34 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2012 9:48 AM by ELITE-MACHINE-1 RSS

since iw caves to whiny kids... bring back the throwing knife!!!

wah wah wah wah.... do i have your attention now, IW???

Bring back the dame throwing knife for infected.... removing it has completely made it worthless to play..... that was the ONLY thing we had to keep cheap kids from exploiting your many, many design flaws in every single map....

lets play out a typical game now....

17 all run to jump up on a balcony, flag pole or any other general area that you cant be knifed from..... then they sit there....

since infected no longer have a projectile, they can do nothing but what??? rush him so he can get his moab and we can all get the **** out of the round??

removing this knife shows me a few things....

1) you honestly have no CLUE about what makes a balanced game

2) you devs ARE these cheap kids camping for moab's while untouchable...

3) you just listen to anyone that ******* enough regardless of what they want...

so which one is it??

• Re: since iw caves to whiny kids... bring back the throwing knife!!!

Why did they take out throwing knives?

trialstardragon

Because people whined it made the infected too powerful and made it too easy for them to kill players. If they are going to keep the throwing knife out, they need to double or tripple the health of the infected to make it harder to kill them, so there is a better chance they can get to the tools that hide in corners or up high on ladders.

its just hilarious...

nobody complains when its 16 strikers or juggs versus 2 guys with no gun... just a knife..

somehow the throwing knife is OP!!! you have a ******* automatic shotgun!!!  they have a one shot knife...lol

im actually having a hard time wrapping my head around IW's decision.... its not april 1.... this call by them makes NO SENSE!!

trialstardragon

Another option if the knife is not returned would be to give infected a single concussion nade to slow the players down and make them easier to kill.

Or to go over each map and block off those areas that can be gotten to like the arch in seatown, the ladder in outpost, the ladder in dome. the trailer box in carbon; but I doubt they will do this because then everyone would whine about how hard it is to survive...

trialstardragon wrote:

Another option if the knife is not returned would be to give infected a single concussion nade to slow the players down and make them easier to kill.

Or to go over each map and block off those areas that can be gotten to like the arch in seatown, the ladder in outpost, the ladder in dome. the trailer box in carbon; but I doubt they will do this because then everyone would whine about how hard it is to survive...

there are a bunch of ways it could work...

but it WAS working... all these morons think they are the one true way for infected to be played... throwing knife made it fun and fair... there was no reason to remove it..

listen to every single argument about it, you'll see why..

its ruins infected

thats not how infected is supposed to be

says who!? these couple kids that think they are cool for going 46-0 in infected but go 5-30 in any other game mode???

its takes no skill whatsoever to camp the railing on dome and rain down striker shells... even with the TK's..... it didnt need to be changed... crying little stat whores got their my little pony panties in a bunch because they could no longer cheap out moabs round after round..

and now its a complete waste of time for anyone to stay in the game once they become infected...

gamemode.... broken.... but that'll be obvious later tonight.... when the player count is 1/10th what it was last night because nobody wants to play it...

but thats likely how they'll bring DZ back.... the obviousness of IW is no clear

Thats the thing, when i play infected, i go to a place in the mapwhere no one else does, i still do awesome to, one of the final 5. Havent played infected online yet, ps3 broke, how is it? Worth my while?

KTPhoenix

my bet is all 3.

i literally dashboarded the last infected match i played cuz it was on seatown and every single non-infected player went to the archway across from the tower. NO ONE could get to them cuz they all kept shooting us and since all we had was a knife and tac insert, i just said "fck this" and dashboarded out of the match.

way to go IW.

If they have indeed took the throwing knife out how do you kill the people on top of lamposts or people who jump on top of the news stand on resistance?

The most well known spots have kill barriers on them, even just walking up the rotor blades on the bakara helicopter will drop you stone cold.

We really do need throwing knifes back though, a guy got 2 moabs on seatown because all we could do was rush him and his team on that stupid bridge/archway and hope they kill us enough to need to reload.

Not too fun

RaggyFTW wrote:

The most well known spots have kill barriers on them, even just walking up the rotor blades on the bakara helicopter will drop you stone cold.

We really do need throwing knifes back though, a guy got 2 moabs on seatown because all we could do was rush him and his team on that stupid bridge/archway and hope they kill us enough to need to reload.

Not too fun

not even true.... played 30min ago with 6 guys on the rotor blades...

dome is completely pointless... just sit at the top of the ladder, you dont even need ammo.. then they give out the pp90m1 to survivors and remove the throwing knife.... lmao... i want whatever IW is smoking

Honestly, these kids just sit in a corner and get their k/d up and think they're cool. The point is to be chased and eventually become infected...but again the majority of cawadoody community thinks it's op to have bullets in guns that can do damage.

FimrerFilly wrote:

Honestly, these kids just sit in a corner and get their k/d up and think they're cool. The point is to be chased and eventually become infected...but again the majority of cawadoody community thinks it's op to have bullets in guns that can do damage.

exactly... all these kids think their view is the only true way!

infected should win every single round... because by the end of it, thats means everybody!!

these kids that think this entire gamemode was made just so they could exploit the map and be untouchable...

funny... i was always near the top of the leaderboard.. because instead of camping a roof with 15 other people... i run around killing infected... finally get knifed... then i run around killing survivors!

or... we can all sit on the roof and pick off the SINGLE infected player while he goes 0-20, has no chance of getting anybody... then quits..

its the exact stereotype of your typical cod players and why this game gets such a bad rep... no wonder people all think that way and no wonder IW caters to them...

they have made this gamemode 100% pointless.... once you become infected, you might as well quit... you wont get a single point or kill, you'll just waste your time so some 13yr old can get a moab he doesnt deserve and cant get any other way...

but they think its cool.... like 17 people have nothing better to do then waste 10min solely for this one kids enjoyment.... its actually their entire argument for removing the knife..

that6uy420

TurdFerguson00 wrote:

exactly... all these kids think their view is the only true way!

infected should win every single round... because by the end of it, thats means everybody!!

This is exactly how sports are now too...  no one is a loser and everyone is a winner.

They have no clue what it is to lose and if they do they have no clue what it is to lose graciously.  They can't lose because if they did then everything their parents and coaches ever told them was a lie... so they cheat. (scour youtube for the coolest new video and then use it in game)  These kids no respect for integrity seeing as the first thing they resort to is cheating/glitching/boosting.... far be it from them to actually practice and get better at the game... no they get their buddies and hide off in some corner.

sad but true.. its the world we live in now and i have a feeling online gaming as we know it will end before long...

it cant keep going like this.... because once all the cheaters and exploiters only have each other to play with, how long do you think they'll keep playing?

thats when games die.... when all legit players leave and only the ******* remain... they dont want to play other *******! lol

its a ******* video game... its supposed to be fun... not to make you feel cool at school... i actually hear these kids on the mic talking about **** like that... about how their friend made up labels with all their gamertags and they were gonna stick them up around their school etc...

sure im 29 now... but we had kids like that too, we called them losers....

now we live in a world where some kids has 500 friends on facebook and not one in real life and its somehow an acceptable compromise... just like how they will cheat and glitch to get their stats up so they can brag about it the next day...

if you dont work for anything in your life, you will never know the real reward of it....

i can run around, go 20-1 on infected.... and you can go 50-0 by being a little *****.... bet i'll have more fun and get more respect from the players im playing.... yet you know which one they will pick every single time...

its a scary sign of where society is headed if you ask me..

This is how the Infected changes are made:

Robert Trolling: Okay my trollers. De trollers say that the Throwing knife is extremly OP, because they get killed by it when they are on their glitch spot.

Non-trolling developer: Uhh, but shouldn't we ban glitchers?

Robert Trolling: Hell no! Glitching is fun, so we need to make it easier in Infected. And you are done here, get out!

So people, first, let's just completely remove the Throwing Knife, to make it easier to get glitch MOABs in Infected. Second, let's give them a stronger weapon. Anyone have any idea?

Trolling developers: Yeah, the PP90M1 with Extended Mags, Sleight of Hand and the glitchy dual handguns! Also give them Scavanger so they have lost of ammo!

Non-trolling developer 2: Uhm, but not the whole fanbase are 10 year olds, we need to take out the worst glitch spots.

Robert Trolling: True, let's do that. But since you aren't a troll, get out!

Trolling developer: What about the boosting, should we let split-screeners stay so 1 guy can boost with 2 controllers?

Robert Trolling: Hell yeah, MOAB boosting is Awesome!

Moon Head 92

And this is why i never accepted any invites to an infected lobby whilst it was still in private matches. For the simple fact the two times i did, all the survivors just hid in the glitch spots, whilst i ran around like a madhead blasting the infected, that you little 12 year olds, is what fun is, not cheap boosting your terrible stats.

IW took this great mode from Halo and simply ruined it, well done.

Mexican2005

Oops, didnt see this thread.  I just made a similar one.  Stat boosting is worse than ever now.

At the very ******* least get rid of Scavenger IW. Give Surviors ONLY a striker, with no way to get Ammo after running out. Even out the loss of Throwing Knives.

At the very ******* least get rid of Scavenger IW. Give Surviors ONLY a striker, with no way to get Ammo after running out. Even out the loss of Throwing Knives.

ForestGump

the only legit play type now that is some what fare is the sniper one that is fun but who would vote for that when you can have a bs pp90 with sleight of hand and a striker with sleight of hand, atleast take it out thats what made it fare before you had to try and reload your striker before you got overwhelmed it was fun. They realy ****** up, all they needed to do was to fix some of the glitch spots and it would of been fine but they completly changed the game mode over night so kids can get a fake moab.

1: Take out sleight of hand

2: Take out scavenger

3: Give infected dead mans hand

4: Give infected throwing knifes

5: Give the infected a balistic vest

They need to do atleast one of these to give some fareness to the infected even the zombies in black ops are not this bad and they wern't being controlled by someone fix your **** IW.  

ForestGump wrote:

the only legit play type now that is some what fare is the sniper one that is fun but who would vote for that when you can have a bs pp90 with sleight of hand and a striker with sleight of hand, atleast take it out thats what made it fare before you had to try and reload your striker before you got overwhelmed it was fun. They realy ****** up, all they needed to do was to fix some of the glitch spots and it would of been fine but they completly changed the game mode over night so kids can get a fake moab.

1: Take out sleight of hand

2: Take out scavenger

3: Give infected dead mans hand

4: Give infected throwing knifes

5: Give the infected a balistic vest

They need to do atleast one of these to give some fareness to the infected even the zombies in black ops are not this bad and they wern't being controlled by someone fix your **** IW.  

i dont know... i play it properly.... i roam around hunting until it gets about even... then i'll find an area i can somewhat defend and see how long i can last... i never jump to anything

even on dome... if people wouldnt exploit that catwalk, there wouldnt be an issue... i stay on the ground in every game... still got 2 moab's today alone just by running around killing people... its easy when the entire team is camping one spot, more kill for me...lol

they cant fix every single little area that can be exploited... these maps were never designed for this type of game (no weapons)... the throwing knife balanced everything..

oh no... infected won... so i went 25-1, got the win and earned my moab.... maybe i should have camped my ass off to prevent that one death and make the infected so annoyed that they quit.... all to save one death... infected are supposed to win in the end!!! the fun is how long you can survive... not by how long you can sit in some cheap spot, untouchable by the enemy

Elderluck

They need to add back the knife. Theres multiple spots you can sit with 3-6 others and just kill everyone until time is up without dying. Then on resistance the spot on that thingy its almost impossible to get up there. Then there was people playing spiltscreen boosting for moabs.

All it takes is 1000's of tweets. Posting your walls of text here probably does nothing. Sign up for and spam tweeter. Now.

My simple idea is to have them put the Throwing Knife back in but instead of infecting said person it hits, it should just force them to respawn. Keeps the infected happy and the Score whores happy (to a degree).

you see but throwing knives makes it to easy