25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2012 2:09 PM by KidCritic RSS

kids and MW3?

okay so there is been alot of discussion on wether or not they should put a language filter.  Well I say they shouldnt the game is Rated M for starters. So "parents" shouldnt even be buying this game for there children especially 12 and under. If you buy the game for your kid and you get pissed off because someone said "S**T" or "F**K" well that is your fault. not the game designers fault your fault. You buy your kid this game you should deal with what is in the game or  be a parent and not buy your child this game and teach them yourselves and explain that this game is not suitable for there age. Also For parents that play this and there kids are 12 and under. DONT PLAY IT AROUND THEM. dont get mad at the game when someone drops a "bad word" in the game. Its your fault for playing it around your children.  So all in all, parents need to get off there lazy butts and do there job as a parent and not let there kids watch or play this game. seriously its a M rated game. what do you expect ponys and rainbows? well sorry to disapoint you, but its a game and the online players are all 8 year olds and 12 year olds screaming obsenitys when you are not home. so maybe you should pay attention to WHAT you buy your children and filter out the content at your house by yourself and not through the game indestry.

Also Bad words DONT EXIST!!! There just words the only thing that make them bad is what people put into context into these words.

• kids and MW3?
    rankismet

You know, neighbor, some folks prefer to not hear constant swearing when they play a game. Nothing wrong with asking for language filters in a game and choosing to not purchase it if one is not included.

Their preference.

I can tell you don't have kids... until you do... try and refrain from making judgements about others parenting decisions when it's just as obvious yours should have paid better attention to you.

Thanks.

grin smiley

• kids and MW3?
    lostxprophit

lmao...I remember when my mom got my bro GTA 3 for his 12th B-day xD bahahahaha that was awesome He still played it lol xD

• kids and MW3?

I agree. Whenever a parent says, "OMG MY CHILD IS SOOO BAD THESE VIDEO GAMES ARE TOO VIOLENT FOR MY BABYKINS," I tell them, "There is a little box on the back on the game that lists all the reasons you shouldn't buy this game for your kid."

So if little Timmy starts acting up and back talking mom, maybe she should've looked at the box before she decided to buy him Duke Nukem Forever. [Besides the fact that it was such a crap game >.>]

• kids and MW3?

I feel bad when a kid with a high pitched voice gets into my lobby.. theres no mercy for them... its going to mess them up once they get older

• kids and MW3?
    cranium2001

I suppose they could filter the game itself. but the old standby "Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB" covers their tail. I have a six year old who's never even seen any COD anything. I know he's only six but there are kids around his age playing this game. It is ultimately the parents responsibility and they will probably find a way to play it at someones house. Probably some parent who doesn't care.

• kids and MW3?

Right, My 8 and 11 year old, go to their friends house, right next door and play MW2 or Black ops, when I told them not to play it, lol. I have all copies of the call of duty series, kept locked away in my vault, so they can't play it at home lol.

• kids and MW3?

I agree, they should filter it. but you also have to think about:

A: the parents going for their kids

B: the 16 year olds crushed by it (I am 16 and a birthday at the 10th of November)

C: peer pressure

OR D: ALL OF THE ABOVE

• kids and MW3?

I agree partly with Mr. Grimm, that parents should not complain when they buy a game that is definately not suitable for their kids. I also agree they shouldn't buy it at all, because the contents are not suitable for kids. There's a reason why it is rated at this age.

But I also agree that there is people around that like the game but hate swearing, so a filter would be a good idea. Doesn't do any harm, right?

Finally,yes, I have kids, they also played BO at ourt neighbours, so I went to my neighbours and told them to f*** off and not allow them to play it again.

• Re: kids and MW3?

There is nothing wrong with asking for a profanity filter. I am 19 and I cant stand swearing. What's wrong with asking for a filter that DOES NOT AFFECT YOU at all?

Also, paragraphs are your friends...

There was a language filter in BO and WAW's campaign....

The new generation IMO is retarded. Who the f lets them have an iPhone when they're 9 years old!

• kids and MW3?

Honestly, if you adults are so upset with kids swearing in games, Mute them! Every game these days has an option to do so. Times have changed, old ones. Ask any male child aged 10 or above; they've all played Call of Duty, and I go to a Catholic School.

Movies and games are getting more violent and Profane every year, and all we can do is watch. Sure, some kids shouldn't be playing these games considering their maturity level. But for the most part, you shouldn't really care what others are doing, unless it's a majority, which in this case it is. Who wants their child to feel as if they're not trusted by their biggest influence?

• kids and MW3?
    Fireman0025

its all about the maturity of the kid in question. There are some minors who i would not mind playing with at all, and who also relize what they hear is not always what they should say.

Also you can only blame the parents for so much.  I dont deny that there are plenty of them who get the kid the game so they will shut up. However if they want to do something bad enough they will do it regardless of what their parents say. Who here drank before they were 21 depite your parents wishes?

Hey, I agree with you, except for the last part, i came on here to give a kids perspective on those games, i have a lot of friends who play those games, and you're right, its based on their maturity, but, kids my age think the game is cool, and addicting, their dont care what it's rated, I' m one of those people who know not to say what they here, my dad has this metaphor: "So if you let just a few potato bugs in your garden it wouldn't harm anything?" meaning, if you play even just a few of those games, you wont be damaged in any way? my excuse is that i wont play it constantly, but he has the same reply, i know its bad, i wish they could make like a good, kid version of COD, they need to find a way where kids wont wanna play it, not meaning gory stuff, just a way they wont like it. So that's what i think of it, i want it so bad though, its like video game nicotine and you're trying to quit.

Hey, I agree with you, except for the last part, i came on here to give a kids perspective on those games, i have a lot of friends who play those games, and you're right, its based on their maturity, but, kids my age think the game is cool, and addicting, their dont care what it's rated, I' m one of those people who know not to say what they here, my dad has this metaphor: "So if you let just a few potato bugs in your garden it wouldn't harm anything?" meaning, if you play even just a few of those games, you wont be damaged in any way? my excuse is that i wont play it constantly, but he has the same reply, i know its bad, i wish they could make like a good, kid version of COD, they need to find a way where kids wont wanna play it, not meaning gory stuff, just a way they wont like it. So that's what i think of it, i want it so bad though, its like video game nicotine and you're trying to quit.

• kids and MW3?

well, I know how kids can be annoying but they are also some that are very mature, my friends aunts son is 13 and he is honestly more mature then some people on this site lol, he does play cod on the xbox and uses a mic but only wit friends because he said he doesnt want to talk to strangers. those kind of people I dont mind

• kids and MW3?

Honestly, these little runts that I constantly run into on Halo/CoD need to be severely stifled. As far as swearing, I naturally mute everyone that isn't in my party/on my team.

I'd like to see a "no purchase" policy put into effect when parents buy their kids these games; if they're under 18, don't let them buy the game if the kid is present. Also have XBox live/PSN screen what games kids under 18 are playing; if they're rated M, lock them out of multiplayer til they turn 18.

dflannagan10

It's no secret that I'm under 18, but foul language in a video game doesn't bother me.

If someone says something that annoys me, I can mute them.

I understand that some kids are a pain in the ass to play with, but I'm not one of them. I'm just a guy that loves Call of Duty.

Follow me on twitter.

That5What5Up

It is HILARIOUS hearing the little kids get insulted in lobbies.  Some of the things people say are so mean but humor is always at someone's expense.