26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 1:14 AM by sporry RSS

Why are ppl dumb?

Honestly I dont understand why ppl cant use basic intelligence in this game. When a person is holding a back corner of a map while ADS'ing. why do you keep going there to die 12,13,14 times in a row? If you just dont go there he'll either not get any kills or get killed while moving to a high traffic area. Also STOP GOING THE SAME WAY. Also if you go 2-20 please shoot the stuff out of the sky... im actually killing ppl why do i need to kill myself to shoot this stuff down?

Sorry very aggrivating session of CoD where I was just trying to get the breath title while using a thermal sight on a AR. Yet I went in the majority of the games 20+ with a decent kd and still lost a few cause of dumb ppl that just feed campers kills over and over again.

Thanx for letting me vent...

• Re: Why are ppl dumb?

i know how you feel. Friday i was playing TDM and the team i was on all had double digit kills single digit deaths(mine was the lowest 11-9) and only 2 ppl on the other team had positive kdr the rest were single digit kills and double digits deaths AND WE STILL LOST!! the match. I don't get how that happened.

the only reason id go back for the revenge kill is rage. why should he sit there the full game ads takes no skill so im coming back for you eventually.

id never go back 12,13 times though thats dumb. agree aswell at the 2-20s shooting down killstreaks not going to contribute with kills at least shoot down the airsuppport.

feels good to vent that mw3 rage doesnt it mate. lol.

It does feel good. I mean seriously. Im going 24-3 with a thermal AR. Why do I have to take out the reaper and 2 attack helis. Also if the enemy team spams UAV's through on assassin and rush them. (Ill never condone sitting in a corner with it)

Just think seriously. You should have to play this game when you hit 18 with average players. If you play dumb you should just get shot. Its obvious you are a dumb individual. Lets be honest this game boils down to common sense which unfortunately proves that the majority of this community has none

Most of the community are morons, that's why.

I think the problem lies with too many young children who really don't take the game seriously are mixing with those serious players and it obviously doesn't go well.  I'm on of those serious players and I can't stand people that camp all game providing no support or feed kills to enemies.  My personal observation that basically the majority of the time it's obviously a younger player is they really don't understand what they're doing.

rankismet

thisguygotcha wrote:

WHY ARE PPL DUMB?

Because they can't spell "people"?

xSmuGGLe

There will always be newbs

SalemInChains

Some people are born this way.

Some people have thier parents poor morals or ethics to blame.

Some people refuse to take responsibility for thier own thoughts/actions.

If you think it gets better as you get older, I got news for ya. Its doesnt. The same stupid people who you hear from in game are gonna be the same stupid people who are still stupid in thier adult years and worst of all, pass thier stupidity on to thier children.

Its a vicious cycle.

WiseguyFTL

I don't get this either. If you just got the game your gunskill is 0, I can understand that, but most of the people on this planet have this thing called a brain. They SHOULD understand, if they get killed over and over while running a certain route, they should NOT be running that route AGAIN! When I started playing COD (early mw2 days) I had no freaking idea what I was doing, but if I died I watched the killcam so I could learn from it, and after a while I remembered not to run out in the open on Wasteland, because you will get sniped. Why can't these people do the same? I see people of 2nd, 3rd prestige having a 0.3 k/d. I just don't get it...

SalemInChains

Guys, IW took the brain requirement out of this game with the return of things like QSing and dropshotting.

Why do you think there are thousands of mindless lemmings running around trying to get that 1 kill to load up to youtube? because COD now caters to those children who throw out team work and instead are looking for "Youtube fame" whatever that is.

Drop shotting and qs takes skill and situational awareness. You need to know in both cases when the correct time to use either.

WiseguyFTL

QS gets hated on a lot on these forums and I got used to it, but what's wrong with dropshotting? I prefer playing against someone on tactical who dropshots than to play against someone on default who panic knifes... + dropshotting is really easy to counter by aiming down, or even hipfiring. If you can't kill someone who dropshots, like me, your reaction time must be low, because you should be able to drag your aim down at the same speed as he drops to the floor...

I keep going because it makes me laugh.

ghamorra

People are just incapable of metacognition (thinking about thoughts). It's actually a learning disability. If you're fimiliar with any of Piaget's research you'll know this. At around the age of 12, people develop the ability to think through thoughts to come up with better solutions to problems. Some people, those with ADD, don't do this effectively. They are stuck between a pre-operational (age 2-7) and concrete operational (7-12) thought. So the know the person's there but are incapable of figuring out the best manner of dealing with the task at hand

Well, something just hit me regarding the idiocy of people in COD....

....these whom we call idiots, even if for suitable reasons as described by the OP above, probably just "don't care", or don't take gameplay of this game seriously.  To these people, it's not about "being smart" or being a professional player, a term that quite possibly doesn't exist in the mindset of such a person.  This such person will hear our complaints about dealing with his incompetence in-game, but he, who knows that he has his own life and doesn't spend as much time on games like COD as much as we do, can easily brush off our complaints, and go as far as to call us losers.  To him, when we complain, we're "losers" because "we're taking gameplay seriously".  This person, who calls us losers, probably does have a life of his own, even if it's having a career in a common (possibly local) field, even if it's getting laid more than any of us will ever get in fifty lifetimes, even if it's spending all his money at the bar, those sorts of things.

Other than that depressing encounter, sometimes you may have a player who is having a "lazy day", and as such that person may act stupid in-game.  This experience is something we're all prone to.  The difference is disciplining yourself to recognize your own errors and to correct them.

Snipingdbag

This game is not that hard to get decent at nor does it requires a lot of practice. To be Constant yes & do good against ppl who play it daily yes, but come on this game has got to be the easiest shooter to get a kill in. It's full with random BS that helps newb players as well.

Logical thinking and having two hands > plus 1 k/d in a game at least, taking it matchmaking is somewhat balanced & you have a decent connection to the host.

tensor32

I really wish that the dumb asses that play objective game modes, wouldn't play them! Because I'm sick and tired of being the only one trying defend objectives so my team can win. Instead of my teammates stopping a guy from taking an objective, they go in the other direction. It's fuckin annoying.

Sooner or later i'm just gonna stop playing until they fix it so that the shitty people are always on one team and not mixed up with the good players.

ghamorra

I feel that in objective game modes there should be one protector. I've been in many CTF games where our flag spends an entire match on the enemy's side. You can't win if you don't have control over your own flag

I played a game of Drop Zone in a party of 2 with 4 randoms.  My friend and I got just under 5,000 score each and we had a guy that played 8 minutes of the 10 minute game to finish with 270 score total.  We lost 7440-7420, I don't understand how people could be so stupid to run directly away from the Drop Zone every single life.

Its amazing. all I ask for are the idiots that are amazing at hiding on my team. Just go 1 - 5. I can win the game with my 2-3 man party as long as I can focus on the objective and not the killstreaks you feed the enemy.

Btw, never yell in game at people, it just encourages to play the same way.