26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 12:07 PM by TurdFerguson00 RSS

infection is bad

mrbowjanglez66

infection is a really bad game mode . its ideal for kids but kids shouldnt really be playing a gasme designed for 15 plus ! why not do hardcore hq or hardcore cap the flag for people who play the game and pay for the game ? 

• Re: infection is ****
    Rednecksniper39

well technically the people playing infected do "play" the game and since they are playing it they obviously probly "payed" for it

obzi

I had my first game last night on Carbon and couldn't tell the hell what was going on.  I saw one guy get killed within the first five seconds, another a minute later and then it seemed everyone was on the same side just wandering around for ages trying to find someone.  Then there was a group of kids on the same side who obviously got bored (maybe 6 of them) so were stood in a group messing around trying to stab each other.  I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing and neither did anybody else by the look of it.  Help me out please.

• This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
      rafers813

you right guys thats bad game mode,dont like it,ive played it few times,wont play it again..

Lol. I had the same experience. Didn't have a clue what was going on. Got mauled a few times so backed out, not really my kind of game. I think somebody has done a thread explaining how to play it (have a look on this forum).

obzi

Wow makkapakka81, so big deal, I might have been out in my estimate by a whole five seconds, if you want to start timing me you'll probably find it was even longer.  Go to my games and watch my one and only Infection game from last night, you will see what I mean, it's there.  Give me time (I'm at work) and I will move it in my vault to make it nice and easy for you.  In future I will be sure to make full and accurate records (including split second timing) to all my games.

My impression of the game mode is that it's somewhat interesting, but would get dull quickly.  Also it seems that you basically just have to mute everybody that has a mic plugged in as it's infested with underage mouth breathers yapping nonstop into their mics the entire game.  Seems the only crowd that will be entertained by this game mode for very long are the 15 and under crowd.

trialstardragon

Infection is far better then DZ ever was. In the short time that I played infection earlier. I had more fun then I ever did in DZ.. errr.. kill farm zone.

How can you call DZ killfarm when the majority of the time INFECTION is just some kids sitting in a corner mowing down infected that can't do anything about it. INFECTED is a slaughter fest - guys constantly get MOABS. I don't understand your reasoning.

loliThinkuStink wrote:

How can you call DZ killfarm when the majority of the time INFECTION is just some kids sitting in a corner mowing down infected that can't do anything about it. INFECTED is a slaughter fest - guys constantly get MOABS. I don't understand your reasoning.

before the throwing knife removal.. they were more rare...

now every kid in the lobby runs to the same cheap exploit spot and drags out the entire match... and even if you do manage to infect them, they just quit and rejoin...

gamemode was fun as hell yesterday.... today its worthless... nice to know IW listens, but only to the noobs...

trialstardragon

Exactly. Before the removal of the one weapon that made it hard to camp the gamemode was very fun. Now it is just as bad as kill farm zone was. Played a game on dome where the survivors got 3 moabs in a row.

IW needs to disable the moab for that game mode, since all other killstreaks are disabled.

• Re: infection is bad

The Striker Vs Jugg game mode is seriously the LEAST fun ive ever had playing a video game. Probably wont be stepping into the playlist again.

Mrbow you hit the nail on the head exactly here!

im so happy to see someone with more than 2 braincells on this forum...they should get rid of all these "kiddie playlists" that shouldnt even be playin and give us serious gamers back HC CTF and HQ...its ridiculous that they keep catering for underage players!!

mjw3786

infection is terrible

that is what got me to stop playing halo reach MP. all the kiddies kept voting for this terrible game type

if you're playing this on purpose and over the age of 12 you should take a long hard look at things

50,000 people disagree with you. *Source: # of people that play infection, and a lot of them are over 12. Have some fun once in a while

DshizzlefoRizzle wrote:

50,000 people disagree with you. *Source: # of people that play infection, and a lot of them are over 12. Have some fun once in a while

no kidding... almost 100k last night

not everyone that plays infected is a loud mouthed halfwit or some no-life kids that searches for the cheapest spot possible...

IW has turned that gamemode into a ******* joke tho... IW loves the little arrogant, racist and penile-obsessed wastes of sperm that is the typical cod fanbase... cod hasnt been for "gamers" for a few years now...

If you're over the age of 12 and post on a video game forum criticizing people for modes that they find fun, you should take a long hard look at your own life

Whenever I recieved Private lobby invites for infected the kid inviting me ALWAYS sounded like they were 8 years old. They sit and camp and get a MOAB and think they are awesome. It's boring. I'm just SUPER GLAD I don't get constant PM's for infected anymore. So, I'm kind of glad infected is now in the community playlist and I hope it stays there so I don't have to constantly BLOCK kids from spamming me invites.

can you get the "Transfer" title if you play the infected game mode?

I refuse to play Infection. It's nothing more then a tool to get retards a 2 W/L so they can think they are good.