18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 8:11 AM by cranium2001 RSS

I love my neighbors

craftyshot

So I get out of the shower at 8am on a Saturday morning to be greated by a lady at my door screaming at me to turn my music off. Standing at my front door I'm still dripping wet with no shirt on and in the middle of an arguement with my next door neighbor. Where I live it is only illegal to have loud music past 10pm at night and being heard 5 feet from the edge of the driveway. I remind you this was 8am on a Saturday morning. I could only laugh. She tried telling me how illegal it was so I said well let's find out, go call the cops. So 15 minutes later two cops show up at my house dumbfounded looking at eachother then ask me if there is any music playing. I at the time still had my system playing almost full blast rockin' out to some Metalica. I told the cop yes my music is still on and I haven't turned it down yet. I sat there and talked with the cops for maybe 3 minutes and telling them that this isn't the first time the same lady called the cops on me. The cops looked at eachother again then said to me "everything is fine, have a good day". Every time this lady has called the cops on me and my neighbors it has been between 6pm-8:30pm which is totally legal for loud noise during the day.

These encounters with the cops and neighbors just make me laugh. and bring a smile to my face so I thought I'd share this little story with you.

• Re: I love my neighbors
    cranium2001

Well at least it was Metallica. Hopefully something from Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning.

craftyshot

Yes, actually it was my Master of puppets CD. After the lady left my house and I knew the cops were coming, I went in and put on my Master of Puppets shirt on just for more giggles.

I'm still blasting my music to piss them off since they wanted to ***** at me. Got Rise against, StainD, A day to remember, Seether and Metalica playin on CD now.

SalemInChains

It really is funny how people abuse the 911 system so much.

Think about this next time you hear people crying about taxes and teh cops saying they dont have enough man power and need more officers.

Its because of a-hole neighbors liek yours calling teh cops cause some1 is playing thier music IN thier home (not outdoor speakers) while showering.

Shes would save the city money buy shuttin her windows and being an adult by turning up her TV. Some people are absolutely amazing.

Imagine a real crime being comitted, a ****, a murder or a robbery and this could all be stopped but the 2 cops are busy making sure you dont play your music too loud during daylight hours. I bet those victims are glad that your a-hole neighbor is happy about the sound levels in her community while thier duaghters and mothers get robbed (or worse).

More than ever, people need to think. So many stupid people, so little common sense.

your neighbors love yung bertha

reaper2792

craftyshot wrote:

So I get out of the shower at 8am on a Saturday morning to be greated by a lady at my door screaming at me to turn my music off. Standing at my front door I'm still dripping wet with no shirt on and in the middle of an arguement with my next door neighbor. Where I live it is only illegal to have loud music past 10pm at night and being heard 5 feet from the edge of the driveway. I remind you this was 8am on a Saturday morning. I could only laugh. She tried telling me how illegal it was so I said well let's find out, go call the cops. So 15 minutes later two cops show up at my house dumbfounded looking at eachother then ask me if there is any music playing. I at the time still had my system playing almost full blast rockin' out to some Metalica. I told the cop yes my music is still on and I haven't turned it down yet. I sat there and talked with the cops for maybe 3 minutes and telling them that this isn't the first time the same lady called the cops on me. The cops looked at eachother again then said to me "everything is fine, have a good day". Every time this lady has called the cops on me and my neighbors it has been between 6pm-8:30pm which is totally legal for loud noise during the day.

These encounters with the cops and neighbors just make me laugh. and bring a smile to my face so I thought I'd share this little story with you.

I think you did it on purpose so your neigbor would knock on your door while you are just getting out of the shower. do you have a crush on her? Anyways, the only thing i see that conflicts your story is that you said she called at 8AM on a Saturday but then you said she always calls between 6-830PM. Is this your lady?

http://www.mtleconte.com/H78146.JPG

matuzz

Lol you have nice neighbors crafty!

Wish my neighbours would play something like Metallica, all I mostly hear from them is what sounds like Panflutes and Bongo drums.. lol.

So idiots exist outside the internet too.

Nice neighbors they are.

I see why you love them. <3

I've never seen my neighbors.  Probably because they keep on moving.

SodsPlace

I had this happen a lot right after we bought our house. I soon hired a lawyer and sued my neighbor to get them to leave me alone. They now have gag order and are not able to call anyone on me. I warned her many times i would do so but she kept on coming.

craftyshot

SodsPlace wrote:

I had this happen a lot right after we bought our house. I soon hired a lawyer and sued my neighbor to get them to leave me alone. They now have gag order and are not able to call anyone on me. I warned her many times i would do so but she kept on coming.

I've heard that I can do similar things but this world is way too much sue happy as it is. Everyone wants to sue another person for their own greed and it ruins people.

As long as this is not your neighbor.

atiredoldguy

I dont recall my neighbors ever calling the cops on me , although my wife called them a few times on me and I did once myself ................. lol ..........