16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 7:47 AM by deadestllama RSS

Objective base k/d whoring

zingaa

Discuss

• Re: Objective base k/d whoring
    thebiindsniper

The sad part, is how despite not being the reason for winning, farm killers are being rewarded more often, with better rewards.  That's why people have no incentive to play objectively.  In Domination for example, you can either:

A. Capture and Defend the most flags, but have a lower KDR and almost no rewards

B. Avoid objectives, and rack in a higher KDR and a lot more rewards.

Most people go for "B", because they feel empowered by the fact of going 112-3 in an objective game.  Realistically you'd look like an ass with a high KDR and little objective pursuits.  Too bad only mature people can see the truth.

I also blame the lack of objective stats on the scoreboard, the refusal to remove KDR from the scoreboard in objective games, and WHY in god's name did they add a MOAB?  It's like a magnet that attracts farm killers.

And last thing--i KNOW people will defend farm killing, by telling us that they're suppressing the enemy, or making it hard for the enemy to travel to the objective.  Was that really your intent?  How often did you seriously think about your team when you were farm killing?  When people gloat about KDR in objective games, I see no "teamwork" in their eyes.  Just self preservation.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

KTPhoenix

you are absolutely right. and the thing is, in the video that IW released saying what they were taking out, the nuke was one of them (along with other things that are still in the game). then they came out and said the MOAB was a hidden killstreak. that doesnt matter, the fact that it is still in the game, makes or breaks what goes on in objective matches like DOM. i know that k/d whores wont stop what they are doing if IW takes the MOAB out, but at least taking out the MOAB makes it more fair to the ones playing.

i dont want to hear any of this "its fair cuz anyone can get it". i dont care. the fact is that some people such as myself cant get a MOAB to save our life and the other fact is that a lot of people like me dont go for MOABs in objective based matches. how fair is it for you to be going by the objective and wanting a high score and getting a lot of points (like you are supposed to be doing) then all of a sudden you and your whole team dies by a bomb and the whole opposite team gets double XP for the remainder of the match? and they owe it to 1 player that was basically camping the whole time, nowhere near any objective.

i honestly dont know why they left it in. EVERYONE wanted the nuke gone and IW said they took it out but guess what? they lied about that like they lied about other stuff in this game.

Did they lie about the nuke being gone? At least it doesnt end the game right?

I wish for you to receive the MOAB you would have to select it as a KS. That way at least they would have to give up something right?

Anywho, when Im playing solo Dom and I know my team isnt going to play the objective/isnt very good I try to build up air support first, and then start trying to win the game. Doesnt always work, but it helps if the other team has to fool around with an attack chopper. Usually gives me enough time to at least steal B from under their noses.

Shadow_Alq

Well, me and guys play for win so its really sad knowing we went all like 15-10 or 20-17 to win the Domination Game, while other team captured 0 Flags over all game but they had one or two guys making 35-15!!.. Guess they think they're the best (even losing)...

JetEye

I agree.  The sad part is, they think they are the best even though, in my experience, they constantly lose. 

If they are on the other team I'll say to them after the game, "Thanks for helping us win. Thanks for k/d whoring instead of focusing on the objective."

they come back with

"Shut up kid (even though I'm 29), you're talking sh*t and you went negative?"

I say back.

"How dumb can you be?  When I know my team is going to win I'll mess with the other team, and cause my self many preventable deaths.  It's more fun than camping it out like you were doing even though you lost your asses off.  But dying doesn't matter to me in objective based games if we win.  It's ALL about the win.  That's the only thing that matters to me and should matter."

They leave the lobby with their tails tucked between their legs.

scolia5044

So do you only complain if your on the losing end of the kill whoring because they can be helpful too the team some don't just sit and camp i love having someone other then myself getting 30+kills i only play groundwars so kill whoring playing DOM is always fun

thebiindsniper

It's called English.  Learn it sometime.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

http://www.youtube.com/ruggedsavior

zingaa

scolia5044 wrote:

So do you only complain if your on the losing end of the kill whoring because they can be helpful too the team some don't just sit and camp i love having someone other then myself getting 30+kills i only play groundwars so kill whoring playing DOM is always fun

Case in point!

Some players will justify it say "I was defending", oh yeah? Then why did we keep losing all our flags? Exactly

KTPhoenix

there is a sense of pride when you beat someone who is actually trying. there is no point in playing against people who dont try and all they want ot do is camp and get kills. i honestly like playing against people who fight back for the objectiv instead of sitting in corners because it is just a better feeling knowing that you completed the task to the best of your ability against a team that was doing the same.

its about pride and accomplishment, NOT about getting mad cuz they decide to go fora MOAB.

I'm the type of player that will do anything and everything to get the win. But after we have 2 dom points and are winning I kill whore.

HORSESIXZERO

Hey guys, you want to see what Spawn Killing is...here you go...This is not SCORE WHORING, this is a spawn problem. The video makes a lot of good points.

Rednecksniper39

videos like this apart of the problem. these so called "pro" players that do commentaries about their gameplay. idk if the were trying the show the spawn system or purposely running right by the objective to go kill someone.

W7PSK

HORSESIXZERO wrote:

Hey guys, you want to see what Spawn Killing is...here you go...This is not SCORE WHORING, this is a spawn problem. The video makes a lot of good points.

And people wonder why players Dashboard or Bail.  100% why right here.

bigjon00

i play domantion alot well its the only game mode i'll play really , i hate when people dont cap or ******* defend the flag even when there's 4 team mates around the dam flag , i cap about 5-6 a match thatss if im not defending to flags at ponces which ******* hard and i still get a hight K/D ratio , i wish there were more poeple who would play the game and cap **** the campers and loads kills .

Play in a party. My GT: is PL4N3T M3NT4L hit me up we'll play together.

HORSESIXZERO

Guys, this guy and his team had those points on lock. They spawn camped. This is why I say, domination is a trash game mode. When I played 3d Person Team Tactical in 2, we'd spawn trap em on Rust and the game would be over before it began.

If you look on the forums for the game mode I thought up, I think you'd all like it.
      It could use some tweaking and such, but it's just a draft idea how to make that mode kinda cool.

Look up the "New Game Mode Idea" thread.