26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 3:12 AM by Antag0nisT RSS

AWESOME guide to the SCAR-L!

Hello, and welcome Here is my guide to the Scar-L, please share your tips for success with this weapon.

• Re: AWESOME guide to the SCAR-L!

Well produced, but seriously, pay someone to do your commentaries for you. Wiggy would rather stab his ears drums out with a dull set of kitchen sheers than listen to you commentate. Do not take that as a personal attack, but think of it as criticism that will improve your subscriber base as you have some great ideas for productions. Some of the best movie producers in the world couldnt act to save their lives and they certainly aren't voiceover professionals either. Take it for what you will, there are good points and some really bad ones from your videos, just giving you some direction for the future.

UnderFire

Come on 'wigs leave the guy alone lol. His accent is understandable, he makes clear points for the most part, and hes trying to share some things he has learned to help others. Plus he doesn't sound like a clone of every other hoodoo out there. Keep it up ElMatadorY.

gallp13

El Matador...Wiggy is wise and good......and has many subs.......but gallp loves your commentary style and particularly your accent. Makes you stand out from the crowd and is very pleasant to old gallps ears. Have said so from your first commentary and subbed on the same day.......;)

Firstly, thanks for the feedback, Wiggy. It is important to receive criticism as it is the only way through which I can improve the quality of my content. I appreciate that you are in agreement with the structure of my videos, however, when it comes to the commentary, I'm afraid I can't really ask somebody else to do it for me. Plus, I get satisfaction from doing the commentary and communicating my tips

So, thanks for the feedback man, but I'm afraid I can't oblige ATM. I am living in the United Kingdom, so the thickness of my accent is reducing. Maybe, in time, it will be tolerable for you! Thank you for your kind words, UnderFire and gallp! It is good to know that most people on YouTube in general can bear my voice. And I agree; I like to bring my unique African style as it is different from the norm, and will hopefully provide some much needed refreshment. Thank you!

ElMatadorY wrote:

Firstly, thanks for the feedback, Wiggy. It is important to receive criticism as it is the only way through which I can improve the quality of my content. I appreciate that you are in agreement with the structure of my videos, however, when it comes to the commentary, I'm afraid I can't really ask somebody else to do it for me. Plus, I get satisfaction from doing the commentary and communicating my tips

So, thanks for the feedback man, but I'm afraid I can't oblige ATM. I am living in the United Kingdom, so the thickness of my accent is reducing. Maybe, in time, it will be tolerable for you! Thank you for your kind words, UnderFire and gallp! It is good to know that most people on YouTube in general can bear my voice. And I agree; I like to bring my unique African style as it is different from the norm, and will hopefully provide some much needed refreshment. Thank you!

Wiggy certainly glad you took his critique as it was intended, by no means did he mean to offend you, that is just a personal preference. Wiggy does hope you big success because you honestly do seem to have a passion for this, Good luck Sir.

Good guide, and I disagree with splitting. I liked your voice and you were different than most other videos, in a good way. I watched a video of splitting after he commented and found his voice to be much worse to listen to than yours. Just my opinion. Keep it up sir.

Thanks, man, I appreciate the kind words! Yes, I sound different from most commentators, which is good for some, but not good for others. But since a lot of people seem happy with it, I will just continue being myself and posting informative content

gallp13

El Matador you did the SCAR L thank you I have a nice cup of coffee and about to sit mpback and enjoy. Seriously I am going to write to Machinima and see if we can't get you a gig!

gallp13

Maaaaaate...! You have stepped it up serious music...serious commentary.....niiiiice move my friend...this is very good stuff!

gallp13

Beautiful game play as well both up close and at distance. The only other game play I will watch all the way through are LP and Wiggy. el Matador you have done it again!

How about and LMG next....I don't use them but would love to some solid play and your usual sound analysis.

Thank you very much, my friend! Yes, I did the Scar-L like you and many others suggested. I started using it a few days ago and have already unlocked golden camo, because it is just sooo good to use! I'm happy that you are pleased with the new format An LMG is a good idea, because they are by far the most underrated wepons in the game. I have been using the MK46, so I might feature it in the weapon guide. Until then, I think I'll give some tips for using the Reaper/AC-130 or maybe some other pointstreak rewards.

And I hope you enjoyed your coffee

Great guide, makes me realize how truly versatile the Scar-L really is. I believe I will be using it a lot more from now on, thanks to your guide. Also your voice wasn't a problem while watching the video, I understood everything you said completely. Keep up the good work, ElMatadorY

10/10. Great commentary. I liked how you explored the versatility of the weapon (attatchements/proficiencies/perks), while still placing your opinion on what you think is the best set up for the gun. I love the Scar-L, and I'm glad you did a gun guid for it. Keep up the good work, and don't let the haters bring you down. Your voice is anything but a problem

Nice job 

SCAR-L is one of my fav guns in this game, and was the first assault rifle I fell in love with in MW3.  I liked the commentary and you explored the versatility of this gun very well.  Also- that's a wicked accent, don't let it "reduce"!

Have you done the M4A1 yet?  It became my favorite assault rifle about 3-4 prestige's ago, and it's definitely underrated!  I'd love to see your thoughts on that gun, or maybe even one of the LMG's (i.e. L86-LSW or PK-PECHENEG (spelling?))

Nice vid, very thorough. I see no problem with the commentary - it is very informative and concise. Keep up the good work!

CowboySr

It looks like a good Scar tutorial. No offense but I did have a bit of trouble with your accent. Maybe under your video you could edit in what you think the best final class for this would be with proficiencies and perks. 

I like the accent, makes it stand out from others. Same with your syntax, it makes the vid more interesting. 5/5!