1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 7:30 AM by Tomnician Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    mjw3786

wow that didn't even occur to me. there are people who RESET their stats LoL !!!

as in, they got to max level and wanted to keep going so instead of giving them more prestiges you let them reset then said "oh btw if you want to get to TRUE max prestige you'll need to do a total of 25-30 prestiges now.

i don't understand why they hate their community like this

• 21. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?

To me, it feels like IW rushed to complete MW3.. either that or it did not occur to them that there dashboard could cause problems.. I mean take a look at the game play.. laggy scripting, stupid slow and inaccurate knifing, and may I say FMG9's and Type 95's.. Really? 1 burst kill? stupid.... I hope with BLOPS2 they show some diversity. I have been 10th prestige level 80 for some time now. I have been grinding away at the golden weapons. Yes I am kinda pissed that they are adding prestiges but at the same time I dont mind gaining more XP .

• 22. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?

Their biggest fear is that players will say they made it to the top and sell the game.

How many articles over the years have you read where the developers have great ideas in their newest game that will keep it fresh so players will have something to play for etc etc.

It does seem as though this team underestimated the players of MW3.

• 23. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?

Im kinda annoyed about this to since i have 33/33 of the gold guns and like 150 challneges to go since ive been 10th since nov , but owell will give me something to actually do instead of just doing stupid headshot challeneges for all the guns

• 24. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    GONExFISHING

idont see what the big deal is im 10-80 and have alot of challenges done but just think how much fun itll be to do it all over 5 more times lol

• 25. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    mjw3786

i don't see how they underestimated anything? i'm at 9+ days played and i'm 9th prestige. 24 hrs of game play to advance 1 prestige is already beyond ridiculous. sure i could boost and do it faster but that defeats the purpose for me.

the whole idea of max level is a sense of accomplishment once you finish the grind. not whew i made it now here's 10 more levels please play my game!

it is insulting and i don't understand why they would look at a few hundred players who have little/not other responsibilities that allow them to play 2-3x more than I do and assume this is a popular opinion so hey let's cater to the ultra hardcore fanbase.

you suck IW

• 26. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    CowboySr

Its obvious they either underestimated how quickly people would get to 10-80, or that they had this planned the whole time.  The points theyre giving out for game modes other than TDM are insane. Ive played over 90% TDM in both Black Ops and MW3 and I Hit Final Prestige in Bops in about 500 hours. On pace in this game to hit the same mark in 300 hours. Seemed like the CODs before that took even longer.  Theyre not scaling the points properly. I remember I played pretty consistently in the first COD and was always on pace with the best. In WAW I rarely saw anyone more than 1 prestige ahead of me. Now youve got people 10th prestige in the first couple weeks. They need to curbatil the points on all the modes to make them even. 

As for the extra prestige's, Im glad theyre coming. Id be a little upset if I had earned all my gold guns, but my god people this game just came out 3 months ago. Just enjoy the experience. It gives you something extra to do. A new playing field for all those that are capped.

• 27. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    rankismet

Jus_call_me_J wrote:

Thanks for the link...

I don;t see how taking away all of the10-80's perks and gold guns is a bonus or compensation though?

It's a perfect inconvenience to us, not a belated gift...

You know... you can just...

Not

Prestige.

Nothing is forcing you to.

• 28. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    TheBeastlyDude

What is the big deal?

• It doesn't take too long to get a gun gold.
    • Getting perks to Pro has never been easier.
    • The first 60 levels of a prestige are easy to go through.

This community has turned into a bunch of people who look for a reason to whine with any change, both positive and negative. No one is making you go to 15th prestige, you are just upset that you have the option.

I actually think people are just mad because they did the prestige token glitch to get to 10, didn't get caught and now they have to do 5 more prestiges without all those double XP tokens. If you didn't do the token glitch, then why are you so upset? It obviously didn't take you too long to get where you are at. What is another 5 prestiges? What about another 10? 20?

• 29. Re: So I hear they are adding 5 prestiges... What about my Golden Guns?
    schlag2dash

One of the big reason of leveling up so quick is that they give you points for playing the objective now. Which was desperately needed. Also the doritos and mountain dew xp gave everyone up to 24 hours of double xp...