40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 1:54 PM by platinumb RSS

Trigger Spamming is Getting Out of Hand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJWAJrSN_qk

Kick should never have been a sniper proficiency IMO...

• Re: Trigger Spamming is Getting Out of Hand
    dlundebjerg28

Some of the snipers are a bit ridiculous with kick. It basically turns any sniper into the MK14 with no range drop off

Any one else having M21EBR flashbacks... I sware to god they put frustrating dumb things in the game like this on purpose.... Make it more interesting, gambling wouldn't be fun as fun if you never lost type of deal.

rankismet

sml7285 wrote:

TRIGGER SPAMMING IS GETTING OUT OF HAND

Trigger... spamming...

Wha...?

Trigger spamming...?

So.

Now we are complaining that people pull the trigger too much? In a freaking shooter?

Good.

Freaking.

God.

mralpharogue

Are you ****ing kidding me? Have you not played this game recently?

Everyone shoots their guns WAY too often! And semi auto guns are the WORST with it! It's like, the gun was made to shoot one or three burst rounds only! They aren't supposed to shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger! Heck, the MK14 with rapid fire might as well be on par with a fully auto gun for people with fast trigger fingers!

In a perfect COD game, semi auto's should just be like pump actions and the single shot weapons should just not work at all.

But the WORST part of this game is the fact that you can reduce kick on the weapons! I mean, in all honesty, no one would EVER learn how to shoot their guns more accurately and still maintain good control on their kick in real life. That never happens! And you may say, "It's just a game" to shut down this comment, but guess what? You're right! It's just a game, so they should ignore everything that comes from reality or slightly represents reality.

rankismet

mralpharogue wrote:

Everyone shoots their guns WAY too often! And semi auto guns are the WORST with it! It's like, the gun was made to shoot one or three burst rounds only! They aren't supposed to shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger! Heck, the MK14 with rapid fire might as well be on par with a fully auto gun for people with fast trigger fingers!

In a perfect COD game, semi auto's should just be like pump actions and the single shot weapons should just not work at all.

But the WORST part of this game is the fact that you can reduce kick on the weapons! I mean, in all honesty, no one would EVER learn how to shoot their guns more accurately and still maintain good control on their kick in real life. That never happens! And you may say, "It's just a game" to shut down this comment, but guess what? You're right! It's just a game, so they should ignore everything that comes from reality or slightly represents reality.

Seriously... are you really complaining about SHOOTING...

In a SHOOTER...

Not modded controlers.

Not tubes.

Not OP weapons.

But people pulling the trigger too much?

This is hands down, without a doubt, impossible to refute, as certain as death and taxes.

The single...

... solitary...

... unequivocal...

... stupidest complaint...

... EVER.

mralpharogue

Lol. Rankismet, it's cool bro. I'm hardcore trolling the OP is all. Thus the picture at the bottom of my post.

I agree.

Stupidest complaint in all of history.

mralpharogue wrote:

Lol. Rankismet, it's cool bro. I'm hardcore trolling the OP is all. Thus the picture at the bottom of my post.

I agree.

Stupidest complaint in all of history.

If you have to explain to people that you're trolling, then you're not doing it correctly.

mralpharogue

I like to think that I am doing it very well. If you can't tell I am trolling, then I have successfully trolled the hell out of you.

That's how I view it, as well as all the other trolls in the world.

Troll Definition:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted"."

I think my trolling fits the criteria. Especially since it elicited the response from Rankismet. Therefore, successfull trolling occurs when you DO need to explain it to (some) people.

rankismet wrote:

mralpharogue wrote:

In a SHOOTER...

Not modded controlers.

Not tubes.

Not OP weapons.

This is hands down, without a doubt, impossible to refute, as certain as death and taxes.

The single...

... solitary...

... unequivocal...

... EVER.

You know what man? You're absolutely correct; you've won me over with your absolutely insightful and enthralling argument.

Let's petition for an increase in magazine size for the Barrett .50 Cal so we can all run around like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmzp-1PM6Y#t=1m30s

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0D3rMs8Yco

rankismet

sml7285 wrote:

rankismet wrote:

mralpharogue wrote:

Seriously... are you really complaining aboutSHOOTING...

In a SHOOTER...

Not modded controlers.

Not tubes.

Not OP weapons.

The single...

... solitary...

... unequivocal...

... EVER.

You know what man? You're absolutely correct; you've won me over with your absolutely insightful and enthralling argument.

Let's petition for an increase in magazine size for the Barrett .50 Cal so we can all run around like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLmzp-1PM6Y#t=1m30s

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0D3rMs8Yco

Argument... there is no argument.

So you're telling me you often think "Damn, this game is filled with trigger spam."

Or after you've died yelled... "F****N TRIGGER SPAMMERS!"

Or the always whined about, "Hey, IW... you need to nerf the trigger... I'm sick of getting spammed by it."

Seriously?

Are you really that much of a uni-cell?

I'm sure it's me... how could I have been so blind to the Trigger Spam issue that plagues MW3.

My bad.

maccabi

rankismet wrote:

In a SHOOTER...

Not modded controlers.

Not tubes.

Not OP weapons.

The single...

... solitary...

... unequivocal...

... EVER.

im going to get this printed on a tshirt

Reply of the week!

EBR and MK14 are the same gun, they just moved it from sniper rifles to assault, which I think was a good idea.

Thesandman

Having watched the video it did appear that not one single shot landed anywhere near you. But i suppose the R1 button is there to be pressed repeatedly.

Yup.

It's even worse with the RSASS. As close to zero kick as you can be without going full MP7 status.

RodCorn64

I never saw so many people complaining about things being OP, unfair, and now "TRIGGER SPAMMING"!!! Give us a friggin break. How about get up a private match or another game mode where all the weapons are equal if you like. If you don't like somebody's gameplay either leave the match or try it yourself. Some of you sound like a bunch women.

mralpharogue

But Rod, People are shooting their guns at mee too much! T-T I thought you would understand!!!

It's been this way since the M21EBR in MW2. The issue is that for weapons that hit so hard, there is no penalty to taking a shot and missing that shot. You can litterally fire it as fast as a pistol, it's a spray and pray gun then. If you're using a weapon that has that sort of effective medium and long range, with that amount of damage, there should be a penalty to taking a shot and then missing the shot, or taking a shot, missing and then getting shot and having your aimer knocked off, you shouldn't be able to spray and pray that well with them, it's like if the MK14 had amazing hip fire, if that gun had amazing hipfire I would never use another assault rifle.

There is a penalty; its called RECOIL. guns that are weak don't tend to have recoil, hence why it takes two to three shots with the MK14 or RSASS (the same as any other automatic guns need to down someone)

atiredoldguy

The m21 was my favorite sniper rifle in mw2. The thing is that when using a silencer, sniper rifles lose too much damage to make them and effective sniper rifle per definition of sniping. According to damage charts I've seen any sniper rifle should be max 2 hits with a silencer.

I once got my perfectionist challenge in mw2 with the m21 ......... 10 hits on one enemy without a kill.

The rsass is good silenced in this game only because of the fire rate. I've had 5 or 6 hitmarkers with it without kills.

The barret is about the only weapon I can get ohks with while silenced, and they are very few.

scificrimes

Is there anything you kids DON'T complain about? I can't believe you're complaining about people repeatedly pressing their R1 button. "Trigger Spamming."

GET A LIFE

ragemode_E

What Ive noticed more in mw3 is that people are paranoid in this game.

I see so many people that shoot around every corner they come around just in hopes someone might be there. It happens so often. Go ahead and check out your vaults, watch the other players. Its not that they are hitting the trigger and that its a shooter. But this shooting for no reason tactic is happening more and more. Yes its a shooter. But when you shoot around corners because someone might be there is lame. Identify target, shoot.

I'm guessing this is the reason that alot of people have 2-3% accuracy.

- http://www.youtube.com/user/ragemodeengage

So now your complaining about the "skill" that has been promoted by a lot of "pro" players?

I personally don't prefire corners, its a freaking waste of my bullets, but i do pre fire corners if there is a red dot on the mini map. I pre aim corners with stalker pro if suspect a camper.

But seriously, pre firing corners was supposed to be a skill for a long time, only practiced by the cool players. And now everybody is doing it, it suddenly is stupid man.

Do I really need to dig out the old facepalm paste for this thread? the most uttelry moronic post I have seen yet;

The game is a shooter for Gods sake, you can pull the trigger as fast as you want IRL, why is it a problem in this game exactly?

I used to say this in the Blops forum, and i will say it now; if people moan about stuff like this pretty soon we will have guns that shoot BBs and a stick for a knife, give it a rest kids eh? you will end up ruining the game, oh wait..........

how about people spammingthe trigger with an smg or an ar......oh yeah thats right they are automatic and you only have to press it once.

I guess pressing the button once makes it ok to spray and pray but pressing it over and over with a semi auto is spamming

asmalloo wrote:

how about people spammingthe trigger with an smg or an ar......oh yeah thats right they are automatic and you only have to press it once.

I guess pressing the button once makes it ok to spray and pray but pressing it over and over with a semi auto is spamming

Yeah but even if you pray and spray at someone with a SMG or AR, it takes 3-6 bullets to kill them. With sniper rifles, it takes 1. That's the difference.

ghamorra

In real life if you trigger spammed with a shotgun or sniper you'd fall straight on your ass or dislocate your shoulder. Instead, in MW3 you can fire an incredibly high powered weapon and have spot on accuracy

wow u and everybody else complaining about people trigger need grow up ur acting like five year olds crying does becuase u cant do somthing but everybody else can do it   get good  and does for yall little cry babys all goin to do is run around with rass put my extend mag into everybody i see  if ur in match with PilarMERCENARY get ready for it

I think you people who are quick to run to the conclusions misunderstood the OP.

I swear you clowns never open up your effin' mind.

bo2000

yeah, sad to see even "serious" forum members enjoy trolling.

On topic. I think that you have to seperate high damage and high rate of fire. Either you are able to make you shots count or you need to need to stay on target for a while. making a sniper as fast as mk14 but each bullet much more powerfull is unbalanced. this goes for a lot of other weapons and proficiencies but you know what I mean. But since MW3 turned sniper rifles into close quarter weapons and I'm able to longrange-countersnipe with ironsighted smgs every discussion about realism and balance is a waste of time.

platinumb wrote:

I think you people who are quick to run to the conclusions misunderstood the OP.

What do you expect? Most people here are sheep.

davidlsofferman wrote:

platinumb wrote:

What do you expect? Most people here are sheep.

It just hurts to read the idiots think they are so good and above everyone else because someone has a personal issue.

I don't mind people who want to spam their snipers at me, and I still understand why he hates it.

But little Jimmy thinks that because someone complains, they are now bad, dumb, ridiculous, and so on.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING IN THE GAME, YOU CLOSE MINDED PEOPLE.