15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 3:10 PM by Missing Snorlax RSS

Spy Planes - Put a tail light on those things

kastro187420

Honestly, in most maps, they are so hard to see. This was true in Black Ops aswell. I find myself spinning in circles with a stinger out trying to find them to shoot down, but never actually firing because they're so hard to see. I think a Red Tail light on enemy spy planes and counter-uavs would be really useful in helping people find them, and might encourage more people to actually shoot them down (which in itself would decrease the use of Assassin).

It's just so annoying trying to get Blind Eye Pro or just help out the team, when you can't find any of the things in order to actually shoot them down.

• Re: Spy Planes - Put a tail light on those things
    vims1990

I wish that a perk like Sitrep Pro or even Blind Eye Pro could detect UAV's/Spy Planes as they are constantly spammed for the entire match.

Most of my time is spent spinning 360 degrees just to look for them but by the time I locked in, someone kills me.

I placed an idea in the Black Ops Feedback thread regarding how we can combat spammed Spy Planes/UAV's including adding a personal UAV, Team UAV & Blackbird

OR as I mentioned above....

a perk which can highlight the spy plane in red for you to take down & earn a point towards my pointstreak.

You realise it's a 'Spy Plane' right? They are not meant to be extremely obvious.

sachinvats

try to play some Drop Zone match..........They are in plenty + strafe runs and helis......u can have Blind eye pro fast + a good game type to get recon pro and blast shield pro as well.

trialstardragon

Ya know I can agree on this. They are hard to see, which makes them harder to shoot down on some maps. And the time it takes to find one and fire usually gets you killed too.

iAmEFFeX

I actually am on the other side of this argument. I think that UAVs are pretty easy to find. As soon as I hear one is up, I start looking around the edges of the map and find them. I guess the key is that they don't fly directly over the map, they kind of circle them. It at least gives you a starting point.

kastro187420

See I do the same thing. I know the paths they normally take, but finding them is such a pain sometimes. Like TrailStarDragon, I find myself spending more time spinning in circles looking for them and getting shot in the process, than I do shooting them down.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, to encourage the use of Sam Turrets, but it's annoying. When playing and an enemy calls up a spy plane, the first thing the game says is "Take it down!"... yet if you try, in many of the maps, you get shot while spinning around.

Certain maps it's not even worth trying to find them because even if you can spot them, they're hardly visible. There needs to be some kind of method for spotting them. I'm not talking a large glowing light that shows up 100 miles away.. just something faint that will help someone who is actively looking to locate it.

trialstardragon

I agree it does not even need to be a light that is on all the time, maybe one that blinks off and on every so often to at least give a better chance to see them. On som maps it is nearly impossible to find them because of the skyline and and clouds be them normal clouds or smoke clouds rising from distant buildings on fire.

kastro187420

Yeah, that's more in line with what I'm thinking. Something that goes on for a second or two, then off for a few seconds, then back on. In Black Ops this was a big problem in maps like Hanoi. Remember trying to shoot this things down?

That's how I feel in many of the maps on here.

And one thing I'm curious about:

Do spy planes not show up for a moment after they're called in? I've noticed that there appears to be a delay of anywhere from 5-10 seconds sometimes after one is called in, to when it becomes visible. There are times I'll be spinning and not see them anywhere, then suddenly see it in an area that I literally checked just seconds ago, in a way where I would have easily seen it last time.

Edited to fix a mistake in a map name (Havana changed to Hanoi)

trialstardragon

Havanna was a problem because of how tall the buildings were and how they blocked off most of the sky. I was more thinking along the lines of Hanoi were even out in the open you could barely see them at night.

I felt good when I found one and killed it on that map, because that was more of a challenge then killing someone else on the ground half the time.

See player.. shoot they die.. Hear spy plane is up.. search for ever and never find it.. see it finally as it races off and you get shot for looking at it then.

rankismet

kastro187420 wrote:

Honestly, in most maps, they are so hard to see. This was true in Black Ops aswell. I find myself spinning in circles with a stinger out trying to find them to shoot down, but never actually firing because they're so hard to see. I think a Red Tail light on enemy spy planes and counter-uavs would be really useful in helping people find them, and might encourage more people to actually shoot them down (which in itself would decrease the use of Assassin).

It's just so annoying trying to get Blind Eye Pro or just help out the team, when you can't find any of the things in order to actually shoot them down.

There are some maps where I do not even bother with looking for them (e.g. Resistance) because it is almost impossible from one side of the map.

Something would be nice.

I love the idea of adding this effect to Blind Eye Pro.

I'm tired of seeing high level players running Blind Eye but never running stingers because they rather be selfish pricks. At least this would add a little more incentive to take air support out.