17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 8:55 AM by Thesandman RSS

I DON'T GET THESE PEOPLE

I DO NOT understand the people who sit in corners and lay prone in hallways. i hate when im running around and right when i slow down reload the walk around the corner someone is sitting in a corner.why would you pay 60/110 dollars(if you bought elite) to sit in a corner or lay in a hallway i mean  its your money but how do you have fun playing like that i was that guy in mw2 for like a month or two then it got boring then i saw how fun it was to rush and quickscope it was the the $#!T but back to what i was saying even if you suck just throw on support and run around and kill people trust the people who rush and run around quickscoping its more fun then sitting in a corner waiting  for someone to passthrew your area was 1 kill worth sitting in a corner finishing the game 1 and 0.

• Re: I DON'T GET THESE PEOPLE
    matuzz

Stop when you realod......

Why would you start reloading and then run out in a new area?

Also use stuns and flashes.

i stop to reload because i hate when im reloading and a guy gets me in mid reload (i use seight of hand) but i still get caught in mid reload and i since i started stopping and reloading then runinng out there its cut down the chances of my being caught in mid reload i do use flash and stun but i use those when i see more then 2 or 3 people and when ever i run in to these people its always when i 1 away from a ac130 or pavelow.

Well I use the Valor motto from MAG

"Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

I mainly play Kill Confirmed and the amount of Campers there is ridiculous, and in a game mode that is designed to stop camping !!

People sitting in corners with Akimbo's or a Striker, they need to get a grip. There should be a title given on reaching 100 kills after not moving for more than thirty seconds on each one, it should be non removable from their callsign and say .. "Oxygen Thief"

But there is nothing challenge wise that beats getting taken out by a camper and then going back and either sticking him with a semtex or standing behind him for a few seconds and knifing him, makes me smile when I think of them watching that killcam.

But you wont stop camping, some people are just pansies online/and or in the real world.

atiredoldguy

Yup........... I paid for it and I have fun shooting people like you.

I have even more fun when you cry about it.

koivia

timer is a bad idea, especially for those of us that like to snipe.  like i tell people in game, i'm sniping, what am i supposd to do?  its one thing to sit in a corner ads and wait, but its a whole other thing to sit in a position and snipe.

Izjar11

You do not have to understand this game style, its pointless to "think" about it. Now running around without checking corners is not good either, and for some dudes (not me) they find this style of playing fun, why? WHO CARES! And some on this forum might say that running and gunning is annoying, reckless playing! My suggestion is to avoid "talking" about camping, giving it less importance.

dlundebjerg28

People act like camping is some new game style, when its been around in every FPS title. They honestly aren't too hard to deal with at all. I have a few guys on my freinds list that are hardcore campers, and they all say its because they don't have the gun skill to be running around, and need that element of surprise to give them the advantage in a gunfight.

The thing you will realize about most campers is they are pretty stupid. They stick to a handful of spots, and usually only know one or two routes to that area. In this game which is filled with flanking routes, its pretty easy to get behind them and dislodge them form their camping spots.

My only issue with campers is that a lot of them blatantly ignore the objective. I play mostly Kill Confirmed, and I'd much rather have a guy who barely goes positive, but picks up every tag than a guy who goes 30-0 and stays in a corner not getting tags

The problem is that the game is so geared towards a campy gamestyle. It's pure economics - if it is easier to camp than it is to move around, then people will gravitate towards camping.

Look at how the game is set up: There are bouncing betties and claymores to cover the flanks, there are several buildings with only one entrance, long range weapons can be coupled with OP close range secondaries, weapons kill extremely quickly, etc.

There is no downside to camping in this game - that's why people do it.

Justin_IRE

Is it possible that they could have heard ya coming?? and decided Ahh.. ill just lay down and wait for that second or two.. you walk/ run in.. bummer dude you lose..

They get up and keep on killing and getting killed like everyone else?

WiseguyFTL

9 out of 10 people who just started playing the game don't run out there rushing /  prefiring / dropshotting etc etc. They camp in buildings, corners, or they lay prone in a hallway. 9 out of 10 people do this, I did it myself as well when I just started playing mw2. Because I had no idea I was doing something wrong, I had no clue I was annoying other people. When I got better at the game I started rushing, using higher killstreaks, I stopped using noobtubes once I figured out they were cheap (I never used them with OMA or danger close don't worry =P) etc etc. The one thing I don't get are these 2nd/3rd prestigers who still camp, or 2nd or 3rd prestiges who go way negative all the time. They should've gotten better by now...

Also, not everyone who lays prone is a camper, when I hear 3 or 4 people around a corner I don't run in there, even though I think of myself as a rusher, I'll maybe throw a stun, kill one or 2 and then wait outside for the other guys to come. If they decide to stay in there I'll rush in there, but not when there are 4 guys who expect me.

WiseguyFTL wrote:

The one thing I don't get are these 2nd/3rd prestigers who still camp, or 2nd or 3rd prestiges who go way negative all the time. They should've gotten better by now...

Perhaps they have gotten better.

If you have an issue, get a tissue dude ..

Thesandman

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! Not another anti-camping post :-(

As ive said a million times  I paid £44.99 so will play HOW I like not how YOU like.