46 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 4:05 PM by februarystars81 RSS

Drop Zone complaints.

trialstardragon

From what I have gathered from what a read the reason most hate drop zone being removed was because it was a fast way to gain exp in the game. In other words it was a boosting game mode just like BO's noobtown 24/7 was. If the only reason you are mad is because it was a fast way to gain exp and level, then I am more then happy they removed it. I thought noobtown 24/7 was a mistake when it was used too.

For those of you that complain that it was the only mode you can play your a fool for even trying to play that card. There are more than enough game modes and playlists you could play on. If you chose or refuse to not do so, that is your fault and not the developers ever. For those that act like they ahve no life now that it is gone... seriously?! If you have no life now that a single game mode is gone from the public list when it still can be played in private matches... you had no life to begin with and you really need your head checked.

Stop acting like it was a gift from heaven, and that it was the best game mode ever in the game series. If you think it was, then you have little to no undersanding about the game at all...

And the real reason behind the complaints is because now since its not a public mode, if anyone plays it they can not gain exp while doing so. Which means your just a bunch of whiners that complain because you can not level up while playing it anymore.

• Re: Drop Zone complaints.
    KTPhoenix

i do have to say that i didnt care for DZ.

but anytime i was on playing with my friends, all they wanted to play was DZ and i pretty much just went with it. DZ is basically just HQ on steroids. and i just got tired of constantly getting flashed and people using the striker so much not to mention not even going for the objective but just farming kills.

this gets rid of all those idiots who just used that mode to farm kills and abuse the game mechanic like they do in DOM and HQ. we already have 2 modes like that, we dont need another one.

About fast xp in Drop Zone. How exactly do you earn fast xp in Drop Zone? People do know that you don't get the +20, right? You only get xp for your kills, not for playing the objective. The objective rewards you with cool poinstreak rewards which reward you with kills.

KTPhoenix

how does that make sense? what if you are not the one who capped the drop zone? you dont get anything towards your pointstreak if you are not the one who capped it. the one who caps it is the one who earns all the CP that drop. and you dont have point streaks in DZ, only what comes from the CP that drops.

trialstardragon

And those kills add to exp, and a larger end of game exp bonus for the winining team. Which equates to faster exp if you controlled the zone long enough. Plus if one team constantly dominates the zone the games end fairly quick, which meas another match quick, which means gaining more exp per hour played then other game modes that may take longer. Same as why so many liked noobtown 24/7 because of the faster games which meant more games per hour, thus more exp per hour.

MUPHinATHONG

That's not true. Check out Whydushootme on youtube. He has a game of Drop zone where he gets 0 kills in drop zone and still finishes first. You get +20 for each 'x' amount of seconds that you're in the drop zone... I don't even play the game mode and I know that. So either you play the mode and have no idea what you're doing in it, or you don't play the game mode and have no idea what you're talking about...

februarystars81

That is just the game score, nothing to do with xp . . . When the game mode first came out the game score represented the xp you received but when i have played the game mode recently my game score did not match up with my xp! My match xp was a very small fraction of my game score.

Jessssica

I just don't see why they couldn't keep it up too. Keep it fair. Let those who love it, keep playing it. Those who don't like it don't have to play it. Everyone would be happy.

KTPhoenix

why not just go and play HQ? its basically the EXACT same thing. the only difference is that instead of getting CP you get XP.

Jessssica

Because it's not as exciting. I had a huge thrill playing DZ.

It was so much fun when you got a pave low or helicopter, which i would never get in any other game. Drop Zone just opened up a lot of possibilities for those players who don't do well with assault killstreaks...etc. It was so full on. I loved that.

KTPhoenix

oh yea, i can see how getting a CP with a predator or airstrike is thrilling and having the DZ move somewhere else and then getting a multikill with the pred cuz the whole enemy team is on the new DZ (which i have already done before).

mountchoppy

bring back drop zone and not as dlc

I really don't get how this gametype was a fast way to gain exp?  You don't get the +20 points as stated above, and you also don't have any killstreaks.  The only points you get are from kills.  I really wouldn't care if they made it so you couldn't level up in that gametype.  I would still play it.  It WAS the best gametype that has been made so far.  And just because I think that doesn't mean I don't have any understanding about the game?  It was a faced paced gametype and it limited camping due to the changes in objective.  Headquarters is nowhere near the same as DZ.  A team actually has to capture the HQ to win.  DZ was just much more intense and interesting.  It was something new and fresh they brought into the game.  IMO they shouldn't have put it in the community but in the standard playlist.

Initially I would simply camp the drop zone and get 4k+ points per game, but hardly any kills. I didn't realize that this yielded hardly any XP at the end of a match, so the gamemode is definitely tailored to those who are good at both playing the objective, and racking up kills.

starbuckfrack

I pre-ordered the game cause I heard Drop Zone was going to be in it .

Now I have nothing to do in life but stare at the playlist menu until it comes back.

But seriously Drop Zone was a very intense game, and if it comes back then great. If it doesnt come back then there are plenty of other things to do in life. Like go outside, go do some situps, play some baseball without assistance of the Kinect, go out and enjoy that bright yellow thing in the sky.

i must admit i loved that game type mostly for a few reasons...

1. centralized spot that most people will be at

2. no killstreaks

3. good amount of xp

4. as stated above i could never get a a/c130 or a ofsprey gunner im not that good....here i have a chance to actually try it....it sucks when certain killstreaks are just not available to you because you play objectives and the campers get you.

5.makes you constantly move so the dark corner mcdougals just dont sit in the same spot all game.

No campers in DZ, that is what made it the best game mode. Super fast paced and just generally the most fun ive had on any cod game, and ive had all of them so you can't say just because some one like DZ they have no understanding of the game.

@trialstardragon

The reasons why players like us loved Drop Zone was not just to level up, but numerous reasons:

-Quick games: Man as a father with a 3 year old it is tough to play some modes that takes 15 minutes to complete

-Fast pace action: With quick games comes adrenaline rushes

-Objective based: Win as a team. Lose as a team and kill whores get less points for not playing the objective.

Look, when you wrote this post I get you are trying to calm the storm, but I bet you a 100 bucks plus a ham sandwhich that if the developers took away one of your favorite modes you would be posting negatively. People playing drop zone wasn't hurting anyone so if it makes the people who shelled out 50 bucks happy then why not please them?

trialstardragon

Actually no I would not care if they removed any of the game modes or playlists from the game. It is just a game to me nothing more. I do not really care what playlists it has or does not. I am not going to get upset if they removed any of them; because I can play on all of them the same. I do not have a favorite playlist or game mode and never did, nor never will.

It is just dumb for people to be making such a big fuss out of one playlist when there are others that can be played. Drop Zone was not nearly as great as many try to claim it was. I played it before for several hours and it was not any better than any other game mode. Infact it was just as bad as HQ and CTF and DOM where people do camp for kills. And even in DZ people sitll camped for kills.

And the main reason people cry about it being gone is now if they play it in private matches they do not get exp and that is all they are worried about. Playing the game and not gaining exp to continue to level up.

dropzone wasnt about the xp for me i loved the choas the game generated 12 players fighting over one drop point was great

Dude, I think you completely missed the entire point of why we like dropzone. We like dropzone not because of XP or "easy kills" or any other crap like that. We like it because it's just a lot of fun to play in that mode. It was never about gaining experience or going up in levels. Hell, I wouldn't even care if XP or levels were even included in that game. The reason we like it is BECAUSE IT IS FUN. Obviously you don't seem to understand that not everyone plays MW3 because we are in competition with everyone else wanting to show off emblems or titles or the size of their dicks. We want dopzone because its a fun game for us, period. If you can't understand that then you have no life outside of MW3 (as evidenced by the massive amount of time you seem to have wasted in your life writing posts). Those of us who do have lives outside of MW3 just want to be able to have fun when we play and preferably without you.

Yeah, squarejester knows what's up. Thumbs up, bro.

trialstardragon

You say that but if it was just a private match and no exp was gained people would begin to complain about it. For most only liked those quick chaotic game modes like noobtown 24/7-Drop Zone because of fast games, which meant more exp per hour played, which meant leveling faster.

I can gurantee if it was made a no exp list people would cry just as much about that as they are doing now about it being gone.

It was never promised as a permament playlist ever. Just like in BO where people thought noobtown 24/7 was susposed to be permament and when it was removed cried to high heavens over it for weeks.

People may like it because it is fun and isnt a "kill farm" or whatever you think. But it is very uin reasonable for someone who wants to play this game have enough friends online that want to play it or be able to invite people and fill a lobby ina arelatively short amount of time. In my opinion all Community playlist game types shouldnt count for stats but should count for XP or give out a certain amount of XP each game (like around 2000-2500)

Jessssica

Oh how i miss you Drop Zone

My friends miss it too. That's all we ever played.

I dont get dropzone or how people can like that game. I played it one time on lockdown and i went 60-3. You dont even have to go in the drop zone. Just have one friend go jump in there then the rest of the team just pick people off. I had a hell of a game with my type 95. I promised myself to never play that game mode again...

graphitetek

So you go into an objective game, proceed to killfarm with your  Type 95 and then drop your so f'n impressive(NOT) score on us. One thing you left out...did your team win the match, what with ONLY 1 member ACTUALLY playing the objective? On a personal note, thank you, on behalf of all objective players, for not playing this mode. I hate getting saddled with players like you on my team...who "don't get" the game. I've played too many matches of Dom, Demo, CTF etc....with no-lifes who are too thick to play the objective or just choose to "not get" the game.

starbuckfrack

BenjyBangz wrote:

I dont get dropzone or how people can like that game. I played it one time on lockdown and i went 60-3. You dont even have to go in the drop zone. Just have one friend go jump in there then the rest of the team just pick people off. I had a hell of a game with my type 95. I promised myself to never play that game mode again...

When one person stays in the objective area that means nothing. THAT is why people on my team or enemy teams lost the game. The objective is to get a full score before the other team does, Its not to kill farm.

Thats why people like you should not be in objective game cause you dont play the objective.

But it is funny to see someone with high kills at the bottom of the list with no objective points and also being on the losing team.

graphitetek

Well worded.

and you think the replacing it with infected is not boosting, really think about it. Infected you take on a less equipped enemy and then to win the game become infected, watch the win streaks on this, skill I think not.

trialstardragon

Not every match ends in win for the infected. I have played dozes of games where the other team won and the infected lost. I even got a flawless on infected. So no it is not just a w/lr boost game as some like to claim.

And I have played dozens where the infected stormed the map and the other team was destroyed so bad that the last surivior dahsboarded out of the game because they didnt want to become infected and lose.

I have seen both sides stalemate, I have seen it go to time and end in a draw. So no one side or the other does not always win.

Man, OP, you're harsh. I'm 10th 80 and I would always play drop zone. I didn't notice it gave out massive amounts of XP - I never cared. In my opinion it was one of the best designed game modes I have ever seen. Since it has been moved back to private lobbies only it's now really hard to get a game going sort of like how infection used to be. IMO infection is garbage. I just don't like it.

You may think you have everyone pegged, OP - but you don't. Nice thread u mad? and I believe it's spelled NUKETOWN 

trialstardragon

I know how it was spelled. It has been referenced as noobtown by many people that thought having 24/7 on that map was stupid when other maps would have been better. Just noobtown was chosen beause it makes for the fastest games and the most exp per hour when it was played.

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah 4,764 post of Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Didn't even attempt to argue my point did you? Blah Blah Blah noobtown Blah Blah Blah XP

puh lease

trialstardragon

As I told somoene else before I do not care about my post count you fool. They could remove them from the forums and it would not mean a thing to me..

People and their obsession about stats at times... wow the average intelligence of gamers has dropped.

You still didn't refer to my point about being 10th 80 and not caring about XP from Drop Zone.... and I don't care about your post count - just saying that all 5000 of them are probably the same repetitive junk you always post. It does show that you have a massive amount of free time to spend on a gaming forum arguing about things that either don't matter or you have no control over or both. Blah Blah Blah Blah

You shouldn't call people fools. It shows you lost the argument and have resorted to name calling. Good job.

W0rmW0rt

I loved to play DZ because it was so much of a team based objective game that did not cater to campers or boosters or k/d whores.  It would often yield far LESS XP than other game modes as there was far less possibility for challenge bonus XP.  When I wanted to gain XP quick I played domination or team deathmatch.  The great part of DZ was playing with a crew of 4 or 5 friends and communicating to win the objective.  Often we all may even have a k/d of 1 or even lower but still win the game.

KTPhoenix

yea i can see how it was fun, constantly having flashes spammed at you every second and people always throwing grenades and spamming strikers. oh, forgot to mention how fun it was to get a couple multikills a game cuz you get a pred and throw it on an enemy controlled DZ. the kill farmers were fun too. [/sarcasm]

the people that mainly complained was the people that like sniping and getting kill feeds ( dont lie everyone knows that 5-6 people all run to the drop zone to cap / get killstreaks.

Basicly the gametype was full off badkids that welll run around like headless chickens getting to the zone.

Please IW Remove this gametype so all these headless chickens come to domination it I would make me happy

Only joking why would iw remove this gametype in the first place wasnt it the 2nd most played gametype lol.

Bear90ofs

I Enjoy drop zone because its fun not because of XP or easy kills. why would it matter if they keep it? they should have many game modes. i think private matches are boreing so i think its good that they have drop zone in public matches.

trialstardragon

The issue was in how many playlists the game can have at one time. There is a limit to how many playlists the game can support because of the size of the playerbase at any one given point in time. Too many playlists thins out the playerbase and makes it harder for matchmaking to fill up lobbies and thus causes bad hosts to be chosen which creates laggy games.

In order to put it back in they had to rearrage a few of the playlists, which if was chosen poorly would upset just as many players as was upet about when it was first removed.

Really the simple solution is to make the community playlist unranked. No exp weapons or player, no stats. Make it just like the unranked lists in Halo. Than it would not matter how people played in them.

I don't see why you're still complaining about this. You honestly can't blame an extra mode for the lag and matchmaking problems. Maybe if there were other game modes waiting to be implemented, then yes, maybe considering removing one of the current community playlists would be a good idea, but that isn't the case.

Plenty of people enjoy drop zone. It's way different than any other mode. If I'm getting frustrated in standard modes, I can just turn to DZ, play with some killstreaks, level up some lesser-used perks, etc. Sure it might be an easy way for experience for people who have a tough time in TDM, KC, dom, etc., but it isn't ridiculous and there isn't a problem with it.

trialstardragon

I am not complaining that they added it back in, I am just stating as to why they can not just add in even more lists like some people think they should.

And I still feel that stats should be disabled and no exp gained in any community playlist. That it should be like Bungies version of how the unranked playlists were in Halo.

its not as bad now, i still enjoy it, like i am right now xD

i love dropzone its one of the best game modes for racking up kills and still being able to play the objective

no reason to bump this thread...............