10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 12:35 PM by nightpr0wler76 RSS

The new perk system caters to the campers. Heres why

jewz

While they did switch up the pro perks into two catergories which most thought as a way to make them not as powerful ie ghost and sleight of hand, but you can now have essentially what the pro perks were in previous games wihout even doing anything to get them. Yes you need to level up to get them, but to hide your name from the enemy and be undetectable from killstreaks (both of which were part of Ghost pro in BLOPS wich took a long time to get) you can now have once you hit level 32 which goes by very quickly.  THe weapon proficiencies also allow them to have the warlord perk without wasting a perk slot so now they can have silencer and hearbeat sensor(worst attachement to put in a game ever) without spending a perk slot. 

• Re: The new perk system caters to the campers. Heres why
    rankismet

jewz wrote:

While they did switch up the pro perks into two catergories which most thought as a way to make them not as powerful ie ghost and sleight of hand, but you can now have essentially what the pro perks were in previous games wihout even doing anything to get them. Yes you need to level up to get them, but to hide your name from the enemy and be undetectable from killstreaks (both of which were part of Ghost pro in BLOPS wich took a long time to get) you can now have once you hit level 32 which goes by very quickly.  THe weapon proficiencies also allow them to have the warlord perk without wasting a perk slot so now they can have silencer and hearbeat sensor(worst attachement to put in a game ever) without spending a perk slot. 

Here... go play this and leave me alone.

Thanks.

Wow cry more.  Play something that isn't kill confirmed/team deathmatch/free-for-all and camping is expected.

according to anyone who dies on this game its down to camping get killed by a certain gun its a campers gun someone kills you using a different perk to you its a campers perk people need to get over it camping is a tactic and its here to stay.

Who are you to tell people how to play the game?

And your idea is terrible, the perks don't cater to campers at all.

W7PSK

Put down the Monster    

Get pills for your ADHD

quit chasing dots

AND QUIT TELLING PEOPLE HOW TO PLAY

I camp 24/7, in fact I make it a goal to never move from my spawn point in this game, and I use nothing that you mentioned, lets go through them.

Blind eye - I shoot that crap down I M M E D I A T LY.   Your helicopter never even sees the map, so why do I care if it can see me?  Turrents?  Noone sets those up near my camp spot.

Assassin - I need my assist bonus off all those flash bangs I am tossing and I need people to know where I am.  Also, the pro version is disappointing, since they can't see my  name over my head when I am killing them.

Silencer - I don't move so, duh, I have to leave the silencer off so people can find me and I can kill them.

Heart beat sensor - Blocks too much of my screen, and sonar?  Seriously, this isn't "Hunt for the Red October."

So here you can see that a professional camper like me doesn't need the perk system to cater to my camping.  If the game was trying to cater to campers it would:

1. Remove all flashbangs, stun grenades, and explosive weapons.  These dislodge me from my camping spot too easily.

2. Make the map long hallways with no barriers so I can lay on the ground with my RSASS pointing down.  The narrower the hallway, the better, I prefer to not have to move my joysticks, but just pull the trigger as fast as I can.

3. Take out anything that helps you ADS or move faster, as well as anything that enhances speed, i.e. Steady Aim pro and Quickdraw.  I am always ADS, and I don't move, so why do I need these or Stalker or Extreme Conditioning?

4.  Remove Recon and Advanced UAV.  I like people to know where I am, but I like the direction I am facing to remain a mystery.

5.  Remove Riot Shields.  These guys make my life tough, especially on ricochet HC.

6.  Remove Juggernauts, or as I like to call them, No-funner-naughts.  They make my life tough, and I have nightmares of the images of them emerging from a smoke grenade.  It is giving me goosebumps as I type!

So if the devs read this, please implement these recommendations, and send me an email for my notebook sketches of "Hallway" to be implemented immediatly.  This map is sure to displace "Dome" as everybodies favorite.

I know what some of you are thinking, yes, they probably need a more edgy name like "Bully" or Morning Swirly" for the map, and I am okay with that.

brsox

I think the perk / primary weapon balance is very good in MW3. Secondary weapons are a different story. You can play however you like and be successful. A little bit of give and take with your class setup and you should have whatever you need. Black Ops catered to ONE play style: Assault rifle campy pants mcgee.