswell

MrFelon

actually its just right , nowhere was it stated that the ps3 drops1&2 had to be released before xbox gets there feb. drop3 ..... as long as it comes out during that month   the guidelines and advertisements were followed perfectly