23 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2012 1:51 PM by xSmuGGLe RSS

Anyone else sick of playing with teammates who have sawdust for brains?

Sometimes I wonder how people can do so damn poorly in this game. One, does someone actually enjoy getting pummeled game after game? I can hardly believe that. Two, how does someone not improve over the course of one or two prestiges? I am used to the game pairing me up with people who are low levels and haven't prestiged yet, while people on the other team is all 5, 6, 7 prestiges.

MW2 was my first COD and I did so badly when I started, but by the time I reached 1st prestige I could do quite well all the time. I just don't understand how people cannot improve after going through 1,2 even 10 prestiges. Even if you don't do very well, how difficult is it to just stay positive? I don't know what people are thinking. Take for example yesterday, I was playing a match on Fallen, and right at the start of the match there was a sniper posted up in the tall building. My teammates just kept going back the exact same way. No one thought to flank around, every one of them died. I proned on the ground and watch them go back like sheep getting slaughtered. They aren't even as smart as sheep. If a sheep knew it was going to be killed it would run away. Anyways, 45 seconds or so into the game this guy already got an AC130. I shook my head and left the game.

tl;dr I'm sick and tired of playing with people who go 3-20, 5-16 every game. I'm tired of playing with people who don't know what the word flanking means. I'm tired of being the one having to tell teammates "Someone is sneaking up on you" because I saw the red dot and they didn't. If you feel the same way, add me derp_derp_derp. I need some help here. I carry teams but I'm no miracle worker.

• Re: Anyone else sick of playing with teammates who have sawdust for brains?
    black2death

i hear you, most of my team mates can hardly hold there own in a fire fight. a couple of nights ago I played TDM with some randoms and "surprise" we lost. not a big deal, but my entire team went 3-15 or worse, and I was the only one with a 2+kd is that game. and I joined late.

the stupidity of some people is really anoying me, but hey, what can we do. we'll just have to live with it

I agree.  I understand some people suck at the game, but I don't blame them as much as I do the Matchmaking system used on the game itself. 

Example.   If you go 25-2 and your team wins, the next game it will be you and most of the guys that were like 4-16, 8-12, 10-11, etc.  vs team that went 15-4, 20-13, 11-3, etc and you will get destroyed cause you are the only one getting kills.  NOW on the flip side of that, if you were one of the guys on the losing team that went 3-16 you're more likely to win the next game cause the matchmaking server will put you on the guy that went 25-2, and you play the way you normally do say avg 18-7 and you win easily cause you got on the team with the guy went 25-2 + your 18-7 while the other team is still in the teens and 10's in kills.  I've notice this alot. 

Everytime I have a great game in the 20's in kills, I know before the next game starts i'm getting stuck with all the shitty players from last game. 9/10 times this is the system it uses.

OH, and derp_derp_derp keep your eye out for a friend request from me. as I'm tired of this system as well and could use some players lookin out and playing the game smart instead of just rushing straight forward and hoping for the best.

featherman84

+1 for the original poster, and for god's sake stop spoiling ammo wich doesn't hurt your teammates on the start of a match, it's anoying and most of all totally useless.

Ever thought it could be host lag issues ,i can go 4.1 kd not hosting to 4/ 23 when i host same people /players .Could be your not that great ang getting the good end of the host lag .

tensor32

This is one of the biggest problems for the game, besides lag. Whenever I join a game I look directly at the stats of the team before I pick a class & help out because if the team is terrible I leave because there's no point in me dying trying to help people who won't help themselves by becoming a smarter player & use battle tactics.

StoNeS0629

Derp, I'll shoot you one next time Im on or you can shoot me one at StoNeS29.  I only play HC TDM for the most part though so not sure what you run.

This pic was from a couple nights ago, Paper is on my friends list and we run together alot.  We had several games that looked like this, not to this extreme though.  We had one game where there was a guy on our team that 0-18.  Another game of split screeners that went 4-32 combined.

Oh well, the pic didnt load...

I played in one game at the weekend and 2 people on my team went 0/15 and0/16.

Also played against a whole clan and their scores were pathetic on TDM. Most of them ended the game with around 3/25.

RAMBONER

Who the F uck cares. It is A VIDEO GAME......A  VIDEO G A M E.  Not life but a game to have fun.  I have a friend who I play with who has a kdr of .30 and he loves playing.  Not all of us base our lives on the outcome of a video game for some of us its what we do while the wife and kids are asleep or gone, or what we do while we drink an 18 pack on a friday night.  Oh and btw my buddy has been a full time fireman for 12 years, has a wife that could be on the cover of most calanders and a house the size of a castle so I think he could give two shakes about a video game statistic either.  . 

While his scores seem so pathetic to you elite, godly video game players,  Im sure other peoples lives seem pathetic to him 

All of you godly elite players please add derp so he can have a more complete life without bottom sucking video gamers bringing him down.

StoNeS0629

Think you're taking it a bit too serious there Ramboner.  Just becuase people like to win doesnt mean there life revolves around this or other games.  I have a wife and 2 kids as well and pretty much play when they are out or asleep as you mentioned but when i do play, I like to win.

It's just the way I am, can't speak for anyone else, but pretty much everything i do i want to win at.  If i go to the gym and get in a pick up game of basketball I want to win.  If there is a dude there that can't dribble the ball or misses every shot he takes, I don't want him on my team.

I am in no way saying people that put up horrible scores are bad human beings just that I dont want them on my team.  I give people the benifit of the doubt for the most part especially if I'm playing solo, I may see someone who went 3-15 one game against me and then they get put on my team, i won't leave immediately but if i go 25-3 and he goes 3-15 again and then the next game he is on my team again I will most likely leave before the game starts becuase i can pretty much chalk up another loss.

dlundebjerg28

I feel your pain, I seem to get shafted with the stupid teammates a lot of the time. I don't much care about their scores, if you go negative but are always trying for an objective or going for tags I can respect that. The ones that piss me off are the idiots who are constantly trying to quickscope, or constantly sitting in a corner and go like 5-3 for the entire match. The ones that piss me off even more are the idiots who constantly follow people around. Like I'm clearly trying to pick off a few enemies across the map, and they walk right in front of me and give the enemy a free double kill. Or you always get those morons that go prone in a doorway and block it off for the rest of the team. Its not really bad players that make me mad, its stupid ones that I hate getting stuck with. I've been stuck with plenty of idiots that go like 30-0 in Kill Confirmed, but are in the bottom 3 for scoring becasue they don't touch the tags. I'd much rather get stuck with a player that isn't the best who has a clue, then someone who has a fairly decent KDR but plays like a moron

Thesandman

I do know what you mean OP, but dont forget that for you to have a positive K/D ratio,other people have to have a negative ratio. On games like Domination it is a regular occurence to go negative but win the game.

You might be best playing FFA where you and only you would have an effect on the final result.

lol there should be a gamemode where only people with a kdr or win lose ratio above 1 can play

Gerbera

Finally, I see this kind of thread and others who understand my pain!!!! lol

This happened to me FIVE TIMES IN A ROW last night. >< (aside from being dropped into games where the score is like...500-800 to 3000+ with the opposing team having a chopper, AH-6, Pave Low, Reaper, and lucky Juggernaut from a Care Package all at once...)

As said, it's not "bad" players that are the problem, but the "stupid" players that irk people.

One of the worst games I went in was on Outpost and ALL BUT ONE of the team I was put on was STANDING STOCK STILL, camping in places (the bunker, the hangar, the upper floor of the building, etc). When I looked at the radar and saw only 1 other guy moving around and looked at the dudes as I ran through the map, I at first wondered if the game had froze right away until I killed a couple enemies running around.

But yeah, a game ending (usually in a loss) and being the ONLY one with double digit kills and single digit (or at least low double digit if that's the case) deaths while everyone else on the team has 0-4 kills and 12+ deaths feels really...yeah...Sometimes having it worse as in the next 2-3 games, I'd end up WITH THOSE SAME PEOPLE AGAIN. x_x;;

RAMBONER

@stone

Good points man and I definately didnt mean to come off that way.  I am also super competitive n played football and basketball and anything else that involved a ball for most of my life..haa...and I wouldnt want to lose to you throwing a toothpick at an empty can of beer. 

My problem isnt with that. It is with the mentality that you must be an idiot, dumb, or as OP put it sawdust for brains if you dont have a positive kdr.  Its the whole mentality that if you arent very good you shouldnt even play this game because so and so shouldnt have to suffer with a bad teammate.  I see thread after thread on this forum looking for clan members with a +2 KDR so join em and quit getting stuck with us sawdust for brains players. 

@dlund....I like your post man.  Your post isnt so much about kdr and more douchebag players.  I agree some *** camping, blocking a doorway pisses me off too cuz im usually in a hurry to go cap a flag and die or die die then cap either way I got **** to do not be stuck in a room cuz some homo is blocking the door most likely to pad his  2+kdr and not be a sawdust brain while I die trying to win the match for us.

@general....you are 100% right man.  Should be an advanced lobby for +kdrs.  That would be something for people to set as a goal.  Only problem is when mr. 2+kdr hands the controller to his little cousin whos never played then what.

06kev12

Was playing dropzone earlier. This guy went 0-10!! How do you not get 1 kill in dropzone? Christ just throw a grenade in the zone and you're bound to get a kill.

Anyways, I checked his stats.. 0.40 k/d and .20 w/l

monkeylord

This problem is way down the list after tac sitters in K.C, clans and "pros" who quit out even when not host this happens way to often at least 3-4 times a night, the crap music blasted out ,the ever present annoying WTF!!!!!!!!! no matter how clean the kill and the boosters at least dumb asses can be worked with and around most of the time they make good bait.

Gerbera

Oh god, the music...I HATE when they blast music and it echoes through EVERYONE'S speakers and sounds like a jumbled up piece of crap (if it doesn't originally sound like that anyway, lol). I bought a cheap headset just to plug in so I can mute it (so I can't be heard) and turn the headphone volume all the way down so I don't have to listen to it without having to keep manually muting people one by one.

I had a a "team" of killwhores last night on my squad in Demo. 3 of them and 2 of us.

After the first game was over and we won, all they did was talk trash to the other team "Get on my lvl", "Youre all a bunch of nooby scrubs" and "you all should kill yourselves u are so bad".

I then challenged them to actually play the objective and not killwhore all game seeing as though me and my buddy were the only ones near the bombs at any time while the other "team" was spawn camping.

Needless to say they went horribly negative (13-25, 11-32 and 8-34 all with under 2k points), gave up 2 AC130s and we lost. I managed to go 10-8 with over 2500 points from all teh defuses and plants.

I then became to center of abuse. i was a "tryhard" and a "too old to play this game".

Someday activision will realize these children and tweens they are catering to will be the downfall of this series if they dont get thier heads straight. If they dont, this series will go teh way of other "too big to kill" games like Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk games.

xSmuGGLe

That's why you get a full party..there's sites like hupit where you can inv other skilled players