11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 9:51 AM by TurdFerguson00 RSS

An idea for Tknives in Infection

I used to be able to run around and defend myself in Infection, and it was fun. Now, all I can do is find a wide open area to camp at, put my back to the wall, and continually strafe left and right if I want a chance to go positive before I get tknifed. I can't remember the last time i've actually had someone skillfully zigzag through my shots and knife me. The only reason that tknives were put in all modes were because of retards who would block doorways and MOAB boost. I think that the infected should only have tknives as a deathstreak, like one tknife every 4 deaths. This way, people who love tknives won't cry, and those that don't like them can actually run around for a while without dying to a hail of tknives. If someone tried to boost after this was implemented, they'd get tknifed after 4-5 kills.

• Re: An idea for Tknives in Infection

i agree.... the deathstreak came up the other day and i love the idea....

tho they are pretty much needed now with the addition of the T95... would think it should help even out the balance

and i do find them to be getting a bit annoying honestly... lol... hard to say that since i defended them so much.... but once people stopped complaining and started using them, i saw a huge difference... people just sit out of range of your shottie or smg knowingly and lob TKs at you...

now its at TKs vs T95..... how bout usp vs acr or something... it doesnt only have to be about knifing... its the spawn mechanic of killing for teammates... imo

that6uy420

you are still crying about this damn tac knife....  wow, you are persistant in your lady-like ways

I TOTALY AGREE they are ridiculous they really need to get tknifes back out of the game

no... they dont... and thats not what he is saying...

they are needed to correct flaws in the design.... but that doesnt mean they have to be givin out to everyone at every spawn...

but IW went another way and gave survivors a better weapon... so atm, TKs are needed by everyone

"Better weapon"?

Please elaborate.

Everything was the same when I got off last.

What has changed?

Mr_Dack wrote:

"Better weapon"?

Please elaborate.

Everything was the same when I got off last.

What has changed?

type-95 has been added.... so i hear anyways... i havent been on yet

seems IW is paying attention to me.... lately people are trying to be cheap with the throwing knives.... never getting in range of an enemy etc.... now you can pick them off from distance, making them resort to stealth and getting up close again..

im all for the trial and error approach... i love that they can make these changes on the fly... try something, if it doesnt work, try something else...

Yea I like how the change things up as well. I kind of would like to choose what gun I use. I do see how that could become an issue thou, as most people would choose an LMG just to keep the infected at bay.

I still think TKnives need to be tweaked somewhat. I'm not one to climb up on stuff(I'll admit I was at first). Now I like to stay somewhat hidden till the end. Only making my position known if I'm certain an infected has seen me.

So at the point that I'm the last survivor. I wait till I hear the radar go off. Then I make my run for it. Backstepping holding them off for a good while. Then BAM, a random invisible knife comes flying at me from the ghost of an infected that I just killed... Make me sad. lol

I hope they do figure out some way to balence the TKnives.

Off the topic of this thread... Anyone know why Downturn or Interchange isn't in the playlist?

thats why i kinda like the OP's idea (not really his idea but his thread about it)

if they were a deathstreak.... it seems to keep everyone happy.... people wont have 10 thrown at their heads every 5 seconds.... but they will be there if they are needed...

if i saw a booster in that situation.. i would actually run to him 4 times just to get the TK to stop him....

or.... keep the TKs and give survivors better weapons like the t95..... still havent been on but seems like its a nice balance... now BOTH sides have some range, completely changes the playing field...