46 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2012 11:06 PM by blkbumblebee17 RSS

solution for camping?

blkbumblebee17

ok i just had this thought while looking at my accolades in barracks... so we all know you get accolades which most people dont even bother to look at... in this section of the stats it tells u how many times you were most at doing something in game... for example you have an accolade for most kills, highest multi kill, most head shots, etc.... Well if you didnt know there is a stat for most time spent in one general area, but also one for most time spent moving/ sprinting... now if this is a accolade that is rewarded and the leaderboards have your ranking in that specific area why not have the devs match lobbys based on skill, ping, and playstyle.... to me all three are reasonable and would allow players who hate campers to play in a lobby where they dont have to fear the guys who stay put constantly... this would also force players to move around a lot more.. i mean imagine being put in a lobby where no one is moving at all.. eventually they would see that in order for a game to flow properly you cant camp and prey on others who are trying to play objectively, or who engage the enemy team head on on via flanking... i feel like this is an easy fix to throw into mw3 or even the next c.o.d. and could cut down on a lot of players frustration...ANY THOUGHTS?

• Re: solution for camping?

How about this one......................people paid money for THEIR games..............let them decide how they want to play it!!! Just coz it doesn't suit your style, it suits others. I wouldn't tell you what to wear....so don't tell me how to play!!

Are you a total retard? If someone has parted with 45 quid for a game and they wish to sit in a corner like a boring idiot that is their prerogative, there is no law saying they can't play that way so get off your high horse and calm down.

Ill happily run around like a scalded cat but when i get a couple of kills off my pavelow i turn in to the biggest camper in the world, i dare not move and my heart is pounding like a good'un cos i just know someone is going to shoot me in the arse.

Best thing is thanks to host disadvantage you may find there are many players that would never camp but don't have any choice thanks to this wonderful game unbalancing feature.

blkbumblebee17

ok i rush constantly and get my streaks with out need of camping if i die one off big deal i know i can get back to it again if i did it once its not difficult to get more than 10 kill in a row constantly... and ur still missing the point u camp close to a streak not the whole game theres a big difference if you rushed and slowed down a bit i dont think thats considered camping on the scale of a guy who sits in one spot the whole game... those are the players who who get ranked in lobbys with other slow paced players.. its stats based if you run and gun or even move around moderately then your ranked with players like you and not with the corner camper again thats seems fair.. and fyi any smart player reloads behind cover or stops behind cover for a health recover... thats not camping at all so stopping for a short period time dosent affect your mobility stat at all... so why am i an idiot for suggesting that?

You asked for thoughts and you got them LOL

We are not missing the point, if every game was everyone rushing around like dícks you have got Quake III arena not COD.

blkbumblebee17

so im a **** because i rush hmm  yea... buddy u seem like the type of player who has to rely on his streaks for kills and leaves the lobby when someone like me either takes all the kills or is smashing your team.. and i didnt insult anyone so why u insulted me for asking for the game to be stats, skill, and style ranked is beyond me... once again i like thoughts but constructive not useless

camping is real world stratergy - as long as there not cheating or boosting its easy enough to take out a camper - wheres the issue?

blkbumblebee17

sorry to say but this is a game real world tactics work but in the end its a game simple as that.. and most campers dont play to win they play to make their kd look good... thats boosting in my eyes.. i've played against 5+ kd players who camp like hell and leave the second they realize that camping against me works for a short period of time... and the issue is c.o.d. is suppose to be fast paced gun on gun not gun on back or gun to head glitcher... its cheap and it slows the game down... so again stats, gamesyle, and skill as a ranking system to determine what lobby your in.. seems to me would create a lot less frustration for most players who dont camp and campers could still play without any real change looks like a win win to me cant see how no one else see's that

camping and boosting are to diffrent things though

Boosters- having a buddy give u freekills

Camper- stays in one spot and drops anyone who passes his path,

if u cant take them out then im sorry but ur not a good player are you? its not hard to kill campers, they kill u ok lets go get them i hv Flashes, explosives, a gun, i can blind side him from another location, i have dead silence he cant hear me, there are many ways in the art of killing campers not hard.

WiseguyFTL

Solution to camping - use a low recoil gun like ACR or MP7 and shoot their heads off when they are headglitching... and make sure to use Focus on them... easymode camper destruction. Or just flank behind them, most campers suck at the game anyway, that's why they use a ***** tactic.

blkbumblebee17

i agree and i usually have no real issue with playing against them but with them is very frustrating... i would love to have it so i have a few rushers on my team so i'm not the only one forcing the other team to move a round a bit.. example played a match last night went 40-5 however both sides camped like crazy i ran around for at least a min or two looking for someone to kill and they were mainly in corners in the most retarded spots and when i would turn a corner a teammate would be prone in a door way maybe 10ft from where i killed the enemy... its just sad and annoying which is why i would love for either the teams to be spit up based on style so your not stuck with too many of either type or the whole lobby is full of like minded skilled players..

btjustice

sorry it wont work.  who are the campers going to kill if no one is moving on the whole map.the campers of course will think its a terrible idea......... me of course thinks its a great idea............   but like one said they paid for the game as well, so you get to play it as you want, as it should be. but i would love it if they did do something like that.

Goresh14

I like campers just hate getting stuck behind their caravans.

blkbumblebee17 wrote:

ok i just had this thought while looking at my accolades in barracks... so we all know you get accolades which most people dont even bother to look at... in this section of the stats it tells u how many times you were most at doing something in game... for example you have an accolade for most kills, highest multi kill, most head shots, etc.... Well if you didnt know there is a stat for most time spent in one general area, but also one for most time spent moving/ sprinting... now if this is a accolade that is rewarded and the leaderboards have your ranking in that specific area why not have the devs match lobbys based on skill, ping, and playstyle.... to me all three are reasonable and would allow players who hate campers to play in a lobby where they dont have to fear the guys who stay put constantly... this would also force players to move around a lot more.. i mean imagine being put in a lobby where no one is moving at all.. eventually they would see that in order for a game to flow properly you cant camp and prey on others who are trying to play objectively, or who engage the enemy team head on on via flanking... i feel like this is an easy fix to throw into mw3 or even the next c.o.d. and could cut down on a lot of players frustration...ANY THOUGHTS?

I say let them camp. if you want to rush around the map go ahead. since they're camping you know where to find them. when i come across campers i'll give myself up so they can kill me. That way i know their general location. once i know that i figure out a way to kill them or avoid that location. When i come across a bunch of ppl blindly rushing around the map i set my tent up, make a fire, and camp away. The way i see it instead of complaining about ppl play style i just ues a tactic that will work for that match. that's why i use different loadouts in each class i have.

Thats how i see it too, I dont see why people should have to play the same as everyone else, who would want to play in a match where everyone is sprinting around with FMG Akimbos like they havent took their ritalin meds?

Also, I dont really get why people class sniping as camping either,, its what you call properly sniping, as opposed the running around the map trying to quickscope people,,, not reall sniping then is it!

@blkbumblebee17

Excuse me for not running around like a hyperactive headless chicken doped up on E numbers from all the sweeties mummy buys you.

don't get it either. there are as many load outs and play styles as there are ppl playing this game. To me it's just weak to cry and wine about others players play styles. Just play the game and have a good time. All i want is for them to get rid of the lag comp and ban hackers, cheaters, and boosters.

My solution to campers??  Check your corners!!

blkbumblebee17

i hate people that say that as if people who rush dont check corners... yea we get it map awareness thats nothing new i swear its like you didnt read the post what so ever.. the main idea was to be matched with like minded players in lobbies instead of having them where one team is full of campers.. it was to help speed up gameplay altho as normal people feel the need to defend camping and not comment on the idea... news flash most people hate campers so if we had games based on stats you wouldnt have to worry about campers giving u more time to focus on gun on gun battles but not as if u read the post i've seen one guy in the whole thread who got the concept and liked the idea of playing with players with the same skill set... i guess reading is a lost art now

Solution implies that there's a problem.

tensor32

I hate campers and that's all there is to it. If you're a sniper that's the only exception to me. But if I run into a camper I'll do whatever I can to get around him and kill him; however if his whole team is camping as well then I just leave because that ruins the game for me.

I highly doubt most people would want to play against people with similar play styles. Everyone wants to play against lower lever or newer players do they can own them. I can't remember how many times I have been against a guild group with players constantly backing out because they were killed a few times. It is also laughable that people can say I hate campers "except" when it is me and I am close to my kill streak reward. Guess what? You are a camper too. You can try to justify it by saying you just do it in certain situations. Bottom line is you are still doing it. Also if campers are so easy to kill wouldn't you simply encourage them to do so? Maybe there should be a map with nothing at all on it. Just a wide open football field so all the true run and gunners can play the way the game was intended right? A true successful game is one that offers something for every play style.

Last question I always have is in TDM if they also counted your deaths in the scoring I think a lot of these posts would go away. I hear the top kill players thumping their chests because they got 20 kills but died 19 times. Giving our team a net point gain of 100. But no one seems to think that way.

blkbumblebee17

actually i rarely go even a good high score player has a decent kd of at least 2 so i dunno what guys you play with.. and even worse why would anyone want to kick a lower opponents ass all the time thats not a test of skill at all... to me if thats true then c.o.d. players are just non competitive at all and the game shouldn't even be sold... i cant remember the last time i did something where i didnt want to be the best at it.. and in being the best you have to compete against the best... wow thats an eye opener if true.... i'd rather get beat and learn to play better and improve than win easy...

I agree, and that is one thing i have 'cried' about since COD4,, I dont see why someone who goes 20 and 19  should get top of the board, the guy who gets 19 and 2 should go top of the board because he actually done some good for the team.

Who ever scores the most kills with the least deaths should be No.1 in TDM.

ghamorra

Who decided that "Camping" was the wrong way to play. Here's something to ponder, Run & Gunners are b*tches and sprinting around with an SMG is something only a pansy would do.

blkbumblebee17

are u joking? camping isnt wrong it just slows down games... how many times must i say that for the love of god... and 2nd gtfo im a "pansy" because my reflexes allow me to run and gun... im sorry if i can shoot moving targets with ease and win gun fights while strafing... im sorry my eyes can keep up with a 8-10 sensitivity... im sorry i can ads all the time and still kill u drop shooting, head glitching, steady aim spraying losers.... im sorry i have enough balls to run into your spawn and kill your whole team...im sorry i carry my team on my back and get the most kills & least deaths despite playing aggressive... im sorry i dont have the patience to sit and wait for the other team to come to me... please what a fu*king joke...i now see the only thing u people ant are easy kills and slow paced games where u can do well... fyi it takes no skill to camp i can camp and get good scores easily... rushing takes skill because a bad rusher can die  alot and hurt his team.. a bad camper wont give up many kills but wont contribute much either so they are just dead weight.. this thread has seriously opened my eyes... 

josh1073

people camp in the same places if you are to lazy or dumb to check the common camping spots while you are red dot rushing you deserve a cap in your ass.

my guide to noob

1, check the courners

2, dont rush be smart

3, you die dont rush back to the spot you got killed

4, run support it shows flankers and rushers

my easy way to get a 1.70 K/D and no camping involved =)

blkbumblebee17

i have a 2+kd pure rushing so i do just fine, and your guide is ok but let me help u a bit

your 1st is spot on but thats a no brainer, the 2nd is if you cant react but i can so i have no issue with rushing, and 3 i rush back to prevent other teammates from falling into the same trap since most people dont run with a mic... and support class dosent show flankers and rushers u have to get a uav up which is 4 kills then advanced uav at 12 i only need 2 kills with hardline for that so what use is support also i run with air streaks that help out my team and flush out campers in the open who dont have assassin... so while your trying to get tru your first stealth bomber ive hit tru my streaks twice... so yes your idea is ok but it works for passive players and even then its iffy at best

u cant stop campers simple as that what u think there going to make a game type were if u stand still to long u die. Let ppl play the way they want to dude, i hate campers myself but i cant stop them and hey, everyone campes now and then. also what about snipers wat do they do not everyone quickscopes all the time (i only do it in privite matchs or if someone is to close for me to hardscope, and i find it funny how ppl rage aboutHS but thats a diffent story) in any case u cant stop ppl from camping let them do what they want no game type (other then infection withc i hope gets fixed) can stop them from camping

its part of the game ,get over it

Well you can thank the babies that moaned that the noobtubes well far to powerful because they were designed for room clearance, now you have blastshield and no way to counter campers.

So congrats to the idiots that ruined the M203

Snipingdbag

Make ppl with low movement % percentages per game wear Pink clothes & shine a pink light of "pussyness." Same must happen to ppl who have Final stand & dead man's hand as their deathstreak.

I swear to god the retarded tweens on this forum won't be happy until the maps are all completely empty 20 foot by 20 foot rooms. The game is already near impossible to camp in for MANY reasons. If you are still complaining about camping in this game you seriously need to up your dose of ritalin.

The sad part about all this is that the devs actually think the vocal minority of tweens crying about campers and wanting quick scopin are how the majority of real players feel. They are the reason why this game is so one dimensional and completely boring.

ghamorra

This game is incredibly faced paced and there's lot's of times where I find it neccessary to camp simply because I know that several people will come sprinting past me not even paying attention. If you want to keep me from camping then you need to start camping and force me to come find you. Otherwise I'm going to take advantage of your inability to pay attention and your need to run around aimlessly

blkbumblebee17

yea when im in full beast mode i might miss a guy or too when rushing but i still love slashing a guy and hearing him freak out because he didnt think i knew he was there... news flash dont stay in the same area for more than one kill because im coming back to make you give up your spot... i refuse to let a guy build streaks with easy kills because i dont have protection from it on any class so i constantly have to keep guys from going on a run

blkbumblebee17

explain your reasons its hard to camp in this game because i see a crap load of campers who can do it well in most cases so i dunno what your talking about... and i have a second account where i just bs around and play infected but on occasion i'll play a regular match just not like i would on my main account because i dont care.... one match i decided to camp and i still ended up 27-7 which is sad because all i did was lay prone in front of door ways then in another game i went 30-8 just sitting in an obvious spot and didnt move until i was killed the other team went ballistic on their mics.. but it proved to me that camping takes little to no skill

There are so many gametypes which needs these "campers" to win the game. For example if you play domination when you capture one place it says on top of it that "Defend" so I really can't defend it without camping and by camping I mean randomly changing position after every kill to surprise the enemy. And you can also camp back. =)

blkbumblebee17

i disagree dom does not require u to camp... most points in dom are within reasonable distance of each other maybe with bakara & interchange being the exceptions... if you control 2 spots then there is almost always a path that leads between the two so you can patrol and defend at the same time... trust me if they feel like your everywhere then they play angry and sloppy making their aim horrible which makes them easier to kill so i still see no reason to camp