35 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 8:02 PM by lsd-darkpsy RSS

Demolition Spawns

Why have  the spawns been switching on demolition? i noticed it today and thats ruining demolition. i am ranked within the top 1500 and i absolutely hate the game mode now. i hate the spawn switching and thats why i dont play any other game mode. is this a permanent so called "fix" or will this be changed back. ive layed demolition ever since MW2 and have always loved it. so is there any hope for this to get changed back?

• Re: Demolition Spawns

yah i said the same thing in my post i only play demo becuse i know the general area were my enemy will spawn sucks thay have changed spawn points out the blue im sure their was some talk about it but this is somthing that should be posted everywhere such as the dashboard thay need to post a place to get info such as this in the dashboard as well so that eveyone is awere of what is happing or about to happen i dont have the time to come here and read a crap ton of treads CALLORDUTY needs to do a better job with what changes will take place when why and how their was no update or anything like that so i had to find out the hard way.... IF PEOPLE DONT LIKE GETTING SPAWN KILLED IN DEMO THAN YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER GAME TYPE SUCH AS TEAM D

It's your fault the spawns are so messed up. Had you not abused the spawn system nothing would have been changed.

While I'm totally against spawn killing.   What they have done to demolition has comPletely ruined this game mode.  You just spawn anywhere on the map  I now spawn with the enemy next to me and vice versa.  Seriously all they needed to do was tweak it.  Not turn it into a damn free for all game.   I even spawned next to the bomb on dome and planted it with nobody there!!   Demo is ruined

You can't "tweak it" on these maps. They're mostly tiny, "tweaking" would be spawning you slightly to the left or right, spawn traps would still be easily set up.

i understand the reason behind stopping spawn killing because its cheap, but they shouldve added more spawn points NOT started swapping spawns. They're trying to make every game mode noob-friendly and it is just really annoying

Exactly.  When I said tweak thats what I meant.  Add a few more spawn points. Not a full blown flipping of the spawns.  They needed to do something about theae jerk offs Who sit in one spot pointing their gun at a spawn point killing whoever appears instantly. My opinion is you should be banned for that crap.  But now its a damn free for all game now.  Demo has always been fun for me.  But this new spawn BS ruIned the game

yeah, it really has ruined it. Demolition was the one game mode i would always play but now i guess ill get used to domination. the reason demolition was fun is because you had to defend your side. its YOUR side now protect it.but now each round feels the same to me no matter what side i am on, and that is just not how demolition is meant to be played. its not my fault the spawn system was crap, and you only had 6 spawns on some maps. dont ruin my game because you cant put in a few extra spawns on their side.

moshu23

This type of spawn system should be include in game types that do not have an objective, FFA, TDM etc. Not here, you can`t protect a bomb site anymore, once you die, you will be placed in enemy spawn.

The problem that I have is, no-one said anything about this update, I tweet the stealth clown like 10 time, no answer why they implement something like this. If they just testing and waiting for feedback or this will be something permanent.

moshu23 wrote:

This type of spawn system should be include in game types that do not have an objective, FFA, TDM etc. Not here, you can`t protect a bomb site anymore, once you die, you will be placed in enemy spawn.

The problem that I have is, no-one said anything about this update, I tweet the stealth clown like 10 time, no answer why they implement something like this. If they just testing and waiting for feedback or this will be something permanent.

yeah, it is impossible to actually defend the objective because not only do they flip spawns; they made it to where the spawns flip so quickly, and you spawn on the other side of the map from the objective. This happened to me many times on maps such as Village, and Interchange where you can hardliy get to the other side of the map while protecting yourself to be able to defuse or plant a bomb.

2 people to blame here.

IW - For allowing the horrible and extremely predictable spawn system to be brought back from past games. IW is notorious for its terrible spawn system.

Spawn Campers - If people played the game properly you would have this issue. Instead we have people who ignore the objective and get as close as they can to teh spawns and K?D whore the other team till they quit.

Demo is the perfect example. Dont plant the bomb, dont defend it, run right past it and trap the other team in a corner of the map. It happens in Demo, Dom and Sabo all the time. If peopel would be "good sports" and play the game as intended we wouldnt have these problems but people insist on joing objective games to boost thier K/D cause they cant hack not having an objective as "bait" in TDM.

Well looks like I'm done with demolition.  Sucks because I have always lived the gam mode (except for the jerkoffs who spawn camp). It's just a game of chaos now.  Enemy plants bomb and u spawn in their spawn area.  Can't make it back to the bomb in time to even think about defusing it.  Game really sucks now.  I've noticed my two kids and most of their friends don't even play it anymore.  These guys messed this game up big time. 

Here's an idea.  Put the spawns back the way they were and add a few more.  Then go after all these ******** who ruin the game by spawn camping. Ban them. No BS 1-2 day bans. BAN them for a month minimum. 

I'm actually curious if they meant to do this...cause this is perhaps the worst idea they have had with spawn systems yet. If a team is getting spawn trapped, my guess is that they are playing people who have much higher skill than them. Even with the spawns being as random as they are, good players will still dominate no matter what. You can't prevent people from getting raped by better people.

Now if they don't put spawns back to normal...well its the end of demolition. The objective loses its challenge when you are spawning on the objective for an easy plant. -__- There's no strategy involved when you literally spawn close enough to throw a bomb down. You get trapped, its your fault for sucking.

**For the people who think people just want the spawns back for the sole purpose of spawn camping...you're completely wrong. This isn't demolition anymore its just team deathmatch with 2 random bombs. If you actually think this is a good idea, my guess is your some random kid who sucks and is thankful that now you don't go 2-30 but instead 5-20. Don't play in a game type if you can't handle when good players are bound to be in a few of your games.

Amen to that.  Demolition just plain sucks now.  Tried it again and twice spawned near the bomb so I could plant it... This game mode is screwed beyOnd belief

Just put it back to the way it was and go after the spawn trappers.  Why ruIn a great game mode??

Spawn trappers didn't ruin the maps the BK's that got trapped in the first place are what killed it. Demo was all about control points/areas to win the game. While in BOps people abused it, we don't see that kind of abuse in MW3 very often. Besides most traps are easy to get out of. get assassin pro, blind eye, and dead silence and a tac insert to spawn somewhere else. OH and have some skill. but if you did you wouldn't have gotten trapped in the first place.

If you don't like the sided spawning system go play TDM stop complaining about Demo and move to a different game type that fits more of your style. Most good demo players liked it how it was a lot more.

Haha that happened to me yesterday too. I and my buddy both spawned within 3 feet of a objective, planted the bombs, and we won the game in literally 30 seconds.

How stupid is that?

trialstardragon

The only thing they need to do is disable the spawns at the objectives. other than that I like the more chaotic feeling of it. Makes it harder for any team to spawn camp/trap/kill. And no it is not harder to defend the bomb, just do not die is all, kill them before they kill you.

pinhead_1

It's demo, spawn trapping is what its all about.

yhe man my rank on demolition is 598 but now i hate demolition DEMOLITION GAME MODE IS RUINED  THANKS TO INFINITYWARD

For those that hate spawn campers you are terrible at this game and at life.  Seriously Demo is all about controlling the map so you can either plant or defuse.  Now the spawn camping where you shoot somebody as they appear that is ridiculous and boring, but being around the other teams spawn and cutting off their advance is called stratagy.  You wouldn't have a football game patch their game because the other guy is too good and won't allow you out of your endzone would you?  You think that guy should be banned for owning the field and you?  Maybe they should patch the football games for the bad kids on that too, so that bad kids can warp to the other teams one yard line to be able to score to make it more "fair."  Oh wait lets go with the next thing somebody will say that spawn campers or "map controlling" is cheating and takes no skill.  Don't forget you had to die in order to be stuck in your spawn.  That means you lacked skill in a battle and lost and are now spawing at your spawn.  Again if that team wants to rush up and keep you in your spawn to run up the score then so be it.  Again with the football game reference you wouldn't fault the other player for running up the score would you. No. you would either take it or back out.  Which is the way Demo still should be playing as a team to accomplish an objective, instead of this TDM with bombs. Demo...Win as a team or get demolished as individuals.  Which are the only people that get spawn trapped. The unorganized teams that have one kid go one way another kid go another way and one kid try and snipe from half the map away sprinkle in a couple striker kids and a akimbo kid and nobody with Mics and you have a recipe for getting spawn trapped.

So I call upon a developer to tell us if this permanent or not cause demolition is ruined because of the now "noob-friendly" spawn system.

Haha they need to fix it. To all you noobs out there, get better!!  My team got spawn trapped by a 6-man clan on dome and i went 67-34 (not the best k/d, but still).  If you just chill and pick off the "spawn trappers," as they so willingly run straight to you like you sent them a fricken invitation, maybe you wont win, but at least you won't be 7-91 (teammate in same match haha) The moral of the story is, figure out ways to get better or quit the match, don't whine about the only game mode that WAS amazing.  Thanks noobs for ruining it for the skilled people.

Demolition it's a best game mode for team work so finally want official answer will you re-change it to past system or u will loss around 1 million fans of your games ?

by the way i was checking for all my freinds 99% leave the game and looking for Alternative game.

trialstardragon

They are not going to lose a million fans of the game because of that one change. There was never a million players just in that game mode ever.

It just proves that most that cry about it needed to trap to win because they could not do so otherwise. Which means they were not nearly as good as a player as they like to try and claim.

Just wated to thank Activision for ruining the only gae mode me and my clan play.  I noticed the changes last night when me and my clan played.  We tried to see what we could do but the game mode is screwed....  very very disapointing.  Why would you change a game mode that has been the same for years.................  Change it back!!!!

Just wated to thank Activision for ruining the only gae mode me and my clan play.  I noticed the changes last night when me and my clan played.  We tried to see what we could do but the game mode is screwed....  very very disapointing.  Why would you change a game mode that has been the same for years.................  Change it back!!!!

I agree., I loved the demolition because there were clear front war and a lot ofplaying time so you can get many kills. Now you can spawn at the bomb and trigger the bomb .. it's like to play fast deathmach ... Please call of duty, change back. it has made me get tired of the game ...

moshu23

Robert Bowling @fourzerotwo

We're working in some Demolition spawn tweaks now. We'll try to address that for you.

He said this 4 days ago.... hopefully they will fix it "soon"

I've talked to support, they say that there have been errors in the system and they work hard to fix it, but it takes several weeks ..! No further information is distributed.

trialstardragon

All they need to do is disable the spawns at the Obj or the ones near by. I like this newere way of spawing. Now a clan or team can not just rest and sit back and try and trap another team for easy kills or an easy win.

DEMOLITION SPAWNS SUCK BIG FAT MEAT   .!.