8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2012 1:22 PM by Sourtarget RSS

Infected Join/Leave/Join Issue

trialstardragon

I think there needs to be tag that is added to player that if they were in an infected game and leave because they got infected and try to join any other game they are infected again. Even if the game was just starting out from a fresh lobby. Make them the infected for that match. And this tag remains until they complete a full match of infected as the infected.

I think this would help cut down on all the people that leave after they become infected and either rejoin the same match agian, or go find another one because they did not like becoming infected.

If they finish the match the tag is removed and the next game they get in they will start off as a survivor as normal. This tag would not be removed even if they sign out, or turn of the conosle it would be saved to their online profile and remain until they finished out a match as infected.

• Re: Infected Join/Leave/Join Issue

I just report 'em for boosting, because that's what it really is. Even had a kid brag about it after basically joining everytime he got infected (partner buddy in lobby). Needless to say if they review reports it should be pretty obvious.

kastro187420

I agree with the idea in general, and the desire to prevent people from leaving and joining completely.. but I don't think this is the answer. Afterall, what constitutes a "full game"? If I left while infected for whatever reason, and then I joined a match with 3 mins left and stayed the full time, would that count and be enough?

Honestly, I think the best solution is also the eaisest solution:

All players who join a "Match in Progress" are automatically on the infected team. This solves the problem as a whole, and prevents people from leaving and re-joining back to the non-infected team.

Do that, and remove Split Screen players, and that'll solve a lot of the boosting issues IMO.

trialstardragon

The only problem with that is it would not be fair for the random player just joining the match that had not yet played infected for the day. It would cause players just to leave the match and not stay because they would not of even had the chance to be a survivor until the next match. And very few people would like that.

Just look at all the people who hate joining and being put on the losing team in any match. And all the problems that causes with people coming in only to back out moments later when they see the team is losing badly.

I know my idea is not perfect but I think it would help to some degree. But you do have a point on how much time would be enough to remove the tag. I think it should be removed as long as you complete the match, no matter when you joined. Even if was just the last three minutes or less.

kastro187420

While it may not be fair to the player who joins and ends up on the infected team, likewise, it isn't fair for the infected to face a constant influx of new players joining the non-infected. There have been many games of Infected I have played where the non-infected only had 2 left, and we'd kill one, and then another would join, we'd kill him, and another would join. There was one match where that happened about 5x over.

As long as it's balanced for the infected players (e.g. don't take away throwing knives again), then ending up on the infected team wouldn't be nearly as bad for either side.. where as ending up on the non-infected team ends up bad for the infected who have that extra player to contend with.

trialstardragon

You have a valid point. Or they just could lock the lobby, once the game started no one could come back if they left.

Strangely I do not see it ever going to get fixed and will just be one issue that needs to be accepted when playing that game mode.

kastro187420

Unfortunately I forsee this problem not getting fixed either. They've been half-decent so far at adjusting the classes and fixing some of the "glitch spots", so I'd like to think they'll adjust the team-balancing issue aswell... but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that with every positive that's introduced, there also seems to be a negative introduced along side it.

Ehhh... good idea, but it also sounds like it could be a little unfair if a person is lagged out of a game, has to do something and is kicked for being AFK, and other things. plus, fourzerotwo mentioned the shortage of playlist space, so its unlikely that infected will stay on forever and instead just get replaced by some other game mode

I keep saying this over and over again, but there is no need for any complicated methods to stop people leaving games.The answer is simple:

Just make everyone who joins a game late be infected. It's such an easy fix, and it's not so bad to be a zombie for one round, if you're most likely gonna be a survivor on the next one. Also, it makes the game less of a wait because sometimes it just takes forever for the first two or three infected to get a few kills.